Championship Games Thread

FB_IMG_1485137707163.jpg

Once, every 3 or 4 years, it becomes necessary to do something distasteful.  Something that is necessary for the greater good, but something that makes you feel dirty because it runs against nearly everything that is good and wholesome and right.

Like FDR allying himself with Stalin, you do it because the enemy of your enemy is your friend.  You do it not because you want to, but because you must defeat a greater evil.

Today, for 3 hours, I was a Patriots fan.  But the battle is over, the war has seemingly been won, and the friend-of-convenience goes back to being who they always were ... The Enemy.

Go Falcons.  Crush New England!

Now it's time to realize that Tom is going to skullfuck MattyIce and Roger Goodell when he's getting his super bowl MVP. Not sure I like that, but I hate Goodell enough that it might be enjoyable.

Hate for Goodell>Hate for Boston sports.

1 minute ago, AmishBengalFan said:

FB_IMG_1485137707163.jpg

Once, every 3 or 4 years, it becomes necessary to do something distasteful.  Something that is necessary for the greater good, but something that makes you feel dirty because it runs against nearly everything that is good and wholesome and right.

Like FDR allying himself with Stalin, you do it because the enemy of your enemy is your friend.  You do it not because you want to, but because you must defeat a greater evil.

Go Patriots!

He may have starved a few million Ukranians but AFAIK he never cheated at sports

4 minutes ago, JC said:

Now it's time to realize that Tom is going to skullfuck MattyIce and Roger Goodell when he's getting his super bowl MVP. Not sure I like that, but I hate Goodell enough that it might be enjoyable.

Hate for Goodell>Hate for Boston sports.

Roger is still going to make his bosses so damn much money with Tommy...he doesn't even need to get into the skull fuckery. 

ATL will be this year's version of the Milwaukee Bucks...just a bunch of other jerseys to try and get into The Great One's way.

FB_IMG_1485137707163.jpg

Today, for 3 hours, I was a Patriots fan.  But the battle is over, the war has seemingly been won, and the friend-of-convenience goes back to being who they always were ... The Enemy.

Go Falcons.  Crush New England!

This

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Roger is still going to make his bosses so damn much money with Tommy...he doesn't even need to get into the skull fuckery. 

ATL will be this year's version of the Milwaukee Bucks...just a bunch of other jerseys to try and get into The Great One's way.

What the census folks call "Greater Atlanta" is on pace for 7.5MM potential Falcons fans soon & they've been kind of awful until recently.  OTOH Matt Ryan isn't going to move many Ugg boots and they prob want to send Tahm out on top.  I'm assuming he may retire if they win.

28 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

No way in hell Brady retires.  He is still on top of his game and can win a few more championships.  Why would he even consider it?

Because he'll be 40 when the season starts & at 5 SB wins, 3 or 4 as MVP, why not go out on top while he can still walk and remember his own name? 

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Now Simms is pulling out the "courageous, never give up" schlock. At the same time he is making excuses for why they are getting pounded.

Bell gave up. He's not hurt. He just couldn't do shit, so fake an injury.

11 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Because he'll be 40 when the season starts & at 5 SB wins, 3 or 4 as MVP, why not go out on top while he can still walk and remember his own name? 

Because he is not getting beaten up and there is nothing on earth that can replace the feeling of competing on a football field with 60 thousand people screaming your name.  No one works at anything as hard as Brady works at football unless it is the biggest passion in his life, and there is nothing in retirement that can replace it.  If he ever suffers a serious injury it may change his mind, but he has been very healthy so far.  Look at Peyton Manning.  He would not even call itb quits after he broke his neck and had three surgeries on it in two years.

But with all this being said I really can not look into Brady's mind.  I just can't imagin any reason he would consider retiring.

Archived