4 hours ago, Jpoore said:

I agree completely. I hated lafell when we got him and he did nothing to prove me wrong. He had 4 games with a combined, COMBINED 32 yards. That's garbage. He also had something in the range of 360 yards in first 10 games. 
Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

LaFell doesn't block like Sanu does, I'd say that's the biggest difference between the two.

Sanu can't hit the home run like Lafell can either though.

production wise, it's pretty much a wash.  

Belichick is GOAT.

Brady is GOAT.

It's not even worth arguing with people who disagree at this point. It's not fair that they ended up in the same organization.

As far as Sanu goes. Meh. He was a good #5 receiving option on the team, but you don't match what the Falcons paid unless you plan on revolving more of your offense around the guy. I think Atlanta overpaid for what they're getting out of him, and I highly doubt we'd have used him any more than they did.

Belichick is GOAT.
Brady is GOAT.
It's not even worth arguing with people who disagree at this point. It's not fair that they ended up in the same organization.
As far as Sanu goes. Meh. He was a good #5 receiving option on the team, but you don't match what the Falcons paid unless you plan on revolving more of your offense around the guy. I think Atlanta overpaid for what they're getting out of him, and I highly doubt we'd have used him any more than they did.

Let's not get crazy bellechick is goat Brady is top 5 but he's not goat

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

th-8.jpeg

Goat is goat.

And I missed the last memo.  Is "goat" the new "sick"?

Acronym for greatest of all time. It's been widely used around the sports world for decades. Lately, I've honestly been shocked at the number of people who have never heard it used before.

8 hours ago, Jpoore said:

Let's not get crazy bellechick is goat Brady is top 5 but he's not goat

If you're one of those people who say you can't compare players from different eras to each other, then you can't say Montana or anyone else is the solidified GOAT either.

If you're one of those people who say Brady isn't the greatest of his era, then you aren't worth debating. It's not even an argument now, he's solidified his position as #1 of the modern era and easily GOAT candidate with nobody but Montana to even compare.

2 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

If you're one of those people who say you can't compare players from different eras to each other, then you can't say Montana or anyone else is the solidified GOAT either.

If you're one of those people who say Brady isn't the greatest of his era, then you aren't worth debating. It's not even an argument now, he's solidified his position as #1 of the modern era and easily GOAT candidate with nobody but Montana to even compare.

The thing that puts Brady over the top of Montana in my opinion is that he is still the best at 39.  Montana was retired by 39 and his last couple years in KC were good, but not up to his former standards.  Brady is still the best at 39 and shows no signs of stopping.  

The one GOAT that can't be argued in football is Jerry Rice.

12 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

The thing that puts Brady over the top of Montana in my opinion is that he is still the best at 39.  Montana was retired by 39 and his last couple years in KC were good, but not up to his former standards.  Brady is still the best at 39 and shows no signs of stopping.  

The one GOAT that can't be argued in football is Jerry Rice.

That's another thing, one guy had the greatest receiver of all time and the other has the greatest coach of all time. Both of those are obviously nice for a QB to have.

We know they're all great players, but I do believe Brady is on a different level than Montana and any other QB in existence. We haven't seen him away from Belichick to see how much the system has to do with it, but regardless, the fact that he can play at that high of a level in any organization is extremely impressive.

I don't think it's any coincidence that Joe played some of his best football when Jerry Rice was on the team. I'm not using that to take away from Montana, but it surely helped his career to have Rice around. Watching Tom Brady turn the most random of players around the NFL into household names has been fun over the years. Does anyone honestly think Julian Edelman would be such a recognizable star athlete if he were drafted by literally any other team? Brandon LaFell had an okay year here in Cincinnati and Randy Moss is, well, Randy Moss. How many other receivers, tight ends, or running backs have we seen thrive in New England with Brady and Belichick and not do much elsewhere? Hell, Moss and LaFell aren't even homegrown New Englanders.

People complain about the pussification of the game and how it's rigged and blah blah blah. I'm just glad I grew up watching modern football so I could see the careers develop of some of these guys that will go down as all time greats. It's impressive and exciting to watch a team like New England do what they do evvvverrry damn year.

Championships don't mean goat. Please he would have 3 Super Bowls and wouldn't have a Super Bowl win in 14 years if it wasn't for horrendous play calling by the opposing team. U can definitely compare qbs from other eras just not yardage stats and things like that. As far as goat that belongs to montana/manning era. Brady would not have won a Super Bowl or not more than 2 max if he was anywhere besides pats. There's a reason garrapolo went 3-0 and Matt casserole went 11-5 it's the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

7 hours ago, Jpoore said:

Championships don't mean goat. Please he would have 3 Super Bowls and wouldn't have a Super Bowl win in 14 years if it wasn't for horrendous play calling by the opposing team. U can definitely compare qbs from other eras just not yardage stats and things like that. As far as goat that belongs to montana/manning era. Brady would not have won a Super Bowl or not more than 2 max if he was anywhere besides pats. There's a reason garrapolo went 3-0 and Matt casserole went 11-5 it's the system.

You mean like the system in SF that made Montana and Young HOFers and made Elvis Grbac and Steve Bono look like high end quarterbacks?  

On 2/7/2017 at 3:29 PM, Jpoore said:

.Brady is clearly the best qb since Montana.  If my aunt had balls she be my uncle. If.   Brady has 5 superbowl and had an amazing superbowl comeback.  Keep hating. If it makes you feel better. 

8 hours ago, SocalBengalEd said:

Please do us a favor and jump off a bridge. 

Jump off a bridge? The fuck?

Maybe you should jump off Brady's dick - it ain't that serious.  Fuck that Ugg boot model anyway and his tuck-rule, roughing-the-QB-by-looking-at-him NFL coddled rise to whatever passes for greatness in the stage-managed "Sports entertainment" era.

No really he's a damn good QB but he won a SB he didn't walk on water

Please do us a favor and jump off a bridge.  Brady is clearly the best qb since Montana.  If my aunt had balls she be my uncle. If.   Brady has 5 superbowl and had an amazing superbowl comeback.  Keep hating. If it makes you feel better. 

It has nothing to do with hating Brady will never be as good as manning.... Why did gatappalo go undefeated? Why did cassell go 11-5? It's the system Brady is a great qb he's not goat that belongs to Peyton Manning or Joe Montana. Sb doesn't mean ur goat, how many an do u think Brady would have with the Browns kr the chargers or the seahawks... Etc. Guarantee u it's not more than 2 he's a system qb.

You mean like the system in SF that made Montana and Young HOFers and made Elvis Grbac and Steve Bono look like high end quarterbacks?  

Not like Brady though that's why belecheck Is the best coach of all time and it isn't even close. Guarantee next qb they get after Brady wins at least 3 . It's the system. Personally I like Peyton Manning as goat

16 hours ago, Jpoore said:

Uhhhhhhh.

If you're going to use Jimmy G's incredibly small sample size as a reason it's "the system" then why couldn't Jacoby Brissett come in lead his team to score a single point in his Patriots' start in 2016? The Patriots got SHUT OUT at Foxboro against the Bills. Brady plays them 4 weeks later and hangs 41 on them in a blowout in @Buffalo. Yeah man, it's totally the system.

Matt Cassell had his highest career passer rating in his 2nd year as the Chiefs starter. Higher than his year starting in New England in '08. He couldn't have just had a decent year replacing Brady since he had guys like Wes Welker and Randy Moss at his disposal along with the fact that he has shown since that he was a capable NFL starter for a couple of years. Yeah man, it's totally the system.

Hell, even the GOAT coach in the NFL, Bill Belichick, he had a total of 1 winning season as a head coach in his first 6 years (including 1 losing season with the Pats) until this guy named Tom Brady came around. Guess who hasn't had a losing season since??? It's the ol' "what came first, the chicken or the egg?" People have been arguing for years about whether Belichick has been the benefactor of Brady's success or vice versa. Why can't we just all admit that they're both insanely talented GOAT candidates, and that it's just absurd that they ended up part of the same organization?

Of fucking course QBs need a team around them to win championships. No shit Brady wouldn't have won 5 SBs in Cleveland, but Montana, Marino, Manning, or anyone else you want to name wouldn't have had half of their accomplishments on a garbage team either.

28 minutes ago, Jpoore said:

Not like Brady though that's why belecheck Is the best coach of all time and it isn't even close. Guarantee next qb they get after Brady wins at least 3 . It's the system. Personally I like Peyton Manning as goat

When the next QB after Brady wins 3 I'll agree.  You might want to take a deeper look at the Walsh/DeBartolo 49ers.  Much of what you could say about Belichick having a system applies to the 49ers as well.  All their QBs looked great.  That doesn't mean Montana wasn't one of the best of all time.  His accuracy and ability to come up big in the most important situations speaks for itself.  You can say much the same about Brady.  When the chips are down the guy performs.  I want to see Belichick win without Brady before I put him on the pedestal. 

Manning doesn't even deserve to be in the conversation.  Terrible big game QB in college and the pros.  Won a SB in Indy on the back of the defense and running game while he sucked.  (3 TDs vs 7 picks that year in the playoffs)  Won last year as a caretaker.  If I needed a QB for a big game Manning wouldn't even be in the top 10.  No way.

Being old as dirt, I remember watching a guy named Namath have some decent success. All,he did was save an entire league, and he did it with OK at best talent around him, OK at best coaching, and doing it all with 2/3 of his legs shot. His one SB win was and still is, the most amazing and unexpected one in the game's history. 

When the next QB after Brady wins 3 I'll agree.  You might want to take a deeper look at the Walsh/DeBartolo 49ers.  Much of what you could say about Belichick having a system applies to the 49ers as well.  All their QBs looked great.  That doesn't mean Montana wasn't one of the best of all time.  His accuracy and ability to come up big in the most important situations speaks for itself.  You can say much the same about Brady.  When the chips are down the guy performs.  I want to see Belichick win without Brady before I put him on the pedestal. 
Manning doesn't even deserve to be in the conversation.  Terrible big game QB in college and the pros.  Won a SB in Indy on the back of the defense and running game while he sucked.  (3 TDs vs 7 picks that year in the playoffs)  Won last year as a caretaker.  If I needed a QB for a big game Manning wouldn't even be in the top 10.  No way.

He averages over 270 passing per game in his career. That is not riding the back of anything. U say u want to see Bellechick win without Brady I want to see the opposite bc I don't think he's a top 15 qb without bellechick. But I won't get to.

4 hours ago, Jpoore said:

He averages over 270 passing per game in his career. That is not riding the back of anything. 

Manning could average 500 yards a game.  He still blew goats in big games.  The game is about more than stats.  Manning is king of big numbers, but did less with more when it counted.  Overrated.

8 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Being old as dirt, I remember watching a guy named Namath have some decent success. All,he did was save an entire league, and he did it with OK at best talent around him, OK at best coaching, and doing it all with 2/3 of his legs shot. His one SB win was and still is, the most amazing and unexpected one in the game's history. 

And he continues to be one of the most overrated QBs to ever walk on to the field because of it...

The Browns' record with Graham as starting quarterback was 114–20–4, including a 9–3 record in the playoffs.  He still holds the NFL career record for yards per pass attempt, averaging nine.  He also holds the record for the highest career winning percentage for an NFL starting quarterback, with 0.814.  Graham was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1965.  Having won seven championships in 10 seasons and reached the championship game in every year he played, Graham is regarded by sportswriters as one of the greatest winners of all time and one of the best professional quarterbacks ever to play the game.  He never missed a game in his career

"Hey guys remember me?"

Graham-Cleveland.jpg

Archived