Willie Anderson on Ced (and more)

Talks about how Oline gets all the blame when things go wrong, and that sometimes it's deserved, sometimes it's WRs running wrong routes that forces the QB to hold onto the ball longer, sometimes it's RBs hitting the wrong hole. Says Ced has talent and he could help like he does with other players, but he doesnt want to step on Alexander's toes either, and that Alexander is a good coach. Talks about how he trains O-linmen and how it's the new skill position and you cant just be strong (ie: just squating and benching) but skills need to be developed too. Says his organization is working on that and apps and such to do it. 

Says he understood why AJ was frustrated about not playing this week but also why the Bengals wanted to sit him (ie: We want it to heal 100% and not require surgery because we want AJ around for 15 years) 

Talked about how he knew it was time for him to retire after the 2008 AFCC (playing with the Ravens) due to the heartbreak of losing and not wanting to do that again he said after the game he had "retired on the bus" (meaning he was done after the game on the way back to their hotel) and that he only knows Marvin so well so he cant say how Marvin feels about possibly retiring after this season.

8 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

While I don't think they should get rid of Ced, he sure shouldn't be counted on as a starter next season.

Fisher barely got snaps till late but has been decent at RT. I think they should extend whit for LT. Fisher is your RT and you keep working with Ced and giving him a couple series a game to grow. Lots of OTs struggle coming from NCAA's in recent years. This year was also his first meaningful snaps in 2 years.

16 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Cmon man we gave Margus how many years to develop? But we should shitcan Ced after his first season playing & Alexander as his coach. Nah.

Marcus never cost us a game and spent a lot of time on the inactive list and never saw the field.  Ogbuhei saw lots of the field close up when he was laying on it face down.

23 hours ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

Fisher barely got snaps till late but has been decent at RT. I think they should extend whit for LT. Fisher is your RT and you keep working with Ced and giving him a couple series a game to grow. Lots of OTs struggle coming from NCAA's in recent years. This year was also his first meaningful snaps in 2 years.

Come on, TKF, that's too DAMN Logical!  Shit's not allowed here!

26 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

The Bengals released him. It's not like he quit. 

Lots of players get released, they don't all go to a division rival with the intent of screwing over the franchise.  Dude wasn't even on the field, just lurking on the sideline giving away the protection schemes, signals & whatever.  Pretty shitty if you ask me.

On 12/27/2016 at 0:21 PM, Jamie_B said:

Alexander is a good coach. Talks about how he trains O-linmen and how it's the new skill position and you cant just be strong (ie: just squating and benching) but skills need to be developed too. Says his organization is working on that and apps and such to do it. 

Reading this I just think of Bodine.

And T-Dub is right.  Fat Willie is a putz.

On 12/28/2016 at 6:07 PM, T-Dub said:

Lots of players get released, they don't all go to a division rival with the intent of screwing over the franchise.  Dude wasn't even on the field, just lurking on the sideline giving away the protection schemes, signals & whatever.  Pretty shitty if you ask me.

Willie wasn't giving away the calls. Hue Jackson (one of the Ravens assistants) was giving out all of the information as it hadn't changed at all from when he was the WR coach here.

2 hours ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

Willie wasn't giving away the calls. Hue Jackson (one of the Ravens assistants) was giving out all of the information as it hadn't changed at all from when he was the WR coach here.

I guess Willie was wearing a headset to listen to some smooth jazz then

Archived