Alex Erickson potential as a receiver

I don't think he is the next AJ. He doesn't get near the separation AJ does. Great jump ball receiver, not quite as dynamic. I also doubt the Bengals are planning for 6 years from now. 
I like Williams, just don't believe we use a top 10 pick on a #2 receiver.

He gets late separation which is great. And he compares favorably to Keenan Allen. To have the most high powered offense in the NFL for the next 5-6 years and not have to rely on our defense?

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

he's not...not even close actually. 
and don't get me wrong, I do think Williams is a very good WR....I just don't think he's a top 10 pick.

Williams would be a number 1 on. 27 out of 32 NFL teams. He has better speed than aj, compares to Keenan allen. Gets better Kate separation than aj coming out, and would be the heir apparent not to mention giving us the best offense in the nfl.that would be 2 recievers you would have to double.

2 minutes ago, spicoli said:

he's not...not even close actually. 

and don't get me wrong, I do think Williams is a very good WR....I just don't think he's a top 10 pick.

In this draft he is.  That said, while I wouldn't be upset with the pick, I agree with the thinking of not using a top 10 pick on a #2 WR.  Especially when WR isn't your #1 need.

Williams would be a number 1 on. 27 out of 32 NFL teams. He has better speed than aj, compares to Keenan allen. Gets better Kate separation than aj coming out, and would be the heir apparent not to mention giving us the best offense in the nfl.that would be 2 recievers you would have to double.

Okay then

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

48 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

Over the last 4 years the Bengals have allowed fewer sacks than any of the four teams left in the playoffs

Cin.....125

NE.....128

Pitt....130

Atl.....144

GB.....157

Who gets rid of the ball quicker, Dalton or Brady and Roethlisberger? 

Most of the time, it seemed as if our offense was predicated on not giving the chance for our O-line to give up sacks. That's a good strategy but I'd rather just have a better line. More opportunities for success when your QB can hold the ball in the pocket longer. 

36 minutes ago, spicoli said:

good lord, why so shitty? 

I'm not the type who likes to attack people on here all the time. I hated the last line of his post that I responded to, simple as that. He thinks he knows more than everyone else because he defends the Bengals. He said PA was the best pass protection coach in the league. That's a laughable statement and it contradicts his notion that he knows better. 

6 minutes ago, Jpoore said:

Except he wouldn't be a 2 we would have 2 number 1s and 2 1,000 yard receivers.

That's just not how the NFL works. In Madden yes. In the NFL, games are won and lost in the trenches.

I agree we do need another receiver. In the 3rd or 4th round. Green is a top 3 receiver in the NFL who is locked up long term. Boyd is a 2nd round pick going into his 2nd season. Our third receiver is usually Eifert when he plays. Core showed a lot of promise. LaFell will most likely be re-signed. It doesn't make sense to spend a top 10 pick on another one. It's not a top need.

That's just not how the NFL works. In Madden yes. In the NFL, games are won and lost in the trenches.
I agree we do need another receiver. In the 3rd or 4th round. Green is a top 3 receiver in the NFL who is locked up long term. Boyd is a 2nd round pick going into his 2nd season. Our third receiver is usually Eifert when he plays. Core showed a lot of promise. LaFell will most likely be re-signed. It doesn't make sense to spend a top 10 pick on another one. It's not a top need.

I do not understand this. Lafell was a horrible number 2. Core looked absolutely lostwhen running routes on the field. Remember when the lions lines and defense looked lost but Stafford could just throw it up to megaton before he got hit? Now imagine having 2 of those kind of players opposite each other.

1 minute ago, Jpoore said:

I do not understand this. Lafell was a horrible number 2. Core looked absolutely lostwhen running routes on the field. Remember when the lions lines and defense looked lost but Stafford could just throw it up to megaton before he got hit? Now imagine having 2 of those kind of players opposite each other.

I thought LaFell was a solid #2. Wiliams would be an upgrade for sure. At the expense of a first round pick.

Core was a rookie. He is raw no doubt but has the tools to be a good one. He showed flashes of what he could be with some seasoning.

There's just not enough balls to go around to justify drafting a receiver in the first.

I know you imagine the offense being like Green Bay's. 99% of teams can't run this. I can think of 2: Patriots and Green Bay. Both have all time greats at QB. That's not Andy. 

6 minutes ago, Jpoore said:

Except he wouldn't be a 2 we would have 2 number 1s and 2 1,000 yard receivers.

Still does not transform the entire offense.  If we bring in another #1 level WR then Green's production will go down.

If a team goes out on free agency and signs 3 RBs that can each run for 1000 yards that does not mean they will rush for 3000 yards as a team.

I thought LaFell was a solid #2. Wiliams would be an upgrade for sure. At the expense of a first round pick.
Core was a rookie. He is raw no doubt but has the tools to be a good one. He showed flashes of what he could be with some seasoning.
There's just not enough balls to go around to justify drafting a receiver in the first.
I know you imagine the offense being like Green Bay's. 99% of teams can't run this. I can think of 2: Patriots and Green Bay. Both have all time greats at QB. That's not Andy. 

I liken the offense with Williams to a to and Chad but when they were in their prime. Andy would be a 5,000 yard passer. It Broncos offense couple years ago. And we can still get our needs. A DE in second like Walker. Lafell had less than 350 yards before aj went down including 3 games where he had a combined 28 yards.

Still does not transform the entire offense.  If we bring in another #1 level WR then Green's production will go down.

If a team goes out on free agency and signs 3 RBs that can each run for 1000 yards that does not mean they will rush for 3000 yards as a team.

Those are 2 different Position. I likein it to Chad and to on the same team but in their prime. Andy becomes a 5,000 yard passer. Or the broncos when manning lit the world on fire.

17 minutes ago, Jpoore said:

Lafell was just fine as a number two for this team, that being said, Williams would be an upgrade......that does not mean he's worth the #9 overall pick in the draft however.

Lafell was just fine as a number two for this team, that being said, Williams would be an upgrade......that does not mean he's worth the #9 overall pick in the draft however.

Lafell had 350 yards as a number 2. That is horrible. And our number 2 can't have 3 games for a combined 28 yards. Mike Williams is a number 1 he's worth the number 5 pick he probably won't be there when we draft but if he is they should sprint to that podium.

Lafell had 350 yards as a number 2. That is horrible. And our number 2 can't have 3 games for a combined 28 yards. Mike Williams is a number 1 he's worth the number 5 pick he probably won't be there when we draft but if he is they should sprint to that podium.

Yep, we'll see

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

Archived