Ranking tiers

I posted this in another thread but a few years ago I read an article about teams not ranking players 1-256. They rank players in tiers and draft accordingly.

Thought I'd give the tier ranking a shot for the first round.

Tier 1

DE Myles Garrett, Texas A&M

DT Jonathan Allen, Alabama

DE/DT Solomon Thomas, Stanford

Tier 2

S Malik Hooker, OSU

S Jamal Adams, Clemson

RB Dalvin Cook, FSU

RB Leonard Fournette, LSU

Tier 3

LB Reuben Foster, Alabama

CB Marshon Lattimore, OSU

WR Mike Williams, Clemson

TE O.J. Howard, Alabama

Tier 4

QB Mitch Trubisky, North Carolina

QB Deshaun Watson, Clemson

DE Derek Barnett, Tennessee

CB Teez Tabor, Florida

WR Corey Davis, Western Michigan

OT Cam Robinson, Alabama

Tier 5

S Jabrill Peppers, Michigan

OLB Zach Cunningham, Vanderbilt

OLB Takkarist McKinley, UCLA

OLB Hasaan Redick, Temple

OT Ryan Ramczyk, Wisconsin

WR John Ross, Washington

DE Taco Charlton, Michigan

Tier 6

QB Deshone Kizer, Notre Dame

CB Marlon Humphrey, Alabama

CB Sidney Jones, Washington

RB Christian McCaffrey, Stanford

DT Malik McDowell, Michigan State

OLB Tim Williams, Alabama

Tier 7

OG Dan Feeney, Indiana

OG Forrest Lamp, Western Michigan

CB Tredavious White, LSU

TE David Njoku, Miami FL

DE Tanoh Kpassgnon, Villanova

DE Charles Harris, Missouri

LB Jarrad Davis, Florida

Hooker and Adams would absolutely be considered tier one prospects regardless of position.

I do agree with the tier system however and the way teams set up their boards....I like using the college recruiting system and assign them 5 star, 4 star etc.

this year my five star guys would be- Allen, Garrett, Hooker and Adams....I  definitely think Takkarist McKinley has a chance to get himself up there as well as the process plays out, kid is a freaking animal off the edge. 

Thomas would probably be a 4 star for me due to his lack of prototypical size....that sure doesn't mean I wouldn't take him however.

18 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Hooker and Adams would absolutely be considered tier one prospects regardless of position.

I do agree with the tier system however and the way teams set up their boards....I like using the college recruiting system and assign them 5 star, 4 star etc.

this year my five star guys would be- Allen, Garrett, Hooker and Adams....I  definitely think Takkarist McKinley has a chance to get himself up there as well as the process plays out, kid is a freaking animal off the edge. 

Thomas would probably be a 4 star for me due to his lack of prototypical size....that sure doesn't mean I wouldn't take him however.

I debated Adams and Hooker. Ultimately decided Hooker wasn't experienced enough. I have Hooker a notch higher than Adams. Both are great players.

7 hours ago, akiliMVP said:

I debated Adams and Hooker. Ultimately decided Hooker wasn't experienced enough. I have Hooker a notch higher than Adams. Both are great players.

yeah it's definitely close....not sure they'd be "5 star" in every draft, but in this one I think they are due to a lack of overall elite talent at the top. 

Archived