Wild Card Thread

3 minutes ago, B.A.B. said:

Dunno why the fuck we let him go smh

I don't either other than the fact they felt they had to justify spending a 3rd round pick on Williams.  

Williams got a little over $20 million for 4 years.  Reggie got $8.5 million for 2 years.  Definitely would

have preferred they kept Reggie for that money.  I seriously doubt any team other the Bengals would

have given Williams $5 million a year. 

3 points:

1.What's the point of challenging when the booth can't get it right? They seem so hesitant to over-rule the refs this year.

2. I can't stand Will McDonagh. I think he sucks. I don't care that I probably butchered his name.

3. Don't play the JJ Watt drinking game. You will lose.

One more:

I don't care much who wins today, but since I've started watching, I find myself rooting against Houston. Probably because they shouldn't be there. Only because they have to have an AFCS team in it. And it seems like the announcers and the league seem to be rooting for them. Also, Bill O'Brien really annoys me.

Just now, Hooky said:

One more:

I don't care much who wins today, but since I've started watching, I find myself rooting against Houston. Probably because they shouldn't be there. Only because they have to have an AFCS team in it. And it seems like the announcers and the league seem to be rooting for them. Also, Bill O'Brien really annoys me.

#1 defense in the NFL. They earned it. It's not like there's another team with more wins sitting at home like some years.

2 hours ago, Randle P McMurphy said:

I don't either other than the fact they felt they had to justify spending a 3rd round pick on Williams.  

Williams got a little over $20 million for 4 years.  Reggie got $8.5 million for 2 years.  Definitely would

have preferred they kept Reggie for that money.  I seriously doubt any team other the Bengals would

have given Williams $5 million a year. 

I'll be very let down if this team passes on Malik hooker if he is available this spring.

12 minutes ago, turningpoint said:

I'll be very let down if this team passes on Malik hooker if he is available this spring.

I'm an OSU fan/homer myself but the Safety position isn't close on "needs" as far as the Bengals go.

LB'er and Center are far bigger "needs" along with some pass rush help than the Safety position.  

4 minutes ago, Randle P McMurphy said:

I'm an OSU fan/homer myself but the Safety position isn't close on "needs" as far as the Bengals go.

LB'er and Center are far bigger "needs" along with some pass rush help than the Safety position.  

The Bengals tend to go BPA over need.  Hooker is currently #3 in the CBSSports.com rankings, so if he's there at 9, odds are good he's BPA.

Just now, Jason said:

The Bengals tend to go BPA over need.  Hooker is currently #3 in the CBSSports.com rankings, so if he's there at 9, odds are good he's BPA.

I can agree with the BPA thing BUT................  George Illoka just signed a 5 year $30 million contract and Shawn Williams

a 4 year $20.185 million contract.  

6 minutes ago, Randle P McMurphy said:

I can agree with the BPA thing BUT................  George Illoka just signed a 5 year $30 million contract and Shawn Williams

a 4 year $20.185 million contract.  

And Hooker would be a much better player than SW.

But you are probably right, I don't see them taking a safety in the top 10.

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

And I know the Bengals tend to go BPA but look at the 2015 draft.  They knew both Whitworth and Smith were going to be

FA's.  One could argue they drafted based on "needs", maybe not immediate needs but needs nonetheless.  

Just now, Randle P McMurphy said:

And I know the Bengals tend to go BPA but look at the 2015 draft.  They knew both Whitworth and Smith were going to be

FA's.  One could argue they drafted based on "needs", maybe not immediate needs but needs nonetheless.  

No, I think they really had Ced and Fisher at the top of their board for both picks.  They thought Ced was a top 5 or 10 talent.

Just now, Jason said:

And Hooker would be a much better player than SW.

But you are probably right, I don't see them taking a safety in the top 10.

By FAR Hooker would be an upgrade over Shawn Williams.  We both know they're not going to cut Williams

1 year after a long term deal though.  Maybe if there wasn't $1.6 million in dead money by doing so. 

2 minutes ago, Randle P McMurphy said:

By FAR Hooker would be an upgrade over Shawn Williams.  We both know they're not going to cut Williams

1 year after a long term deal though.  Maybe if there wasn't $1.6 million in dead money by doing so. 

Who said anything about "cut"?  Nickel LB might be a good fit for him.

Archived