Has everybody all of a sudden become a mewling pussy that gets offended at everything?

You should see all the reports we mods get about things people don't like... I'm thinking of asking the rest of the Mod team if we should create a Safe room, a Therapy room, a "Cry-in" room, and a dog therapy room for all the hurt assholes we have around here.

This is supposed to be a fairly mod free board where you can cut loose sometimes, vent, and generally NOT be a raging infected hemorrhoid and still be able to post.

How about we all grow a set again and chill the fuck out?

MMmmkay?

NO fucking ninja... 

1 hour ago, Randle P McMurphy said:

P.S.  Asking Go to tighten the reigns around here for the flaming, name calling and attacking is like asking a 

pyromaniac to be Fire Chief.  

I just spit milk out my nose...thanks!  +1.

1 hour ago, USN Bengal said:

Has everybody all of a sudden become a mewling pussy that gets offended at everything?

You should see all the reports we mods get about things people don't like... I'm thinking of asking the rest of the Mod team if we should create a Safe room, a Therapy room, a "Cry-in" room, and a dog therapy room for all the hurt assholes we have around here.

This is supposed to be a fairly mod free board where you can cut loose sometimes, vent, and generally NOT be a raging infected hemorrhoid and still be able to post.

MMmmkay?

NO fucking ninja... 

Millenials.  :facepalm:

1 hour ago, snarkster said:

Not totally against Cook, but do have some concerns

1) Smallish for a NFL bell cow

2) Has some fumblitis issues

3) Three shoulder labrum surgeries since high school.

4) A top 10 pick is kind of high for a RB

If we draft Cook, I'd want to keep Rex as well as Gio.

I really liked what Vigil flashed on Sunday but Burfict at WLB and Foster at MLB would be really awesome. Foster just has the alpha dog to him. Jon Allen is my dream pick, but Foster is right behind him. Depending on how the first 8 play out, Cook could be a real option. I really hope we go defense though. I think the offense will figure itself out next year.

7 hours ago, Randle P McMurphy said:

The Bengals 2 biggest weaknesses right now are the LB'er core and Center.  In your mock Nastynati you ignored those

2 positions until the 5th and 6th round.  We need an "impact" player in the 1st this year.  Would Cook make an

impact?  Possibly but we've already invested 2 2nd round picks recently at the position making it a "luxury" pick.

This team isn't in any position to be making a "luxury" pick at #9.  I don't see the Bengals taking a WR in round 1

either because as long as Eifert is on the field, (And yeah, I know lol) a #2 WR is going to be at best the 3rd 

receiving option.  You don't use a top 10 pick on someone who is going to be the 3rd option in the passing game. 

Outside of Garrett or Allen, I don't really see any other DE's coming in and starting.  They'd more likely become 

part of the DL rotation.  Using a top 10 pick on a rotational/situational player isn't the way to go.  No Center is

worth a top 10 pick so I'd have to go with Foster.  I don't think Elflein makes it to our 3rd round pick and I 

wouldn't be disappointed with him in the 2nd.  

Jon Toth (6-5/310) out of Kentucky could be a value @ OC in the late 3rd to early 5th (may move up though).

10 hours ago, Big Alice said:

I don't think Derek Barnett fits what the Bengals look for in defensive ends.  As funny as it sounds to call a 6'3/255 guy undersized, a dude with those measurements has to have top shelf athleticism.  Barnett doesn't.  He's a high energy guy, who's nimble, but not freakish - in Bengal terms, he's a lot more like Wallace Gillberry than Carlos Dunlap.

Barnette is actually a 602 270 DE.  Perfect size for a 4 3 DE.   In the mold of Charles Johnson, John Copeland those types.  He has a big enough base to play end.  Unlike michael Johnson.   Would love Derek Barnette or LB Foster, or safety Hooker.     

not a very good o-line class this year I'm afraid so that pretty much rules one out for the Bengals early on, IMO....you could make an argument for Cam Robinson I guess but if he proves himself to be top-tier over the next few months he'll be gone before the Bengals ever get on the clock.....if he doesn't prove to be that top shelf guy though, there's really no point in the Bengals taking him at 9 and there's definitely no G's or C's that are gonna go that high.

so take out the o'lineman early and that pretty much makes this draft wide-open for the Bengals, and that includes the likes of Dalvin Cook, who could very well be best player available when we get on the clock, so I wouldn't necessarily rule that pick out just yet....especially if they re-sign Whit....can you imagine trying to gameplan for Green, Eifert, Boyd, LaFell (or Core), Cook and Dalton if you're a d-cord? Scary thought.

18 hours ago, USN Bengal said:

MMmmkay?

NO fucking ninja... 

Great info, ill check those players out asap. ?

This forum used to be a place for fans to objectively discuss this team... Its your job as a mod to ensure it remains that way. There is a huge difference between banning someone for using profanity casually and keeping every thread from turning into a raging bitchfest littered with elitist attitude, off topic banter and internet trolling/tough guys. 

Im done with this conversation here, we both know this place has gone to shit, but like Mike Brown with this coaching staff nothing will be done about it. 

Barnette is actually a 602 270 DE.  Perfect size for a 4 3 DE.   In the mold of Charles Johnson, John Copeland those types.  He has a big enough base to play end.  Unlike michael Johnson.   Would love Derek Barnette or LB Foster, or safety Hooker.     

I didn't say Barnett can't play end for "someone". I said he doesn't fit what the Bengals look for. They like tall, long guys. The shortest end in the Bengals' rotation is 6'6.

That's not an accident or a coincidence. So, I doubt they're going to spend the 9th pick on the draft who doesn't fit the metrics they obviously have established and adhered to for so long.

Every team in the league has personnel tendencies. And most of those teams stick to them pretty religiously - especially at the top of the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

42 minutes ago, NASTYNATI said:

Great info, ill check those players out asap. ?

This forum used to be a place for fans to objectively discuss this team... Its your job as a mod to ensure it remains that way. There is a huge difference between banning someone for using profanity casually and keeping every thread from turning into a raging bitchfest littered with elitist attitude, off topic banter and internet trolling/tough guys. 

Im done with this conversation here, we both know this place has gone to shit, but like Mike Brown with this coaching staff nothing will be done about it. 

You were called stupid, you object to that obviously. If you consider that too much and can't stand that little transgression, then by all means do what you have to do.

Since we aren't moderating as a paid position, and can't spend 24/7 on the board, we do the best we can. Sorry if you feel we are not doing our job correctly, but feel free to volunteer to do this job if you think you can do it better. We are not the thought police, and when we are made aware of situations, we address them. Having been a member of countless boards throughout the years, I've seen better and far worse boards than this one.

NASTYNATI you're a quality poster with what I consider are great takes overall. I think you're over reacting to both the events that occurred in this thread and to the board overall.

Just my $.02   

3 hours ago, NASTYNATI said:

2 hours ago, USN Bengal said:

NASTYNATI you're a quality poster with what I consider are great takes overall. I think you're over reacting to both the events that occurred in this thread and to the board overall.

Just my $.02   

Mr. Nati,

I agree with you about the board going downhill and some of the long time and best posters now gone.  I miss them and would like to see them all back (Most of them).  I think sometimes folks take things to seriously (ref what Sam Wyche said about Cleveland with golf and tennis) and don't care for it when it becomes a  barstool Bengal MENSA gathering of self proclaimed experts blowing pompous smoke out of their asses.  Pom pom waivers are annoying to me, too.  I'm just here to shot the shit and bitch about the Bengals and have some fun.  I try not to take anything too seriously.  A lot of the personal shots against me I consider funny especially when I consider the source.  Unless profanity is used against me or someone else along with the same guidelines on top of the page.  As far as flame wars, love 'em, funny as hell and that's why God invented popcorn :popcorn:  Trolls?  Don't feed the animals. Fuck 'em.

But I agree with what USN said about you being a quality poster.  Don't take stuff around here too seriously.  Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

3 hours ago, Big Alice said:

I didn't say Barnett can't play end for "someone". I said he doesn't fit what the Bengals look for. They like tall, long guys. The shortest end in the Bengals' rotation is 6'6.

That's not an accident or a coincidence. So, I doubt they're going to spend the 9th pick on the draft who doesn't fit the metrics they obviously have established and adhered to for so long.

Every team in the league has personnel tendencies. And most of those teams stick to them pretty religiously - especially at the top of the draft.

Wallace gilberry is 6'2 270. I think Geathers was similar. We do like the big guys though it seems.

5 hours ago, spicoli said:

not a very good o-line class this year I'm afraid so that pretty much rules one out for the Bengals early on, IMO....you could make an argument for Cam Robinson I guess but if he proves himself to be top-tier over the next few months he'll be gone before the Bengals ever get on the clock.....if he doesn't prove to be that top shelf guy though, there's really no point in the Bengals taking him at 9 and there's definitely no G's or C's that are gonna go that high.

so take out the o'lineman early and that pretty much makes this draft wide-open for the Bengals, and that includes the likes of Dalvin Cook, who could very well be best player available when we get on the clock, so I wouldn't necessarily rule that pick out just yet....especially if they re-sign Whit....can you imagine trying to gameplan for Green, Eifert, Boyd, LaFell (or Core), Cook and Dalton if you're a d-cord? Scary thought.

Not a very good class as far as high-end first round-worthy OT's go, but there seems to be decent enough depth when it comes to mid (3-5) round centers (where the majority of centers are found any way).

On 1/4/2017 at 8:08 AM, NASTYNATI said:

Matt Miller put out his first complete 7 round mock of the year. I wouldnt hate his draft at all especially the first two rounds, but in a perfect world id like the Bengals 2017 draft to look like this... what does your mock look like? 

1. Reuben Foster  LB  Alabama (Miller's pick)

1. Dalvin Cook RB  Florida St. (My pick)

2. Solomon Thomas DE  Stanford (Miller)

2. Budda Baker  S  Washington (My pick)

3. Pat Elflein  C  Ohio St. (Miller)

3. Isiah Ford  WR  Va. Tech (My Pick)

4a. Davon Godchaux DE  LSU (Miller)

4a. Charles Walker DE Oklahoma (My pick)

4b. Avery Gennessy OT  Tex A&M (Miller)

4b. Corn Elder  CB  Miami FL (My Pick) 

4c. DaMonte Kazee CB SDSU (Miller) 

4c. Taylor Moten OT W. Michigan (My pick) 

5. Taywan Taylor  WR  W. Kentucky (Miller)

5. Ben Boulware  LB  Clemson (My Pick)

6a. Xavier Woods  S  La. Tech (Miller) 

6a. Kyle Fuller  C  Baylor (My pick)

6b. Tanoh Kpassagnon DE Villanova (Miller)

6b. DeAngelo Brown DT Louisville (My pick)

6c. Caleb Peterson  G  North Carolina (Miller)

6c.Caleb Peterson G North Carolina (My pick)

7. DeAngelo Henderson RB Coastal Car. (Miller)

7. Josh Dobbs  QB  Tennessee (My pick) 

I don't know shit about 90% of these guys, but if there really is a player named "Corn Elder" we gotta have him.

Wallace gilberry is 6'2 270. I think Geathers was similar. We do like the big guys though it seems.

...and Gilberry is on the roster because he's stout enough to slide inside.

Like I said, I'm just talking in terms of what I think the team will do. You're allowed to disagree, but when each drafted ends on the team are at least 6'6, I think it's fair to say "the Bengals like tall DE's".

On 1/4/2017 at 5:21 PM, esjbh2 said:

I just spit milk out my nose...thanks!  +1.

Haha!  I hate when that happens.  

18 hours ago, snarkster said:

Jon Toth (6-5/310) out of Kentucky could be a value @ OC in the late 3rd to early 5th (may move up though).

I hear ya on that.  I work in Lexington so all I hear about is UK this UK that.  Mostly during college basketball

season though.  The guy has a lot of starts under his belt for sure.  I just think Elflein is probably the best Center

coming out although the kid from LSU gets a lot of attention as well.  The guy from LSU whose name I can't 

recall right now is 6' 7".  That's awful tall for a Center.  He may have some trouble with pad level in the NFL.  

On 1/4/2017 at 0:15 PM, NASTYNATI said:

Have you seen Dalvin Cook play? He is a comination of Jamaal Charles and Adrian Peterson. Id argue is is more versatile than Elliott because of what he can do in the passing game and he's faster. I get we have holes on the O-Line but they arent giving up on Ced and Fisher anytime soon and 9 is a really unlikely place to take a Tackle. I dont think there is a single G or C worthy of the 9 spot so I think you take Foster, a pass rusher or the best talent there. Id do backflips if we got Cook. 

Icing on the cake is the kid is smart, works hard, plays in a pro style system and is squeaky clean off the field. He instantly starts and makes an impact here. 

He's been arrested like 5 different times. Seems like a turd off the field which is one of the main reasons I wouldn't use a top 10 pick on him.  

Archived