group mock

spicoli

Have to go Foster even though I really like what Vigil showed in the Ravens game. Squashes my dream of TJ Watt as well. Foster and Burfict form one of the nastiest linebacking duo's in the league. Think the second round is setting up to be a guard/tackle player anyways so its tough to go back-to-back offense. 

15 hours ago, spicoli said:

If they can't get one of Foster, Adams or Hooker, I'm probably gonna lean a little more towards them taking offense in all honesty.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

Adams and Hooker would both be upgrades, but upgrades at positions that, 1) they just invested in with contracts to Illoka and Williams.  2) While it

would be an upgrade, it's not a "dire" need such as a 3 down LB'er or a pass rusher.  Hooker, as talented as he is, (And I'm an Ohio State homer), only started 1

year and just had surgery on a torn Labrum and his Groin.  Supposedly out until training camp so probably not that big of a deal but the 1 year as a starter kind

of concerns me just a touch.  If they do go offense, I'd rather see them trade back a few spots, pick up another draft pick and take the best available OT rather 

than take a WR that'll more than likely be the 3rd option in the passing game with Green and Eifert both on the field.  They have to do something with to improve

the OL or it doesn't matter who you have to throw too.  lol  If they could trade back a few spots, pick up another 3rd, get a 2nd for McCarron, they could possibly

package that extra 2nd and 3rd for another 1st.  End up having 2 first round picks, and still have another 2nd, 3rd and their three 4th rounders. :)  lol 

14 hours ago, Jpoore said:

I'm going with a player who has the best chance to start day one so my vote is Mike Williams... secondary vote is demarcus Walker... Think he shreds the combine and won't be there in the second.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

#9 overall is too high for Walker, in my opinion.  

1 hour ago, Randle P McMurphy said:

So how many votes for a particular player are we going to require for the Bengals draft pick?  5, 10 ?  

Right now it's:

Foster 4

Thomas 1

Williams 1 

nope that's it, there's only a handful of us doing this.

So Foster to the Bengals with the #9 pick.

Bill are now on the clock...

2 hours ago, Randle P McMurphy said:

Adams and Hooker would both be upgrades, but upgrades at positions that, 1) they just invested in with contracts to Illoka and Williams....

I don't really think that would make of a difference with either of these guys just because they're both so dynamic and both have the ability to play any position in the secondary at any given time....Bengals and Guenther have always preached versatility and you can't get much more versatile than either one of those guys.

2 hours ago, akiliMVP said:

I don't know why we would draft a safety to play corner at 9. Neither would be good corners. It's a completely different position. If we re-sign Kirk neither is a need at all.

two TE's running routes, 5 WR sets, RB's that are WR's, WR's throwing passes....you can NEVER have enough solid cover guys in todays NFL. 

plus, Williams has no business being in there on all 3 downs...either one of these guys could rotate with him and also rotate with anyone else in the secondary as well, that opens up a helluva lot of blitzing options/opportunities for the d'cord. 

end of the day, both guys are difference makers and that's why they'll both likely be off the board before we ever get on the clock..

I wouldn't take him over Thomas or Barnett though. 

I do not think Barnett is gonna be a good end and Thomas did almost his entire damage from dt spot. We're not gonna draft another dt. That's why I had Walker bc he has the best shot to start over Johnson. He's a senior and has played all over and has a lot of experience. But in all reality if we're taking a end of kpassagnon

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

Archived