If Marvin Lewis was coaching

3 hours ago, fredtoast said:

There were 19 games this year where a team had the ball on its own end of the field with less than 2 minutes left in the half and turned it over.  You know how many of those teams ended up losing?  Fourteen.

What about the other games that they didnt turn the ball over?  You seem to only give one side of every stat.  So when a team turns the ball over they stand a better chance of losing.  No shit.  I bet teams that are losing at halftime have a better chance of losing the game too. Totally trying to bullshit us with your half the picture stats.

IT WAS A PLAYOFF GAME. They haven't won a playoff game in 25 years yet you find a way to defend this garbage. Marvin isn't a winner.

Green Bay's coach certainly didn't tuck his dick in his ass at the end of regulation yesterday.  That is because they are winners.

14 hours ago, SF2 said:

You seem to only give one side of every stat.  So when a team turns the ball over they stand a better chance of losing.  No shit.  I bet teams that are losing at halftime have a better chance of losing the game too. Totally trying to bullshit us with your half the picture stats.

I am forced to address stats that support my position because that is the only way possible to give sme balance to this discussion.  I certainly don't see any of you mentioning that it is possible to have negative effects to runnning a hurry up offense at the end of the half.

I hear people talking all the time about how may games we have lost because we play too conservative, but when I ask them for examples they come up empty.  I can point directly to a loss to the Bucs in '10 where we had the ball and a 7 point lead with just 2 miuntes left and lost because we threw 2 interceptions instead of running the ball and punting.  How many games can you point to where we blew a lead because we were too conservative?

17 hours ago, fredtoast said:

I did not say the Bengals were not completely outplayed in the 4th quarter against the Stealers.  So I don't know how you would say I was protecting them. 

I just pointed out that anyone who blamed that loss on being too conservative was ignorant of the truth.

Man, you know that in the America we live in, truth isn't as important as a man's misinformed opinion, and telling them the truth only justifies and strengthens their opinions.

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Uhh, no were were losing 15-0 to the Stealers at the start of the 4th quarter.

We were talking about the last Steeler game this year.

SoCalSpecialEd was trying to claim that we lost that game because we were too conservative.  

Archived