Hill's scouting report coming out is exactly our gripes now. 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/jeremy-hill?id=2543603

STRENGTHS

Outstanding size. Good initial quickness -- gets rolling downhill in a hurry. Quick feet for a bigger back. Slashes through holes. Spins off tackles and picks up yards after contact. Shows good hands in limited exposure -- effective short receiver. Productive in a pro-style power offense -- averaged nearly 7 yards per carry as a sophomore.

WEAKNESSES

Average vision and balance. Shows some hip tightness and does not string moves together. Can do a better job running behind his pads between the tackles -- enters the hole upright, negating his ability to move the pile. Gears down to cut laterally and slide to another hole. Average second-level burst. Lacks elite top-end speed to pull away from the pack and can be tracked down before reaching the edge. Was not used extensively as a receiver and did not run a variety of routes. Was contained by Alabama. Has a 29-inch vertical jump. Character, maturity and stability must be investigated thoroughly.

2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

He does have good hands, I would like to see the Bengals use Rex(if he is re-signed) as a lead back and use Hill as a 3rd down/goal line/short yardage back. 

Agreed, but i think use them both eveny and whoever is working better that day gets to carry the load in the 2nd half...

So I assume trade/cut Gio? Because it is my hope that they do.

17 hours ago, turningpoint said:

Agreed, but i think use them both eveny and whoever is working better that day gets to carry the load in the 2nd half...

So I assume trade/cut Gio? Because it is my hope that they do.

I don't think they need to do that, but wouldn't be surprised if he started the season on the PUP list. His salary isn't so big that the Bengals need to cut him and hopefully he can come back better than ever. It all comes down to how they deal with Rex, if they re-sign him then Gio should go on the PUP if not he may see the field sooner than later. 

Archived