UPDATE: Marvin Lewis Should Have Been Fired Upon End Of Disappointing Season

2 hours ago, Hooky said:

Dungy revived the bucs, but it took another coach to get them over the top. Would Dungy had eventually won it all there? Like Marvin, he's supposedly a great guy, but was way over-rated and wouldn't have won a Super Bowl without Manning.

Gruden is the coach that is grossly overrated for winning one Super Bowl with Dungy's team.  Jon was at Tampa Bay for six years after winning the Super Bowl with the team Dungy built and he NEVER won another postseason game.  He took over a solid franchise and ran it into the ground.  He could not get Oakland to the Super Bowl, but as soon as he left for Tampa they made it under a new coach.

With Tampa Bay Dungy won .563 of his regular season games, made the playoffs 4 of 6 years, and won a postseason game in 2 different seasons.  With Tampa Bay Gruden won .509 of his regular season games, only made the playoffs 3 times in 7 seasons, and only had one season  with a postseason win.

Over all Dungy won .668 of his regular season games, made the playoffs 11 of 13 years, and won 9 postseason games. Gruden won .540 of his regular season games, made the playoffs less than half the time (5 of 11) and only won a total of 5 postseason games.

In the 10 seasons when Gruden was not handed a roster built by Dungy he averaged 8.3 wins per year (83-77) and won only 2 postseason games.

5 minutes ago, 75North said:

It's not the same across the board. The goals and the tasks I have to complete to keep my job are wayyy different than that of an NFL coach. Can't compare it to anything else besides another coaching job, in my opinion. The ultimate goal of an NFL coach is to win a SB. He hasn't done it after a decade and a half with 7 tries. At this point, after one of his worst seasons, he wants to talk about an extension? That is a joke and flat out insulting to the fan base. He knows damned good and well he doesn't deserve one and this just shows he has zero integrity. Sickening.

After next season, he absolutely should be out of chances, barring at the very least a deep playoff run. I can't believe people actually are still defending him. It really is sad. It's like you all have Battered Wives' Syndrome or something. 

Change is good. Embrace it.

Any time one of you folks start talking battered wife's syndrome, I realize that you've never managed or coached anything in your life.  And you want to talk about a man having zero integrity.  Child please.  

37 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

How many of you walk in your job everyday, asking to have zero security?  How can you fault someone else for wanting it?  I realize most of you dislike him, but bitching about him asking for something you would be asking for if it was you is rather ludicrous.

Anyone here who keeps missing on annual goals or objectives for their unit, department, etc. would NEVER have the balls to then go into their boss's office and tell him or her that you would like some more job security so that you can feel better.

if your job works like Marvin does, you should be a very happy man. 

28 minutes ago, 75North said:

I can't believe people actually are still defending him. It really is sad. It's like you all have Battered Wives' Syndrome or something. 

WHF are you talking about.  Please list all of the people here who are suggesting that Marvin should get an extension.

The saddest thing around here is when the guys who constantly bitch and moan like teenage girls think that that makes them sound tough.  Or when some career shoe salesman starts squealing about how he does not "accept mediocrity".

13 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

Anyone here who keeps missing on annual goals or objectives for their unit, department, etc. would NEVER have the balls to then go into their boss's office and tell him or her that you would like some more job security so that you can feel better.

if your job works like Marvin does, you should be a very happy man. 

Actually that is the way it usually works.

I have never known a single person in management who went to the boss and offered to give up job security for himself and his staff.

9 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

WHF are you talking about.  Please list all of the people here who are suggesting that Marvin should get an extension.

The saddest thing around here is when the guys who constantly bitch and moan like teenage girls think that that makes them sound tough.  Or when some career shoe salesman starts squealing about how he does not "accept mediocrity".

As opposed to the guy who has time to post on here all day and night?

1 hour ago, fredtoast said:

Gruden is the coach that is grossly overrated for winning one Super Bowl with Dungy's team.  Jon was at Tampa Bay for six years after winning the Super Bowl with the team Dungy built and he NEVER won another postseason game.  He took over a solid franchise and ran it into the ground.  He could not get Oakland to the Super Bowl, but as soon as he left for Tampa they made it under a new coach.

That is a double standard - you could say the same exact thing about Dungy - he couldn't get the Bucs into the Super Bowl. You chide Gruden for getting someone else's team into the SB, but didn't Bill Callahan do the same exact thing with the team Gruden built?

2 hours ago, kennethmw said:

Any time one of you folks start talking battered wife's syndrome, I realize that you've never managed or coached anything in your life.  And you want to talk about a man having zero integrity.  Child please.  

1 hour ago, fredtoast said:

Neither of you have any idea what I do or have done just as I have no idea about your life. Kenneth, please tell me how your opinion of my coaching experience means I have no integrity. You're coming off as ignorant now. Here, let me educate you:

in·teg·ri·ty
inˈteɡrədē/
noun

1. 1.
    the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.
    "he is known to be a man of integrity"
    synonyms: honesty, probity, rectitude, honor, good character, principle(s), ethics, morals, righteousness, morality, virtue, decency, fairness, scrupulousness, sincerity, truthfulness, trustworthiness
    "I never doubted his integrity"

Oh yeah and BTW, fredtoast, when I said "you" it is a very general term as in "you people on the interwebz who defend Marvin Lewis".  I apologize for the lack of clarification. I would think a person who is self-employed would be smart enough to decipher such things. My mistake. 

24 minutes ago, 75North said:

Neither of you have any idea what I do or have done just as I have no idea about your life. Kenneth, please tell me how your opinion of my coaching experience means I have no integrity. You're coming off as ignorant now. Here, let me educate you:

Oh yeah and BTW, fredtoast, when I said "you" it is a very general term as in "you people on the interwebz who defend Marvin Lewis".  I apologize for the lack of clarification. I would think a person who is self-employed would be smart enough to decipher such things. My mistake. 

Integrity would be admitting that in the same situation that Marvin is in, that you would do the same thing.  I have not yet met one single individual in my lifetime that had the opinion that they are not worthy of keeping their employment, and that includes plenty that I have personally terminated from said employment.  Anything else is bullshit.  

16 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

Integrity would be admitting that in the same situation that Marvin is in, that you would do the same thing.  I have not yet met one single individual in my lifetime that had the opinion that they are not worthy of keeping their employment, and that includes plenty that I have personally terminated from said employment.  Anything else is bullshit.  

Ugh. You're still not getting what I'm saying. If he had a shred a of integrity he would man up and step aside as coach. He knows that he is not getting it done. Whether it's because of a money grab or his unwillingness to give up trying to win a single playoff game, he has no business even trying to retain his current position past next season. Either way he is being selfish. He is doing what is best for him and his buddies' wallets and not the organization...and ultimately that is his #1 priority as HC.  He is worthy of a job elsewhere, no doubt. Definitely evaluating talent(which I wonder about lately) in the FO somewhere, but he simply is not fit to hold his current position. I can't believe we are still arguing this fact. 

1 minute ago, 75North said:

Meh.  You're still not getting what I'm say. Ugh. If he had a shred a of integrity he would man up and step aside as coach. He knows that he is not getting it done. Whether it's because of a money grab or his unwillingness to give up trying to win a single playoff game, he has no business even trying to retain his current position past next season. Either way he is being selfish. He is doing what is best for him and his buddies' wallets and not the organization...and ultimately that is his #1 priority as HC.  He is worthy of a job elsewhere, no doubt. Definitely evaluating talent(which I wonder about lately) in the FO somewhere, but he simply is not fit to hold his current position. I can't believe we are still arguing this fact. 

That is ignorance personified.  You show me a man that does not believe, regardless of his history, that he is unqualified to do the job he has, and I will show you an absolute loser.  A true man may get fired, but he never quits!  If you don't understand that, then you must be a quitter, too!

29 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

You're just flat out wrong. No one who knows he is not meeting his job's objectives and expectations would march into their boss's office and ask for an extension. It's just not done. And it shouldn't be done. 

1 hour ago, Madieu Superstar said:

You're just flat out wrong. No one who knows he is not meeting his job's objectives and expectations would march into their boss's office and ask for an extension. It's just not done. And it shouldn't be done. 

If you were his boss, then you could set his objectives, but since you're not, explain to me why your bitching about "objectives and expectations" have any validity?

26 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

If you were his boss, then you could set his objectives, but since you're not, explain to me why your bitching about "objectives and expectations" have any validity?

Yes and if you don't meet your objectives and expectations tell me what happens?

38 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Yes and if you don't meet your objectives and expectations tell me what happens?

I don't have a bunch of people that don't know my Job or what my actual objectives of expectations trying to bitch about them, so it really doesn't matter, now does it?

3 hours ago, kennethmw said:

That is ignorance personified.  You show me a man that does not believe, regardless of his history, that he is unqualified to do the job he has, and I will show you an absolute loser.  A true man may get fired, but he never quits!  If you don't understand that, then you must be a quitter, too!

lol...You mad little buddy? Gettin' a little salty there aren't we? Tell you what, we can agree to disagree because this is pointless.

The funny thing is, after all this I still don't think you really understand the meaning of integrity, otherwise you would 100% get my point. If you don't get it, then you don't get it. This was fun, let's not do it again. Good day, sir. 

Archived