More proof, you know you are old when....

Go Skins

https://amp.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/01/30-iconic-records-turning-30-years-old-in-2017.html

To prove the year’s embarrassment of recorded riches, here are 30 of the best, most iconic releases from 1987 to revisit while they celebrate their 30th anniversaries this year.

1. U2, The Joshua Tree
When U2 released The Joshua Tree in early 1987, Bono uncharacteristically stated that he was, “as pleased with the record as I can ever be pleased with a record.” Little did he and the rest of U2 know just how much it would please worldwide audiences, as well. Widely regarded as one of the best albums of all time, The Joshua Tree hit No. 1 on the charts in more than 20 different countries and has sold more than 25 million copies worldwide. The album’s three biggest singles—“With or Without You,” “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For” and “Where the Streets Have No Name”—not only helped to define the band’s anthemic sound, but also the decade itself in many different ways, both within the U.S. and globally. The Joshua Tree transcended pop music in ways that allowed U2 to give voice and draw attention to a variety of important social and political issues, all while they toured the world as certified international rock stars.

Archived