Willie Anderson on Ced (and more)

On 12/27/2016 at 3:50 PM, T-Dub said:

Cmon man we gave Margus how many years to develop? But we should shitcan Ced after his first season playing & Alexander as his coach. Nah.

I definitely wouldn't give up on the kid yet but I sure as hell wouldn't go in to the season counting on him or surely not penciling him in as a starter anywhere.

On 1/3/2017 at 4:17 PM, StripesEarned said:

I definitely wouldn't give up on the kid yet but I sure as hell wouldn't go in to the season counting on him or surely not penciling him in as a starter anywhere.

This.

The guy has never had a healthy training camp, and there are not a lot of practice reps once the season starts.  So I am wiling to give him another chance.  He needs to improve everything about his game, but not having good "game awareness" can make a player look flatfooted and off balance.  No other unit on a football team needs to work in unison more than an O-line.  Hopefully getting Ogbuehi a lot of snaps in training camp will help him straighten out his game.

In Paul Alexanders 250 years as Bengal O-line coach he has never had a high draft pick flop.  It would be stunning if neither Ogbuehi nor Fisher became a very good starter.

Archived