Wild Card Thread

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

I think my NFL watching is done until the Super Bowl.  I have better things to do then fall asleep in my chair watching utter garbage surrounded by 52 commercials.

I don't even watch the Super Bowl all that much.  My last NFL game is the last Bengals game.  Besides, the Super Bowl is just another and additional Patriots or Stealers or Packers game and I get enough of that during the regular season.  Maybe Dallas because they ARE Dallas and Cinderella Prescott.

On 1/8/2017 at 2:25 PM, T-Dub said:

This all sounds so familiar.  Shitsburgh player headhunts one of the opponents crucial players, gets away with it.  Other team gets pissed and tries to do the same thing, flags are thrown, they lose, media calls them dirty.

Send in the clowns.

The first play DeCastro was blocking down field on a pass play which is a penalty and Dupree clearly hits the QB in the head with his helmet, neither were called. The Stealers are a whiny bunch of bitches that get preferential treatment by the NFL.  

4 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

The first play DeCastro was blocking down field on a pass play which is a penalty and Dupree clearly hits the QB in the head with his helmet, neither were called. The Stealers are a whiny bunch of bitches that get preferential treatment by the NFL.  

"Preferential treatment" doesn't even cover it. Several teams get that. The NFL is letting Shitsburgh headhunt opposing players. 

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Post game pic of Bent showing his injured left ankle.

Not to worry, Squeeler fans, Bent will be up and raping again in no time.

f119c54debce57731741a1a483b1659b.jpg

He had it on just long enough to make him questionable for Sunday. So he can play and the analysts can say how tough he is to play through an "injury". As usual, it's win win for him. If they win, he's amazing for winning even though he's playing through "pain". If they lose, you could tell that he wasn't quite right, a healthy Jen would've been a different story.

My question: If he's so fucking tough, why does he get hurt so often?

3 hours ago, Hooky said:

He had it on just long enough to make him questionable for Sunday. So he can play and the analysts can say how tough he is to play through an "injury". As usual, it's win win for him. If they win, he's amazing for winning even though he's playing through "pain". If they lose, you could tell that he wasn't quite right, a healthy Jen would've been a different story.

So brave

:Hehehe-min:

4 hours ago, Hooky said:

He reminds me of my daughter, she super clumsy and was falling all over the place and she wants a band aid or ace wrap bandage but 10 minutes later she's right back to jumping around doing the samething that supposedly injured her in the first place. 

43 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

He reminds me of my daughter, she super clumsy and was falling all over the place and she wants a band aid or ace wrap bandage but 10 minutes later she's right back to jumping around doing the samething that supposedly injured her in the first place. 

Only without the fawning from ESPN et al., presumably

Watching a steeler post season victory is like watching your girlfriend fuck your worst enemy.  

In ways she won't fuck you.

All joking aside.  While they are actually going on Bengal games usually evoke the strongest emotional reactions I will experience in that week.  I laugh, love, and feel emotions all week long, but usually nothing has a stronger impact on me than what I feel during a game.  That may sound a little strange, but the key is not to let what happens in a game control you after it is over.  Feeling strong emotions is good for a person, but letting the results of a football game effect you for any extended period is a problem.

Plus I live a boring life.

Anyone else notice when the Pats went up 14-3 and Clowney blew his stack and reportedly *threw his helmet*?  And the announcers said "he's trying be a leader down there"?  And Nantz later even said it more explicitly "I don't think he was *frustrated* I think he was trying to lead".   FUCK YOU NANTZ.  Can you imagine if Burfict (or any Bengal for that matter) did anything remotely close to that?  "Thug", "lost his cool as usual", "it was only a matter of time", "Marvin Lewis better get a handle on things down there" blah blah... and the reality is Clowney was acting like a petulant child and should have been sat down by someone, but nope, let's heap praise on whiny first overall picks and prima donna scumbags all day long while their coaches look the other way.

This league is so terrible.  Another winning story line is how they are saying Le'Veon Bell somehow invented sitting back and waiting for a hole to open up.  WTF?  It's not like oh, I don't know, Emmitt Smith made a HOF career out of doing just that?  Jeezus H these morons will say anything to get people to watch.  At the same time, doesn't that (obviously) imply that the O-line has more to do with his success than any kind of special running ability (fyi I do think Bell is a good back, but c'mon).  What do I see in Le'Veon Bell highlights?  A good back behind a mediocre O-line that is allowed to HOLD LIKE A SON OF A BITCH UNTIL THE PLAY IS EITHER A TD OR A FIRST DOWN.

I really have to learn to watch games with the sound off...

Archived