Bengals working on a trade for McCarron?

10 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

Browns have 2 1st round and 2 2nd round picks.  Maybe Hue will want to make the "2nd greatest trade in football" and give some of those up for McCarron.

Normally I would not trade a player to another AFCN team but it is the Browns were talking about.

OMG imagine if they started winning with him.  There would be riots.  Go would turn all Unabomber on us. 

4 hours ago, westside bengal said:

Browns have 2 1st round and 2 2nd round picks.  Maybe Hue will want to make the "2nd greatest trade in football" and give some of those up for McCarron.

Normally I would not trade a player to another AFCN team but it is the Browns were talking about.

I'd take it.

4 hours ago, T-Dub said:

OMG imagine if they started winning with him.  There would be riots.  Go would turn all Unabomber on us. 

The NFL karma is such that eventually the best become the worse and the worse become the best.  Its only the mediocre who remain mired in the middle.

4 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I'd take it.

The NFL karma is such that eventually the best become the worse and the worse become the best.  Its only the mediocre who remain mired in the middle.

IDK man, didn't somebody just post a thing the other day showing how 4-5 teams have won all but 1-2 of the last dozen or more Super Bowls?

A Jacksonville vs NO just doesn't pull in the ratings.  But of course that has nothing to do with it, of course.  New England is just a classy, classy franchise doing things the right way by cheating in the playoffs.

17 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

IDK man, didn't somebody just post a thing the other day showing how 4-5 teams have won all but 1-2 of the last dozen or more Super Bowls?

A Jacksonville vs NO just doesn't pull in the ratings.  But of course that has nothing to do with it, of course.  New England is just a classy, classy franchise doing things the right way by cheating in the playoffs.

Yeah, true and I was thinking about that.  But there was a time when players were threatened with being traded to Green Bay and San Francisco was winning Super Bowls (as much as I hate to say it).  And I have also been won over to the Protect the $hield thinking where certain teams are protected to generate revenue in merchandise, etc.

But you are right.

46 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Two decades ago the Raiders, Cowboys, 69ers, Pittspuke, Redskins and Giants ruled the post season.  Of the group, only Fucking Pittsburgh and the Giants have shown any consistency the last 15 years.

Dehner claims the Bengals turned down a 2nd and a 4th for McCarron this past offseason.  

In that point in time it makes sense to turn it down. Now, pre-draft and a season away from being a FA, I would take that in a second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd take any 2nd rounder for him straight up.

If nothing decent materializes in the offseason, there's still always a shot to make a deal during training camp or early in the season when injuries strike. Eagles were able to swindle the Vikings due to the timing of the Bridgewater injury. 

55 minutes ago, happyrid said:

If nothing decent materializes in the offseason, there's still always a shot to make a deal during training camp or early in the season when injuries strike. Eagles were able to swindle the Vikings due to the timing of the Bridgewater injury. 

QB value always goes up after the draft. Teams go "I can probably get a guy I like in the 5th..." and then panic when they don't or a starter goes down.

Flipside - It's harder for a team to trade a QB after the draft if they don't have his replacement. 

The Bengals need a 3rd QB developmental guy either for the trade or for eventual replacement due to FA.

1 minute ago, LostInDaJungle said:

QB value always goes up after the draft. Teams go "I can probably get a guy I like in the 5th..." and then panic when they don't or a starter goes down.

Flipside - It's harder for a team to trade a QB after the draft if they don't have his replacement. 

The Bengals need a 3rd QB developmental guy either for the trade or for eventual replacement due to FA.

If they like Driskel enough, they can go with two QBs like they normally do. They must like him a decent amount because I think they kept him on the active roster all year.

I agree with you on the timing though. Probably not until after teams strike out on their top targets in the draft. And then we're probably stuck waiting for a 2018 pick instead of getting some immediate impact from extra 2017 picks like we'd all like to see. 

6 minutes ago, happyrid said:

If they like Driskel enough, they can go with two QBs like they normally do. They must like him a decent amount because I think they kept him on the active roster all year.

I agree with you on the timing though. Probably not until after teams strike out on their top targets in the draft. And then we're probably stuck waiting for a 2018 pick instead of getting some immediate impact from extra 2017 picks like we'd all like to see. 

As a Gator Alum - I refuse to believe that Driskel is ever going to be a competent QB.

If Bengals are going to trade McCarron they don't want to gamble with holding on to him until training camp.  We need to be working on developing our #2 instead of giving reps to MacCarron.

It seems like they have confidence in Driskall.  I am a big SEC fan, and I don't know why.  But if he is going to be our #2 he needs to be getting as many reps as possible as soon as possible.

5 hours ago, TheBeaverHunter said:

Trade Dalton for a second and promote AJ to starter......

This would be my dream scenario, I just don't believe in Andy to be the guy to get us to a Super Bowl. He reminds me of Jon Kitna, an average at best starter but for whatever reason could never win the big game and was best served as an awesome backup on a good team. 

McCarron has something special about him, dude is a winner on every level. He had this franchise within one minute and thirty seconds of winning his first playoff game in 25 years if not for his teammates self destructing and costing us the victory. In the small sample size of games he was able to he only lost to Super Bowl champs on the road in overtime and the playoff lost which you can't blame him for losing when the RB fumbles and Harry(Vontze) and Lloyd(Pacman) aka Dumb & Dumber committed the stupidest penalties in NFL history. 

Alls I'm sayin is after 6 seasons of watching Andy I would rather see what AJ McCarron can do. 

Don't look now, but your Jon Kitna lookalike is getting ready to pass super-fabulous Quitter in career stats (already has passed him in wins). All in 6 seasons. Give him 3-4 more and he will be the all-time leader.

Unlike you, I was at that game last January. While your hero managed the game about as well as he could, the only reason the team was even in a position to win, was due to the superior defensive players you want to trash. And without AJ Green's acrobatics on the last drive, your hero would not be tabbed as having "won" anything.

But of course, you know so much more, so why bother disputing.

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Don't look now, but your Jon Kitna lookalike is getting ready to pass super-fabulous Quitter in career stats (already has passed him in wins). All in 6 seasons. Give him 3-4 more and he will be the all-time leader.

Unlike you, I was at that game last January. While your hero managed the game about as well as he could, the only reason the team was even in a position to win, was due to the superior defensive players you want to trash. And without AJ Green's acrobatics on the last drive, your hero would not be tabbed as having "won" anything.

But of course, you know so much more, so why bother disputing.

You need some

15087996?wid=450&hei=450&fmt=pjpeg

This might help with the butthurt you've been experiencing the last few days, they also have wipes increase the cream is too messy. 

Seriously dude, relax. It just my opinion. Just like you think signing Ryan Fitzpatrick is a good idea, I think if given the opportunity AJ McCarron would be a better QB than Andy. 

Also, how do know you if I was at the game or not? And if I wasn't, does being at the game vs. watching on TV give you more insight or credibility? Were there secret plays that only people at the game were able to see? My point was that McCarron played well enough in his 4 career start to have the Bengals in a position to win a playoff game vs. the Stealers, a team that Dalton has a only beaten 3 out of 12 times...

Andy is the qb of this franchise and will be for the foreseeable future while McCarron is on the trading block, so you don't have to worry about Dalton going anywhere anytime soon. Only time will tell if he can ever lead this team to a championship. He's won never a championship at any level; high school, college, or pros. McCarron has won a State championship in HS and is the only QB to win a national championship 3 times...and he married a smoking hot model. He's a winner on and off the field and I would rather him be the QB for my favorite football team instead of a guy who shrinks when the bright lights come on but looks like a superstar when nothing is at stake, sorry if that hurts your feelings but the Prep H will help with that burning feeling that being butthurt causes. 

9 hours ago, happyrid said:

I'd take a top 10 3 for him.

On 1/5/2017 at 8:58 AM, PatternMaster said:

If we trade McCarron I would love to see us go after EJ Manuel, he's a free agent that will not be back with Bills. He has all the physical attributes you look for but just needs some good coaching. 

Hoyer and Foles would also be good options to back up Andy. 

I'd like to see them go after Mike Glennon from the Bucs.  He's going to be a FA.  6'7" 225 lbs.   Just turned 27 in December.  

Sat behind Russell Wilson at NC State for 3 years then when Wilson transferred to Wisconsin he stepped in and did a nice job

all things considered.  The guy has a cannon for an arm but not the greatest footwork in the pocket.  If the OL could get back

to pass protecting like they did in 2014 and 2015 I wouldn't see it being that big of a problem.  

12 hours ago, Randle P McMurphy said:

If the OL could get back to pass protecting like they did in 2014 and 2015 I wouldn't see it being that big of a problem.  

I don't think they were all that great at it then, either.  Smith was at least average & they gave up fewer sacks, but Dalton was still running for his life most of the time or taking 3-step drops. Often both. Look at their rushing numbers - the OL was seriously overrated.  Losing an average RT wouldn't cause a good OL to go completely to shit the way they did.  It was smoke & mirrors.

Archived