The NFL* can exhale.....

It has to be happy with this final 4. The refs will be instructed this week to stand down and call the games straight up, except maybe a little extra protection for Brady from getting speared in the head and maimed.

Green Bay/ Dallas: This was a toss up, both have nationwide bandwagon fan bases so that outcome didn't really matter. Might have preferred Dallas in the SB with the Texas angle. 

Atlanta:  An up & coming city full of young professionals & millennials to tap into. So that's a win.

New England: Obvious win. Lot's of house wives getting themselves wet thinking about Tom Brady as their fat middle aged husbands try to insert their 2" penis. East coast & Female market tapped.

Inbreds: Obvious win. Nationwide bandwagon inbred fan base moving lots of merch. 

Congrats NFL*! 

ATL still doesn't swing the $$ meter for the league. Go around the country and you won't see Falcon gear worn much.

GB is more old school for the "traditionalists" who still remember Lombardi and Favre. Getting Rodgers on a lot of commercials has helped though. A big bandwagon franchise, though--especially with transplants from the upper Midwest. 

The Bastards will always have a monstrous bandwagon following, even though the vast, vast majority of them have never been to western PA. But the league doesn't care--they make them boatloads of cash.

NE has it all for the collection of loot. The Golden Calf. They even trump the Bastards. 

But you are correct: the NFL could not have a better Final Four for their avaricious purposes.

I'll be happy with whoever wins the SB so long as it isn't Shittsburgh.

With that said i agree with the OP, the NFL is just downright embarrassing and shameful with their preferences. Makes me wonder how much of a chance Cincy will ever have with these "favored" franchises in the picture...forever.

15 minutes ago, Griever said:

With that said i agree with the OP, the NFL is just downright embarrassing and shameful with their preferences. Makes me wonder how much of a chance Cincy will ever have with these "favored" franchises in the picture...forever.

There are no fixes.  If there were then the Giants would still be in it and the Bears would not suck every year.

Seattle is small market with no tradition.  Didn't stop them from breaking into the big time.  Same with Charlotte.

4 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

There are no fixes.  If there were then the Giants would still be in it.

Seattle is small market with no tradition.  Didn't stop them from breaking into the big time.  Same with Carolina.

Maybe not, still feels like our Bengals are at a natural disadvantage when compared to those teams though.

Not to rain on the conspiracy parade, but I saw a report that secondary market Super Bowl tickets dropped in price by 20% overnight.

Why? Dallas in unquestionably the biggest brand the league has in its portfolio. And they had a couple brutal calls that went against them.

The Chiefs have no beef. Eric Fisher held James Harrison. Period.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

25 minutes ago, Cat said:

As much as I want you to be wrong, you aren't.

Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 11.54.06 PM

It's not that there's any question that it could be called a hold. It's that the stealers don't get called for that. I guarantee that the stealers conversion would've stood if it was them with a hold like that in that scenario.

Just watch next Sunday how their line grabs, pulls, and leans. But it will be "great protection" according to the squawking heads.

But #teamslikethepatriots will also be holding, so it just depends on the dramatic/game-changing circumstance the league wishes to apply.

The problem with holding, as a penalty in today's game, isn't so much that it can be a bit subjective based on angle, it's simply that it seems impossible to call consistently. I don't know if it is that the game is faster and the guys are bigger or perhaps there aren't enough eyes on the field, or a combination, but something needs to be done to make it easier to get holding called correctly and when it needs to be called.

I chuckled everytime Collinsworth was ***AMAZED!!!*** by Bell's "patient" running style.  "He's the only one I've ever seen do that!!!!".  Well IMHO that's largely because the Stealers are the only team that gets away with the holds that allow those types of "patient" runs.  Its laughable how defenders can't get to Bell even though they are on the runner's side of their blocks.  Secret Formula: Wait for the bear hugs and overt holding to take full effect, then pick the biggest hole to run thru...not exactly rocket science.

GO NFC!!!

3 hours ago, Big Alice said:

The Chiefs have no beef. Eric Fisher held James Harrison. Period.

They could've called holding on 1/2 the plays run in that game.  It's usually the timing I find suspect.  They're human, they get caught up in the hype like anybody. The NFL right now is about creating a narrative & damage control.  I wonder what their plan is if Shitsburgh dislocates Brady's head? 

Goodell-as-McMahon.gif

there_will_be_blood_poster_2_by_miscella

On 1/16/2017 at 0:06 PM, Griever said:

Maybe not, still feels like our Bengals are at a natural disadvantage when compared to those teams though.

We are at a natural disadvantage against those teams....look at our coach and front office philosophy compared to theirs....

I was curious so I looked at Marvin's record since he became head coach against these Franchises (regular season)....

Team    Win    Loss

Pitt        8         20

GB         3         0

ATL       0         2

NE         1         6

After careful analysis I have come to the conclusion we need to play GB every week.

The officials are league employees and are assigned strategically. It's how we got John Parry for the playoff game last year after he'd bungled the regular season game. There's no doubt Goodell would prefer Green Bay to Atlanta for marketing reasons and Pittsburgh to New England for personal reasons. I suspect both home teams win but it won't be easy for them. 

2 hours ago, TheBeaverHunter said:

We are at a natural disadvantage against those teams....look at our coach and front office philosophy compared to theirs....

I was curious so I looked at Marvin's record since he became head coach against these Franchises (regular season)....

Team    Win    Loss

Pitt        8         20

GB         3         0

ATL       0         2

NE         1         6

After careful analysis I have come to the conclusion we need to play GB every week.

We just beat Atlanta in '14.

1 minute ago, VonBlade said:

For the league, yeah.

If you watch any amount of football, and I know you do, then you'll know that the NFL loves having the Pats/Stealers/Boys etc in the hunt for the Owl and will do anything to help them along.

What I know is that the day we win a Superbowl I will be bumping this thread to remind all of you how stupid you look.

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

What I know is that the day we win a Superbowl I will be bumping this thread to remind all of you how stupid you look.

That will be funny. Rubbing it in after the pats and inbreds have won another 5 or 6 Super Bowls, then we finally eke one out.

15 hours ago, Hooky said:

That will be funny. Rubbing it in after the pats and inbreds have won another 5 or 6 Super Bowls, then we finally eke one out.

Yeah that'll show us.  Like how those cute youtube videos of cops handing out ice cream cones proves there's no such thing as police brutality.  Sure, the Bengals finally won a Super Bow..   but did that end racism?

Funny-Sad-Face-Hillary-Clinton-Picture.j

Archived