Shazier: Stealers treat Bengals “like little brothers that get on our nerves”

Shazier: Stealers treat Bengals “like little brothers that get on our nerves”

Posted by Mike Florio on December 29, 2016, 3:48 PM EST
PITTSBURGH, PA - DECEMBER 28:  Ryan Shazier #50 of the Pittsburgh Steelers reacts during introductions prior to the game against the Cincinnati Bengals at Heinz Field on December 28, 2014 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.  (Photo by Justin K. Aller/Getty Images)Getty Images

The Stealers have a pair of arch rivals in the AFC North. Or do they?

Asked Wednesday whether the Stealers have a bigger rivalry with the Ravens or the Bengals, linebacker Ryan Shazier declined to even apply the rivalry label to the annual two-game Cincinnati series.

“The Ravens are more of a rivalry and the Bengals, we treat them like little brothers that get on our nerves,” Shazier said on PFT Live. “They constantly bug you, they try to get on your nerves and try to find a way to beat the big brother but they never can. You know smometimes little brother might be a little bit more athletic or quicker or something but the big brother always finds a way and I feel like that’s how we are. We find a way no matter what. They have athletes over there, they got a good team over there, but I feel like we’re just the big brothers. I think we mentally got them beat and I know how important it is to a lot of our guys.”

The Stealers have beaten the Bengals four straight times and seven of the last eight. Including a pair of playoff wins by the Stealers, Pittsburgh leads a series that dates back to 1970 by a 23-game margin, 58-35.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/29/shazier-Stealers-treat-bengals-like-little-brothers-that-get-on-our-nerves/

Their LB's are only relevant for between 3-4 years...then they just fade into nobodies. But during their time in the spotlight (née Collinsworth) they all become Jack Lambert and get all nastified. 

This shit wasn't Mr, Mean Machine at OSU...he was a fucking cog in a sprocket. He'll fade out soon enough.

20 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Their LB's are only relevant for between 3-4 years...then they just fade into nobodies. But during their time in the spotlight (née Collinsworth) they all become Jack Lambert and get all nastified. 

This shit wasn't Mr, Mean Machine at OSU...he was a fucking cog in a sprocket. He'll fade out soon enough.

Your hate has clouded your memory. He was a very good LB at tOSU.

3 minutes ago, saphead said:

I liked it last year when little bro maimed a couple of their players making them unable to advance any further. I still masturbate  to that. 

Watching FrankenBen ride out on the cart would've been as good as a playoff win, if I didn't know he'd be back in 5 minutes so the announcers could have a circlejerk about how tough he is.. Biggest drama queen in football.

46 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Watching FrankenBen ride out on the cart would've been as good as a playoff win, if I didn't know he'd be back in 5 minutes so the announcers could have a circlejerk about how tough he is.. Biggest drama queen in football.

The 1st time in modern NFL history  a player has utilized a motorized cart for a minor shoulder injury. Even his sexual assault victims walked under their own power to the clinic to have their rape kits administered. 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

true ...but fuck him... he is dead to me like all Bucks that go to the stealers..

as soon as they go there...they turn in  to cheap shot fucking pieces of shit... this fucking cock sucker proves it as much as anyone....

ok...thats enough fucks for one paragraph 

6 hours ago, fluhartz said:

true ...but fuck him... he is dead to me like all Bucks that go to the stealers..

as soon as they go there...they turn in  to cheap shot fucking pieces of shit... this fucking cock sucker proves it as much as anyone....

ok...thats enough fucks for one paragraph 

How about adding all Ohio players who go to the fucking Squeelers?  Ben Rapeherburger went to Miami and the bitchiest of them all, Mike Mitchell went to Ohio University.

True, Brasier is a cheap shot bitch.  But his comments show how little respect at least his mob has for the Marvengals.  I mean, when they (including their coaches) can win a playoff game they had already lost by jerking around and trash talking our players into losing their cool and the game for us because the Marvelettes are so undisciplined, what does that say about the respect for and control over the players Marv has?  Wasn't there another one who said that they hope Marv stays forever because as long as he is there they know they own us (paraphrase, something to that effect but that's the gist of it)?  What does that kind of shit and Brasier say about The Marvin?

Mike Brown needs a mental enema and Katie needs the kind of fucking she never got from her fey husband to flush the stinkin' thinkin', an attitude adjustment, grow two pairs of balls, and figure out Marv has GOT to go.  THEY run the organization, not him as it now appears.  And MikeandKatie owe it to the fans and not jack shit to Marvmallow.  Another year on his contract?  Hell, he should pay back what he made for the last season.  Several seasons.

I have this mental image of Marvy hiding behind Massive Mike, sticking out his tongue, thumbing his nose and going "neener, neener, neener, you can't touch me" to the fan base while the players flip water bottles on the sidelines trying to make them land upright in close games.

15 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Can he at least wait until his team accomplishes something besides a gift-wrapped playoff "win"?

Well, you really can't make this shit up but it looks like they have a date with Miami and Oakland, the two teams without quarterbacks before meeting with the Patriots/Chiefs.

17 minutes ago, JC said:

Well, you really can't make this shit up but it looks like they have a date with Miami and Oakland, the two teams without quarterbacks before meeting with the Patriots/Chiefs.

As I said somewhere else, I don't think Oakland will be an easy game. I objectively don't think they will win in Oakland. West coast games are brutal and regardless of what the ass kissers say, their D is not that good. A back-up QB should not be intimidated. Especially since they have a decent run game. But that may be moot since there's a really good chance that KC will slip into the 2 spot. I think McGoin would be fine with another game and a bye, but he has to win in Denver. And unlike the stealers, they can torture a backup QB if everybody plays. If he survives Denver, he should be fine against the stealers at home.

Of course, the stealers have to beat Miami at cow shit field first. Unfortunately, I think they will.

11 hours ago, Jason said:

He didn't play for OSU, he played for Michigan. There was even some site that showed his college as Michigan. I'm going with that. It suits him more anyway.

Archived