Superbowl thread

14 minutes ago, Ben said:

Some iffy calls, but Atlanta can only blame themselves.

People must be celebrating in Seattle, no longer the biggest choke job in the SB

fo sho... Atlanta played Marvin ball.. Gave the best QB ever all the chances in the world to come back and win....

Watching the game 3 things are more clear than ever to me.

1. They need to get faster as a whole.

2. The O-line needs to get better, particularly in running the ball.

3. Our coaches don't do a good enough job of developing talent.  There is talent on the roster, but talented projects never turn into talented players.  If they don't have "it" when they get here they won't get "it" while they are.

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I do have a question though for all those who say the NFL is the new WWE.

Goodell suspending Brady and then Brady goes on to win a SB in the same year, if Goodell was fixing all this why would he make himself look foolish like that?

;)

A. Tom Brady is so good (like Michael Jordan good), slants and machined dynamics have no effect.

B. Bill and the rest of his coaches are so good (like '70's Dallas good), ditto.

C. Neither of the above needed to apply, because the league got who they wanted there anyway-whether they won or lost. 

You do realize Hardison has never played a down of NFL football, correct? 

You people are funny. 

Give me a break, I get it...I was just pointing out that it's not like we passed on some superstar, he only had 3 sacks in two years before last night.

As for Hardison, who knows what he could do if he was given the same opportunity?

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I do have a question though for all those who say the NFL is the new WWE.

Goodell suspending Brady and then Brady goes on to win a SB in the same year, if Goodell was fixing all this why would he make himself look foolish like that?

;)

Guys in the WWE make conscious decisions to play the role of bad guy all the time.

I don't think Goodell cares that people, fans of the game, dislike him. On the contrary, his primary job is to ensure the success and profitability of the league. I think he's still doing that. I know earlier in the season it was discussed that perhaps ratings were down, but the league is still making a lot of money.

The deflategate soap opera, the very premise, was utterly stupid. But, it "sold tickets," people ate it up.

30 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Give me a break, I get it...I was just pointing out that it's not like we passed on some superstar, he only had 3 sacks in two years before last night.

As for Hardison, who knows what he could do if he was given the same opportunity?

People become sports heroes based upon what they do in the biggest moments. If Atlanta doesn't choke, Jarrett becomes one of those heroes. 

The odds of Hardison becoming anything has reduced drastically. When you don't play competitive football for 3 years, what should anyone expect?

Simple. This idea that the NFL is "fixed" akin to the WWE is bullocks, and frankly what some are using as a means to explain away why we are not as successful of a franchise as we might like to be. It's embarrassing.

If people want to suggest why the large city franchises do better typically (though Pitt and GB are hardly "large city") take a look at the fact that Coaches are not under salary cap rules and as such those larger cities can spend a little more for quality coaching right down to position coaches.

That might be a better explanation than this Rodger Goodell is Vince McMahon nonsense.

Archived