Alex Erickson potential as a receiver

40 minutes ago, Jason said:

Points are more important.

Don't defensive and ST TD's count in terms of scoring offense? I'm not actually sure. Can someone answer that on here?

if it does count, I would say that yards is helpful in showing how consistently an offense can go up and down the field. If your D forces a lot of turnovers or if you have good returners, it's prob easier to score. Having said that, it's important to finish drives with TD's rather than FG's. 

18 minutes ago, Jpoore said:

Lafell had less than 350 yards before aj went down

LaFell and Green had 1351 yards in the 9 games they played together.  That is a pace for 2402 yards over the course of a season.  We would not get much more than that out of a Green/williams combe.  Maybe 2 or 3 hundred more yards max.  That is not going to get us anywhere close to being the best offense in the league.

hopefully one of...Dalvin Cook, Malik Hooker, Solomom Thomas, Jamal Adams or Reuben Foster....all players I'd take before Williams.

nothing against Williams, I'd have no problem there....I just think he gets pushed down the board past our slot a bit is all. 

LaFell and Green had 1351 yards in the 9 games they played together.  That is a pace for 2402 yards over the course of a season.  We would not get much more than that out of a Green/williams combe.  Maybe 2 or 3 hundred more yards max.  That is not going to get us anywhere close to being the best offense in the league.

Yes but green had almost 1000 of that bc he was the only option. With Williams I think we go more pass happy and have 2 1200-1500 yard receivers. Eifert and Boyd add in another 1500-2000 combined yards. Chad/to is bad example I think it's more harrisson/wayne.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

hopefully one of...Dalvin Cook, Malik Hooker, Solomom Thomas, Jamal Adams or Reuben Foster....all players I'd take before Williams.
nothing against Williams, I'd have no problem there....I just think he gets pushed down the board past our slot a bit is all. 

See I can't see cook personally bc I'm a big fan of mixon who imo is better than cook. I like Thomas but it seemed like he played dt the most and he would have to play end here. Not sure if that's his best fit. That's why I really love demarcus Walker who imo is better can play end as well as inside but more natural fit outside and we can get him in second. Again in second I see players like McMillan, beckwith, Davis all lb. I'm worried about Foster, lot if personal fouls/unnecessary roughness penalties.plus Foster isn't really a Mike. I see McMillan as out best fit. Safety if we take anyone would have to be hooker more upside. That said both our safety's our locked up till 2020 so I don't think we take one there. I think they give Williams one more year at least to learn the position. I think it's a moot point anyways because he'll probably be taken by Tennessee.

1 hour ago, Jpoore said:

With Williams I think we go more pass happy and have 2 1200-1500 yard receivers. Eifert and Boyd add in another 1500-2000 combined yards. Chad/to is bad example I think it's more harrisson/wayne.

In the entire history of the NFL there have never been two 1500 yard receivers on the same  team.  There have only been two 1400 yard teammates 3 times.

The Bengals are not just going to become a pass crazy team that chucks it down the field on every play.  And you can't just keep adding more passing yards by adding more great WRs.  If we added another elite WR next year do you think it would be possible for us to have three WRs with 1200 to 1500 yards each?  If we added another the next year would we have 4 WRs with 1200 to 1500 yards?

It just doesn't work like that.

Exactly.  If we had another option than Greens yardage would go down.

He obviously wouldnt be the 1800 yard receivers that he would have been this past year but he would still be a 1000 plus yard receiver. To have 2 big deep threat receivers in Williams and green a chain mover in Boyd and a elite tight end in eifert.

In the entire history of the NFL there have never been two 1500 yard receivers on the same  team.  There have only been two 1400 yard teammates 3 times.
The Bengals are not just going to become a pass crazy team that chucks it down the field on every play.  And you can't just keep adding more passing yards by adding more great WRs.  If we added another elite WR next year do you think it would be possible for us to have three WRs with 1200 to 1500 yards each?  If we added another the next year would we have 4 WRs with 1200 to 1500 yards?
It just doesn't work like that.

Obviously u can't have 3 with 1200 plus yards there's not enough time and too many options. But it is entirely plausible to have 2 not to mention a lot of the top we duos were before the "passing league mantra". Hell just take a look back at the last couple years. 2015 Marshall and decker combined for 2,529 yards, 189 receptions, and 26 tds with a 1,000 yard rusher. That was with Fitzpatrick. Dalton could make Williams green more like 2800 yards.
welker and moss combined for 31 tds in 2007 and combined for 7,453 yards over a 3 year span. In 97 and 98 Smith and mccafferey in 2 years totaled 4,045 yards and 36 tds. That was before we threw it all the time like it is now.
Harrissonn and Wayne in 12 years was 22,709yards. Imagine them in this day and age. Carter moss 2,324 yards. My point to all this is Andy averages 32 throws a game for 240 yards per game for 3,702 yards a year in his career. If we draft Williams I can see that number going up to 40 attempts per game for 310 yards per game for 4960 yards per year. That is my point. Instant 5,000 yard passer for 8 more passing attempts per game. And that is a low estimate. And when williams rookie deal is over just slide Williams over to the 1 put green in the slot for a couple years till he retires. There is a limit to what u can do. But the jets are the best example. A 1,000 yard rusher a 300 yard rusher and 2 1,000 yard receivers. We can beat that easily with Dalton at the helm. The only reason they didn't dominate is because they had Fitzpatrick at qb.

13 hours ago, Madieu Superstar said:

Are you dense?

Or are you just a company hack whose job it is to post here?

PA is the best in the league at coaching pass protection? You're kidding, right? Try watching Dante Scarnecchia's line give Brady a pocket. Try watching Munchak's line give Roethlisberger all the time in the world, you fucking hack. Go look at the time Rodgers has in the pocket before he has to throw the ball, you fucking shill. By the way, other than Boling, show me a time that the greatest pass protection coach in the NFL has had the ability to develop an OL prospect who wasn't a high draft pick?

Braham was a long time ago, you fucking stepford wife. Right now I'm watching two teams with great offensive lines coached by great offensive line coaches. 4 out of the ten starting linemen were drafted in the first 2 rounds. The great Paul Alexander has 3 on his shit offensive line right now!

13 hours ago, fredtoast said:

Over the last 4 years the Bengals have allowed fewer sacks than any of the four teams left in the playoffs

Cin.....125

NE.....128

Pitt....130

Atl.....144

GB.....157

Can you compare the time that those Qbs have to throw? Sacks isn't really a great stat in this situation. Is it a factor, sure, but if Dalton wings it out of bounds in a second because he is about to take a sack that isn't really helpful for the offense either. Anybody paying any attention this year could tell you the pass blocking was terrible. 

2 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

Can you compare the time that those Qbs have to throw? Sacks isn't really a great stat in this situation. Is it a factor, sure, but if Dalton wings it out of bounds in a second because he is about to take a sack that isn't really helpful for the offense either. Anybody paying any attention this year could tell you the pass blocking was terrible. 

Yes, we all agree that the pass protection was poor this year.  But you can't blame it on Alexander when he has a long history of being a good pass protection coach.

As for time to throw, tom Brady is one of the few QBs who had a quicker release time than dalton.  BUt that stat is not that closely tied to pass protection.  A QBs released time is determined more by the offensive scheme than the time of protection.  A quick release can reduce sacks, but if the pass protection is poor the team will still allow a lot of "QB hurries" and "QB hits".  Until this year Dalton was not only among the least sacked QBs, he was also among the least hurried and hit.  It wasn't like he was avoiding sacks by getting rid of the ball just a split second before he was hit.

15 hours ago, Jpoore said:

Williams would be number 2 eifert would be 3

so he's just gonna step right in and overtake one of the premier weapons in the NFL? just like that?

what's funny is that I'm not 100% convnced that Willams will even be the first WR taken.....the more this process plays out and the more teams get to know Corey Davis, the more they're going to start to fall in love with him, the kid is a beast just like Williams is, and he's faster....It'll be extremely close when it's all said and done as to who gets picked first between the two, IMO.

Archived