Thoughts on 9th pick

WalterFootball - #2 Barnett, #9 Walker

Mike Mayock - #3 Barnett, Walker not listed in top 5

NFL.com - #3 Barnett, #7 Walker

Kiper - #5 Barnett, #10 Walker

SI.com - #4 Barnett, #7 Walker

PFF - #2 Barnett (#3 overall prospect in the entire draft), Walker not listed in the top 7

Rivals.com - #3 Barnett, Walker not listed in top 5

Draftcountdown.com - #3 Barnett, #10 Walker

2014- 20.5 tackles for loss , 10 sacks
2015- 13 tackles for loss , 10 sacks
2016- 19 tackles for loss , 13 sacks.        Barnette looks like a consistent beast to me.    
I look at stats last 2 years bc those are really the ones that count. Don't know if walker didn't really play a lot or what.
Walker
2015 14 tackles for loss 9 sacks 3 forced fumbles
2016 19 tackles for loss 16 sacks 3 forced fumbles
This is my point numbers are basically identical. Since that's the case seems to me Walker at 41 makes a lot more sense.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

because Barnett is the better athlete of the two...which equates to more upside.

you act like it's just the guys on this board that have them ranked where they are but the reality is, pretty much any reputable site you go to right now has them ranked exactly the same way.

I don't even see Walker as a 2nd round pick in all honesty, I think he's more like mid-3rd when it's all said and done....just my opinion. 

because Barnett is the better athlete of the two...which equates to more upside.
you act like it's just the guys on this board that have them ranked where they are but the reality is, pretty much any reputable site you go to right now has them ranked exactly the same way.
I don't even see Walker as a 2nd round pick in all honesty, I think he's more like mid-3rd when it's all said and done....just my opinion. 

Yeah I realize that all board have him ranked low that's my point. But he had better stats than any top defensive end in college last 2 years. Including Garrett and Allen. Have u eat he'd the tape or at least highlights of Walker? Don't see how u could watch tape/hifhlight and see a 3rd round pick. Also here's those that's for comparison.

Jonathon Allen 
2015: 36 tackles 14.5 tackles for loss 12 sacks 2 forced fumbles.
2016: 69 tackles 16 tackles for loss 10.5 sacks 0 forced fumbles.
Myles Garrett 
2015: 59 tackles 19.5 tackles for loss 11.5 sacks 1 int 5 forced fumbles.
2016: 33 tackles 15 tackles for loss 8.5 sacks 2 forced fumbles
Derek barnett
2015: 69 tackles 12.5 tackles for loss 10 sacks 1 forced fumble
2016: 56 tackles 19 tackles for loss 13 sacks 1 int 2 forced fumbles.
Taco charlon
2015: 30 tackles 8.5 tackles for loss 5.5 sacks 1 forced fumble.
2016: 40 tackles 13.5 tackles for loss 10 sacks 0 forced fumbles.
Charles Harris
2015: 56 tackles 18.5 tackles for loss 7 sacks 2 forced fumbles.
2016: 61 tackles 12 tackles for loss 9 sacks 2 forced fumbles.
Takkarist mckinley
2015: 35 tackles 7.5 tackles for loss 3.5 sacks 2 forced fumbles.
2016: 61 tackles 18 tackles for loss 10 sacks 3 forced fumbles 
Solomon thomas
2015: 37 tackles 10.5 tackles for loss 3.5 sacks 0 forced fumbles.
2016: 61 tackles 14 tackles for loss 8.5 sacks 1 forced fumble.
Demarcus walker
2015: 56 tackles 14 tackles for loss 9 sacks 1 int 3 forced fumbles. 
2016: 67 tackles 19.5 tackles for loss 16 sacks 3 forced fumbles. 

11 hours ago, Jpoore said:

I have man. Their stats the last 2 Yeats are almost identical. So why is Barnett at 9 so much better than Walker at 41?

Because Barnett has 3 years of high production in the best conference in the country and he broke the one of the greatest defensive lineman in the history of the NFL college records. Walker is a good player that is known to take plays off and give inconsistent effort, but he is very talented and I would love for the Bengals to draft him. 

Because Barnett has 3 years of high production in the best conference in the country and he broke the one of the greatest defensive lineman in the history of the NFL college records. Walker is a good player that is known to take plays off and give inconsistent effort, but he is very talented and I would love for the Bengals to draft him. 

See why is that a knock on him though?his inconsistent motor is because he plays every snap and is gassed.he Came out on average of 2 snaps per game.In the louisville game where the game was over after the first quarter he didn't come out of these game until the last drive. I respect that.

1 hour ago, Jpoore said:

See why is that a knock on him though?his inconsistent motor is because he plays every snap and is gassed.he Came out on average of 2 snaps per game.In the louisville game where the game was over after the first quarter he didn't come out of these game until the last drive. I respect that.

the score was 10-14 in 2nd quarter, how is a 4pt margin insurmountable? Its a knock on him because that is what the film shows, tape dont lie.

Yeah but u have to take into account the amount of snaps. If u plays 80-90 snaps at 280 pounds ur gonna take some plays off. U don't thing Geno would take some plays off if he played every single defensive snap? I'm just saying you have to take that into account when watching tape. I've watched every game from 2016 and starting in 2015 and the plays where he isn't gassed he demonstrates a quick first step and extremely strong hands above average bend. He makes his money on his repertoire of moves though especially his spin move. I have him as the 4th best defensive end I do have Barnett ahead of him. But the marginal difference between Barnett and Walker is not worth 32 pick difference. Would rather get the best safety or the best corner or the best player at their position than the 3rd or 4th best defensive end at 9.

4 minutes ago, Jpoore said:

Yeah but u have to take into account the amount of snaps. If u plays 80-90 snaps at 280 pounds ur gonna take some plays off. U don't thing Geno would take some plays off if he played every single defensive snap? I'm just saying you have to take that into account when watching tape. I've watched every game from 2016 and starting in 2015 and the plays where he isn't gassed he demonstrates a quick first step and extremely strong hands above average bend. He makes his money on his repertoire of moves though especially his spin move. I have him as the 4th best defensive end I do have Barnett ahead of him. But the marginal difference between Barnett and Walker is not worth 32 pick difference. Would rather get the best safety or the best corner or the best player at their position than the 3rd or 4th best defensive end at 9.

But the Bengals don't need a young safety or cb, they help getting a pass rush and that's is why it makes sense to go with the best available option at #9, imo. I'm all for Walker, he's a beast on the field, good locker room guy(team captain), and I think he's going to have a good pro career. 

But the Bengals don't need a young safety or cb, they help getting a pass rush and that's is why it makes sense to go with the best available option at #9, imo. I'm all for Walker, he's a beast on the field, good locker room guy(team captain), and I think he's going to have a good pro career. 

Me personally I wouldn't mind going end twice in the top 3 or 4 rounds Dunlap is getting up there in age as well.some variation of Barnett, Walker, kpassagnon, price. I honestly am willing to give Williams another year as he was learning a new position but I would not be dissapointed in the least if we went with hooker. The only way I would be okay with corner back is if we went with Marshawn lattimore. He reminds me so much of a champ Bailey or Darrell revis.

Archived