A.J. now out, too...

A.J. Green ruled out for season finale against Baltimore

Wednesday, December 28th 2016, 2:21 pm ESTWednesday, December 28th 2016, 2:25 pm ESTBy Jeremy Rauch, Sports Anchor

CINCINNATI (FOX19) -

The Bengals ruled out six-time Pro Bowl wide receiver A.J. Green for Sunday’s game, after Marvin Lewis announced on Wednesday that Green would not play against Baltimore.

Green said last week that he wanted to play on Christmas Eve in Houston, but after traveling with the team to Houston, Green was then told that he would not play. Green then decided to fly home on Friday night, according to Marvin Lewis.

Green hasn’t played a down since he injured his hamstring on the first series of the Bengals’ 16-12 loss to the Bills on Nov. 20th. Sunday’s game against the Ravens will be the sixth straight game Green has missed due to his hamstring injury.

Green ends the 2016 season with 66 receptions for 964 yards and 4 touchdowns. He was just 36 yards shy of joining Randy Moss as the only other NFL receiver to reach 1,000 yards in each of his first six seasons.

I think this shows how inept and screwed up this organization is.

1) They should have put him on IR with Eifert and Boling if they knew he was not going to play to give some practice squad a promotion and some snaps if for nothing else but to brag to his grandchildren about some day.

2) Let him play long enough and catch enough passes at the sideline and run out of bounds to get his 36 yards and tie Moss, break the record next year.

And they wonder why the fans are frustrated with this kind of crap.  We need something to hang our hats on.

21 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I think this shows how inept and screwed up this organization is.

1) They should have put him on IR with Eifert and Boling if they knew he was not going to play to give some practice squad a promotion and some snaps if for nothing else but to brag to his grandchildren about some day.

2) Let him play long enough and catch enough passes at the sideline and run out of bounds to get his 36 yards and tie Moss, break the record next year.

And they wonder why the fans are frustrated with this kind of crap.  We need something to hang our hats on.

Yeah, then he hurts the hamstring worse, and you're bitching because they let him play for a "meaningless" record.

21 hours ago, kennethmw said:

Yeah, then he hurts the hamstring worse, and you're bitching because they let him play for a "meaningless" record.

He has been participating in meaningless practices for weeks and it's the last game of the season. Let him play, shit like this is how you piss off a super star player and they force you to trade them. 

A team source tells me Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict won't play this Sunday. That makes sense. The Bengals are eliminated and Burfict is reportedly still in concussion protocol. If the organization is going to be conservative with AJ Green why try to rush back a player who has had multiple concussions?

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0606112972800004417-4

In talking with Bengals players today, here are the two main headlines: RB Jeremy Hill (knee) is unlikely to play on Sunday, and WR A.J. Green hasn't been around much this week. One player told me he hasn't seen Green in a single meeting since the wide receiver left Houston on Saturday. I'm told that's rare, even for an injured player.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0606205343235577971-4

:46:

Archived