Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Montana Bengal

SiliconDust HDHomeRun

10 posts in this topic

Anyone using one?  Just wondering what you think of it and if you have advice.

I never could get it to work right - antenna signal was fine direct to the TV, but awful going through this thing.

4 hours ago, Cat said:

I never could get it to work right - antenna signal was fine direct to the TV, but awful going through this thing.

That sucks....

I have been using the HD Homerun Prime with a cable card for years. Not sure if that was the HDHomeRun you were asking about but it works better than cable boxes. I use a prime with a comcast cable card and Xbox Ones. Works fantastic while sticking it to the man!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I ended up building a small media computer with WinTv - antenna goes directly into the machine and has a DVR - not nearly as convenient as say, DirecTv has - but it works. You just have to stay on top of if a program changes times / days - otherwise you end up with 4 episodes of Superstore instead of The Blacklist...

I use Plex at home as a media server and they have a 'plex dvr' feature that should work well.  Ultimately I have to run an antenna up into the attic - so I've got a little extra work to do.  From what I have read - the HD Homerun Prime requires a cable subscription to work and the Extend versions doesn't.  There is another more basic version...but I can't remember at the moment why I wasn't considering that.  I had considered picking up a Tablo, but if I am going to spend the money I want to make sure it works.

2 hours ago, Cat said:

On your antenna- I ordered one from this place - http://www.dennysantennaservice.com/

It works great, and they have a ton of information on there for research.

Which antenna did you grab?  Do you remember?

i am intrigued in riding myself of the 4 add on boxes im paying $28/mo for...

if one of the damn streaming servies would just allow a virtual DVR/on demand of sorts if be rid of this mess already