Matt Miller put out his first complete 7 round mock of the year. I wouldnt hate his draft at all especially the first two rounds, but in a perfect world id like the Bengals 2017 draft to look like this... what does your mock look like? 

1. Reuben Foster  LB  Alabama (Miller's pick)

1. Dalvin Cook RB  Florida St. (My pick)

2. Solomon Thomas DE  Stanford (Miller)

2. Budda Baker  S  Washington (My pick)

3. Pat Elflein  C  Ohio St. (Miller)

3. Isiah Ford  WR  Va. Tech (My Pick)

4a. Davon Godchaux DE  LSU (Miller)

4a. Charles Walker DE Oklahoma (My pick)

4b. Avery Gennessy OT  Tex A&M (Miller)

4b. Corn Elder  CB  Miami FL (My Pick) 

4c. DaMonte Kazee CB SDSU (Miller) 

4c. Taylor Moten OT W. Michigan (My pick) 

5. Taywan Taylor  WR  W. Kentucky (Miller)

5. Ben Boulware  LB  Clemson (My Pick)

6a. Xavier Woods  S  La. Tech (Miller) 

6a. Kyle Fuller  C  Baylor (My pick)

6b. Tanoh Kpassagnon DE Villanova (Miller)

6b. DeAngelo Brown DT Louisville (My pick)

6c. Caleb Peterson  G  North Carolina (Miller)

6c.Caleb Peterson G North Carolina (My pick)

7. DeAngelo Henderson RB Coastal Car. (Miller)

7. Josh Dobbs  QB  Tennessee (My pick) 

This belongs in the draft/fantasy area of the forum.

Anyways, too early for mocks.

I want a a top tier LB and a Center in round 2.

I like matt Miller's mock a lot.

We're not drafting a RB, good lord, this is a step below drafting a QB in the 1st round in terms of stupidity.

1 hour ago, turningpoint said:

This belongs in the draft/fantasy area of the forum.

Anyways, too early for mocks.

I want a a top tier LB and a Center in round 2.

I like matt Miller's mock a lot.

We're not drafting a RB, good lord, this is a step below drafting a QB in the 1st round in terms of stupidity.

First, I've been a member here for 12ish years, while I realize that there are sub-forums which rarely get utilized during the season, no body ever posts in them during the offseason. 

Secondly, im glad you decided to contribute to the thread. Ill look into those players you listed, who knows maybe ill learn something about one or two of them. ?

Third, its the offseason for this team, draft order is set, and the Bengals dont play in FA. Its never too early for mocks. Its all we have to look forward to. 

Lastly, this team drafts the best player available. Dalvin Cook might be one of the 3 best players in the entire draft. Burkhead is a FA, Gio is coming off injury and Hill is in his last year and hasnt really been the player we all thought he'd become after his rookie campaign. Dalvin Cook at 9 is absolutely a realistic possibility especially when he possesses elite speed, can pass protect/block well and the head coach values the run as much as Marvin. 

Jesus, this place the last 4-5 years has become painful to be a member of. There isnt a single thread posted here that doesn't involve name calling, flaming, attacking, fun/grammar police. GO, please consider tightening the leash around here. I couldnt bring myself to sign in once during the season because I knew what kind of venom would be spewing around here. 

I like Miller's mock for the positions he takes and where he takes them. I dont know enough about the players yet though.

I get the need for a RB because Burkhead is a FA and Peerman is 30, but we dont need a RB that early. Anyone watching this Oline this year and talking about a RB ...really?

3 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I like Miller's mock for the positions he takes and where he takes them. I dont know enough about the players yet though.

I get the need for a RB because Burkhead is a FA and Peerman is 30, but we dont need a RB that early. Anyone watching this Oline this year and talking about a RB ...really?

Have you seen Dalvin Cook play? He is a comination of Jamaal Charles and Adrian Peterson. Id argue is is more versatile than Elliott because of what he can do in the passing game and he's faster. I get we have holes on the O-Line but they arent giving up on Ced and Fisher anytime soon and 9 is a really unlikely place to take a Tackle. I dont think there is a single G or C worthy of the 9 spot so I think you take Foster, a pass rusher or the best talent there. Id do backflips if we got Cook. 

Icing on the cake is the kid is smart, works hard, plays in a pro style system and is squeaky clean off the field. He instantly starts and makes an impact here. 

1 minute ago, NASTYNATI said:

Have you seen Dalvin Cook play? He is a comination of Jamaal Charles and Adrian Peterson. Id argue is is more versatile than Elliott because of what he can do in the passing game and he's faster. I get we have holes on the O-Line but they arent giving up on Ced and Fisher anytime soon and 9 is a really unlikely place to take a Tackle. I dont think there is a single G or C worthy of the 9 spot so I think you take Foster, a pass rusher or the best talent there. Id do backflips if we got Cook. 

Icing on the cake is the kid is smart, works hard, plays in a pro style system and is squeaky clean off the field. He instantly starts and makes an impact here. 

No, that's why I said I haven't done much research on the players themselves.

I get BPA and all, and I agree that there isn't a C or G we take that early, but I also would not be completely shocked if we took a T and moved Ced inside, that that happens in the NFL from time to time when a guy isnt good at T....and Ced has been pretty damned bad.

Otherwise I agree we need a LB, or pass rushing DE....or maybe a WR to pair with AJ.

Would I hate it? Depends on how the rest of the draft played out. Maybe we use him and Jermey and let Gio play more of a WR type of role, who knows, just not sure how it would work with a crowded backfield.

26 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

No, that's why I said I haven't done much research on the players themselves.

I get BPA and all, and I agree that there isn't a C or G we take that early, but I also would not be completely shocked if we took a T and moved Ced inside, that that happens in the NFL from time to time when a guy isnt good at T....and Ced has been pretty damned bad.

Otherwise I agree we need a LB, or pass rushing DE....or maybe a WR to pair with AJ.

Would I hate it? Depends on how the rest of the draft played out. Maybe we use him and Jermey and let Gio play more of a WR type of role, who knows, just not sure how it would work with a crowded backfield.

Check him out man, im a Canes fan and I fell in love watching this guy abuse everyone! 

I like your draft.  However - and I have to preface this by saying I am NOT a blind Ohio State homer - I think that if the first eight picks fall like Miller predicts, Malik Hooker (S, Ohio State) should be the pick.  Shawn Williams is barely passable, and Hooker has HUGE upside.  His ability to read, break on the ball, and make a play is as good as it gets.  He looks OK in run defense and, I think he's got enough length to cover tight ends.  Ed Reed's name gets dropped as a comparison.  That's a reach for anyone, but I think Hooker has the same vision and nose for the big play - and that's what made Ed Reed a Hall-of-Famer.  

The biggest problem I see with Miller's draft is that I don't believe two quarterbacks will be taken that high.  And if it is, it will be Mitch Trubisky (QB, UNC) (who's going to break somebody's heart) and Deshaun Watson (QB, Clemson) - not Josh Allen (QB, Wyoming).

The picks in your draft I love the most are Budda Baker (CB, Washington) in the second and Ben Boulware (LB, Clemson) in the the fifth.  Although, if the Bengals go safety in Round 1, a corner in the 2nd would hard to swallow.

Random thoughts...  

I'm a big fan of Jabrill Peppers (DB, Michigan).  Contrary to popular opinion, I think he'll play corner in the NFL.   And, to me, the hardest thing to find is a guy that's athletic enough to cover the quick slot receivers, but still physical enough to match up against tight ends.  Peppers, to me, is that rare guy.  I also believe, that with reps and good coaching, he can be a shutdown corner.   

Mike Williams (WR, Clemson), in terms of need/fit, is the most logical fit for the Bengals if he slips to 9.  Line this guy up opposite A.J. Green, and watch the fireworks.   Assuming Wiiliams is gone at 9, the question becomes how much of a step down Corey Davis (WR, WMU) is.  Is he also a "no-brainer"?  Personally, I'd LOVE the pick.

The Bengals will be tempted to take Taco Charlton (DE, Michigan) if he's still on the board.  The Bengals like tall, long defensive ends from big schools.

Myles Garrett (DE, Texas A&M) is really, really good.  He's not in the same class as Jonathan Allen (Alabama, DT), though.  If you watch tape of Garrett, his athleticism is ridiculous.  Most of his plays, though, are made by flying up the field and looping back to the quarterback.  And, more importantly, the vast majority of the plays you'll see Garrett make are when he's one-on-one with a tackle.  While that's awesome, Jonathan Allen's ability to collapse the pocket as an interior rusher is "next level", and makes him the better prospect. 

I like Cook a lot but I'd be surprised if we pulled the trigger.

Imagine drafting Cook in 1 and the top center in 2. Gives us the most explosive playmaker in the draft and replaces the worst starter on the team. Offense would improve a ton.

I would be thrilled with Cook, Foster, Williams, or Barnett in Rd. 1. My biggest fear is we can't resign Whit or Drek and that will lock us into selecting a player based upon biggest need. There is no way you can roll into next season with Ced penciled in as a starter anywhere on the o-line. 

1 hour ago, NASTYNATI said:

On your I'm offended post.....you complain to Go about tightening the reigns, when all i said was this doesn't belong in this area of the forum. Wouldn't tightening the reigns be moving this post to the proper forum? I never insulted you....and I do go look at the draft area of the forum.

I get what you're saying about Cook, but i just don't like the idea of putting a Ferrari engine in a Hugo.

We need to fix this line, IMO Elliot is having the season he is because of the O-line. We fix this O-line, I'm all for going after a RB.

This game keeps evolving in a wheel.

Teams start to value WR's and the passing game because they can beat the shitty corners. So they draft WR's, then teams start to draft CB's to stop all these great QB's and WR's. Now they can't pass, but teams have been ignoring front 7 talent in order to stop the pass. So Dallas said fuck it, let's build an insanely good Oline and top it off with a good RB.....Once team start to beef up in the front 7 again, Dallas will go back down to even.

I prefer us to invest in Oline and pass coverage LB's they will win games for this team.

1 hour ago, Big Alice said:

I like your draft.  However - and I have to preface this by saying I am NOT a blind Ohio State homer - I think that if the first eight picks fall like Miller predicts, Malik Hooker (S, Ohio State) should be the pick.  Shawn Williams is barely passable, and Hooker has HUGE upside.  His ability to read, break on the ball, and make a play is as good as it gets.  He looks OK in run defense and, I think he's got enough length to cover tight ends.  Ed Reed's name gets dropped as a comparison.  That's a reach for anyone, but I think Hooker has the same vision and nose for the big play - and that's what made Ed Reed a Hall-of-Famer.  

The biggest problem I see with Miller's draft is that I don't believe two quarterbacks will be taken that high.  And if it is, it will be Mitch Trubisky (QB, UNC) (who's going to break somebody's heart) and Deshaun Watson (QB, Clemson) - not Josh Allen (QB, Wyoming).

The picks in your draft I love the most are Budda Baker (CB, Washington) in the second and Ben Boulware (LB, Clemson) in the the fifth.  Although, if the Bengals go safety in Round 1, a corner in the 2nd would hard to swallow.

Random thoughts...  

I'm a big fan of Jabrill Peppers (DB, Michigan).  Contrary to popular opinion, I think he'll play corner in the NFL.   And, to me, the hardest thing to find is a guy that's athletic enough to cover the quick slot receivers, but still physical enough to match up against tight ends.  Peppers, to me, is that rare guy.  I also believe, that with reps and good coaching, he can be a shutdown corner.   

Mike Williams (WR, Clemson), in terms of need/fit, is the most logical fit for the Bengals if he slips to 9.  Line this guy up opposite A.J. Green, and watch the fireworks.   Assuming Wiiliams is gone at 9, the question becomes how much of a step down Corey Davis (WR, WMU) is.  Is he also a "no-brainer"?  Personally, I'd LOVE the pick.

The Bengals will be tempted to take Taco Charlton (DE, Michigan) if he's still on the board.  The Bengals like tall, long defensive ends from big schools.

Myles Garrett (DE, Texas A&M) is really, really good.  He's not in the same class as Jonathan Allen (Alabama, DT), though.  If you watch tape of Garrett, his athleticism is ridiculous.  Most of his plays, though, are made by flying up the field and looping back to the quarterback.  And, more importantly, the vast majority of the plays you'll see Garrett make are when he's one-on-one with a tackle.  While that's awesome, Jonathan Allen's ability to collapse the pocket as an interior rusher is "next level", and makes him the better prospect. 

Budda Baker is a Safety, not a corner. He is projected to remain a Safety at the next level. I have the Bengals taking him in the 2nd because Williams is trash lol

44 minutes ago, Sigfox09 said:

I would be thrilled with Cook, Foster, Williams, or Barnett in Rd. 1. My biggest fear is we can't resign Whit or Drek and that will lock us into selecting a player based upon biggest need. There is no way you can roll into next season with Ced penciled in as a starter anywhere on the o-line. 

I don't think Derek Barnett fits what the Bengals look for in defensive ends.  As funny as it sounds to call a 6'3/255 guy undersized, a dude with those measurements has to have top shelf athleticism.  Barnett doesn't.  He's a high energy guy, who's nimble, but not freakish - in Bengal terms, he's a lot more like Wallace Gillberry than Carlos Dunlap.

24 minutes ago, turningpoint said:

On your I'm offended post.....you complain to Go about tightening the reigns, when all i said was this doesn't belong in this area of the forum. Wouldn't tightening the reigns be moving this post to the proper forum? I never insulted you....and I do go look at the draft area of the forum.

I get what you're saying about Cook, but i just don't like the idea of putting a Ferrari engine in a Hugo.

We need to fix this line, IMO Elliot is having the season he is because of the O-line. We fix this O-line, I'm all for going after a RB.

This game keeps evolving in a wheel.

Teams start to value WR's and the passing game because they can beat the shitty corners. So they draft WR's, then teams start to draft CB's to stop all these great QB's and WR's. Now they can't pass, but teams have been ignoring front 7 talent in order to stop the pass. So Dallas said fuck it, let's build an insanely good Oline and top it off with a good RB.....Once team start to beef up in the front 7 again, Dallas will go back down to even.

I prefer us to invest in Oline and pass coverage LB's they will win games for this team.

You barging in stating taking an RB was stupid, pointing out the thread was started in wrong forum and not positively contributing to the thread is why I made the comment to GO. 

No hard feelings, just not interested in yet another thread here going downhill because of petty bullshit. Im trying to gauge where the fanbase thinks we should go and my hope was to learn of some players I dont closely follow to help make this off season a little more interesting. 

Now that we've settled that, I completely agree that our O-Line needs help but at 9 I dont see any O-Line prospect being taken there. Elite tackles go top 5, there are no elite Guards or Centers in this class and they dont reach based on need anymore... havent for a long time. This offense needs help in all areas. I truly believe Cook is possible at 9. 

11 minutes ago, NASTYNATI said:

Budda Baker is a Safety, not a corner. He is projected to remain a Safety at the next level. I have the Bengals taking him in the 2nd because Williams is trash lol

You're right.  My bad.

I wouldn't call Shawn Williams "trash", but he is definitely JAG.

10 minutes ago, snarkster said:

Not totally against Cook, but do have some concerns

1) Smallish for a NFL bell cow

2) Has some fumblitis issues

3) Three shoulder labrum surgeries since high school.

4) A top 10 pick is kind of high for a RB

One of my best friends is a strength coach at FSU. Ive discussed the shoulder/durability concerns with him... his response every time is that the kid is incredibly smart with his body, and he is an unbelievable physical specimen. Im taking his word for it. (Obviously im all in on Cook so im giving him the hard sell here) all bs aside though im being told there is very little to be concerned with when it comes to his physical health and durability. 

667 carries over 3 seasons, 10 fumbles, 6.5 yards per carry and 45 TD's. Id like to mention that the last two years their O-Line has been average at best... kind of reminds you of, oh I dont know... Cincinnati ?

The Bengals 2 biggest weaknesses right now are the LB'er core and Center.  In your mock Nastynati you ignored those

2 positions until the 5th and 6th round.  We need an "impact" player in the 1st this year.  Would Cook make an

impact?  Possibly but we've already invested 2 2nd round picks recently at the position making it a "luxury" pick.

This team isn't in any position to be making a "luxury" pick at #9.  I don't see the Bengals taking a WR in round 1

either because as long as Eifert is on the field, (And yeah, I know lol) a #2 WR is going to be at best the 3rd 

receiving option.  You don't use a top 10 pick on someone who is going to be the 3rd option in the passing game. 

Outside of Garrett or Allen, I don't really see any other DE's coming in and starting.  They'd more likely become 

part of the DL rotation.  Using a top 10 pick on a rotational/situational player isn't the way to go.  No Center is

worth a top 10 pick so I'd have to go with Foster.  I don't think Elflein makes it to our 3rd round pick and I 

wouldn't be disappointed with him in the 2nd.  

12 minutes ago, NASTYNATI said:

One of my best friends is a strength coach at FSU. Ive discussed the shoulder/durability concerns with him... his response every time is that the kid is incredibly smart with his body, and he is an unbelievable physical specimen. Im taking his word for it. (Obviously im all in on Cook so im giving him the hard sell here) all bs aside though im being told there is very little to be concerned with when it comes to his physical health and durability. 

667 carries over 3 seasons, 10 fumbles, 6.5 yards per carry and 45 TD's. Id like to mention that the last two years their O-Line has been average at best... kind of reminds you of, oh I dont know... Cincinnati ?

Sure but I dont think our Oline is average at best these days

I would say they are closer to bottom 10 than top 10 :ninja:

Archived