Bengals Sign Bené Benwikere

31 minutes ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

Really talented guy but he's a slot guy not an outside. He had a lot of interest and met with a bunch of teams. I'm kinda shocked he chose Cincinnati.

he was never the same after he fractured his leg,because at one point in time bene had a promising career.

3 hours ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

Really talented guy but he's a slot guy not an outside. He had a lot of interest and met with a bunch of teams. I'm kinda shocked he chose Cincinnati.

"Interest " he was a free agent in February?   I'm  pretty sure he chose us because the Bengals were the only one interested to sign him. 

7 hours ago, SocalBengalEd said:

"Interest " he was a free agent in February?   I'm  pretty sure he chose us because the Bengals were the only one interested to sign him. 

http://www.inquisitr.com/3585658/nfl-rumors-miami-dolphins-claim-bene-benwikere-from-carolina-panthers/

Redskins wanted him, as did the Jets.

Came back from a 2015 season ended by injury and had Julio Jones put up 300 yards on him in week 4 last year. As long as we're not asking him to cover the other teams #1 every game, he's a solid pickup.

10 hours ago, SocalBengalEd said:

That was on October 10th of last year    

True... Before the sex change even. :huh:

You think teams thought less of him at the end of the season than they did immediately after watching him get torched by Jones and being named worst player in the NFL? "We're willing to pick him up on waivers, but no way will we pay him the minimum to make him part of the off season 90..."

7 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

True... Before the sex change even. :huh:

You think teams thought less of him at the end of the season than they did immediately after watching him get torched by Jones and being named worst player in the NFL? "We're willing to pick him up on waivers, but no way will we pay him the minimum to make him part of the off season 90..."

Which sex did he change to?

I'm sure the Marvengals signed him because he has a lot of po-ten-tial and may someday be truly mediocre.

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Which sex did he change to?

I'm sure the Marvengals signed him because he has a lot of po-ten-tial and may someday be truly mediocre.

Hyperbole. Because it's not like between October 10th and now he had a major injury, killed someone, or was caught hanging out in a hotel with Pac-Man. Or decided to become a woman.

On 2/15/2017 at 1:47 AM, SocalBengalEd said:

Or we can go by the fact that he had 4 contract offers and chose Cincy and the team actually pitched pretty hard to get him. He wasn't just some no talent hack that no one wanted. 

6 hours ago, SocalBengalEd said:

Whatever makes you feel better about this signing. 

It is a back end depth signing that actually has a lot of potential. There is literally no negative to the signing at all. Absolutely 0 risk with a potential reward of a starting slot corner that was free. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Archived