If Marvin Lewis was coaching

27 minutes ago, whodey365 said:

If Marvin was in the same situation as the Packers yesterday, 45 seconds 2 timeouts in a tie game, he would've went into OT no doubt about it. 

No question.  And then Marvin would've somehow, someway directly caused the first playoff tie game in the history of the NFL* in which both teams would have to forfeit.  

One thing I noticed while watching the Falcons, was how aggressive they were on offense and defense. They treated every play like it was a chance to get 30+ or get into the end zone. Even when they started at their 2 yard line they came out firing 15+ yard passes. If Marv would have made that call it would have been three runs up the middle to improve our punting position. Watching the falcons this weekend just through more light onto how timid our offense is. It reminded me of KC last night where they they needed to string together 16 5 yard plays to have a shot to score. 

One thing I noticed while watching the Falcons, was how aggressive they were on offense and defense. They treated every play like it was a chance to get 30+ or get into the end zone. Even when they started at their 2 yard line they came out firing 15+ yard passes. If Marv would have made that call it would have been three runs up the middle to improve our punting position. Watching the falcons this weekend just through more light onto how timid our offense is. It reminded me of KC last night where they they needed to string together 16 5 yard plays to have a shot to score. 

Its sad because we have the fire power to do this and we dont do it. We could put teams away early and we dont do it because we get so conservative. End of half points are huge momentum and we never take advantage.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Sigfox09 said:

If Marv would have made that call it would have been three runs up the middle to improve our punting position.

Not true.  In the first Stealers game we had the ball on our own 3 yard line and took a shot deep down the field on first down.

Bengals only ran 24 plays from scrimmage from inside their own 10 yard line this year and we threw the ball on 9 of them.

Marvin is not as conservative as many people claim.

4 hours ago, Sigfox09 said:

If Marv would have made that call it would have been three runs up the middle to improve our punting position.

Not true.  In the first Stealers game we had the ball on our own 3 yard line and took a shot deep down the field on first down.

Bengals only ran 24 plays from scrimmage from inside their own 10 yard line this year and we threw the ball on 9 of them.

34 minutes ago, jhowdy54 said:

. We could put teams away early and we dont do it because we get so conservative.

I hear people make this claim all the time, but I never really see it happen.  Could you give me an example of when we could have put a team away early but didn't because we got too conservative?

End of half points are huge momentum and we never take advantage.

End of half turnovers in your own end of the field are also big momentum swings and we avoid them.

Sometimes Marvin seems a bit conservative at the end of a half, but I can never remember it costing us a game.

9 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

I don't know I guess its anecdotal, but I guess you'd like to see them once (over a number of years) really plaster a team that is at least average from beginning to end. Really lay the wood on a team from beginning to the end, where as a fan, you look back at the game and say, "whoah, they were dominant.". Kinda like what Dallas did to us this year. But then again, we weren't average, so I guess that example does not fit. 

26 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

Nonsense.  I have watched this team time and time again make ZERO attempt to score points with a minute left and time outs on the board at halftime.

I have watched this team waste mountains of time midway thru the fourth quarter down by 2 scores to include sleepwalking thru the final 8 minutes of the San Diego playoff game.  Marvin is horrific at understanding when time is of the essence.

14 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I have watched this team waste mountains of time midway thru the fourth quarter down by 2 scores to include sleepwalking thru the final 8 minutes of the San Diego playoff game.  

Bengals got the ball down by 10 with 8:13 left.  We ran 11 plays in 203 seconds.

Next time we got the ball 4:29 left.  We ran 7 plays in 76 seconds.

Can't call that "sleepwalking".

21 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Nonsense.  I have watched this team time and time again make ZERO attempt to score points with a minute left and time outs on the board at halftime.

There were 19 games this year where a team had the ball on its own end of the field with less than 2 minutes left in the half and turned it over.  You know how many of those teams ended up losing?  Fourteen.

2 hours ago, fredtoast said:

Bengals got the ball down by 10 with 8:13 left.  We ran 11 plays in 203 seconds.

Next time we got the ball 4:29 left.  We ran 7 plays in 76 seconds.

Can't call that "sleepwalking".

11 plays, 43 yards, 3 minutes 23 seconds.  They were WALKING to the line of scrimmage with the clock running down by 10 points.  Stop with your nonsense.

The next time they got the ball, they were still down by 10 and it was desperation time.

19 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

The one where we only called 2 running plays in the entire fourth quarter??

Yes I did watch it, but apparently you didn't.

Be honest with me.  Are you secretly employed by the Bengals for like 50 bucks a month to spew nonsense non stop n protect the Bengals every minute.  You have earned your money sir.  Well done?

5 minutes ago, SocalBengalEd said:

Be honest with me.  Are you secretly employed by the Bengals for like 50 bucks a month to spew nonsense non stop n protect the Bengals every minute.  You have earned your money sir.  Well done?

I did not say the Bengals were not completely outplayed in the 4th quarter against the Stealers.  So I don't know how you would say I was protecting them. 

I just pointed out that anyone who blamed that loss on being too conservative was ignorant of the truth.

44 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

I did not say the Bengals were not completely outplayed in the 4th quarter against the Stealers.  So I don't know how you would say I was protecting them. 

I just pointed out that anyone who blamed that loss on being too conservative was ignorant of the truth.

Uhh, we were down 15 to ZERO in the fourth quarter.  We managed to take the lead when we FINALLY decided to quit throwing 2 yard passes out of DESPERATION.  Our defense kept us in the game.  We took a knee down 6-0 at the half with 33 seconds still on the clock.

1 hour ago, fredtoast said:

Uhh, we were down 15 to ZERO in the fourth quarter.  We managed to take the lead when we FINALLY decided to quit throwing 2 yard passes out of DESPERATION.  Our defense kept us in the game.  We took a knee down 6-0 at the half with 33 seconds still on the clock.

Archived