Yeah Hue, we'll take your #12 pick...

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

Why indeed? I agree that's the smart move myself, but..  Draft Hype.

Which doesn't make much sense, does it?  As we've both said, the price on McC0oter is likely to go up the longer they wait.  I said before he has to be worth as much as any projected first-round QB in this year's draft.  It doesn't have the excitement of revealing your future franchise QB at the big debutante cotillion in Philly.  If there's a better explanation I'm all ears eyes, but when Mitch Trubisky or whoever is the next QB flop, this time next year ol' McWebb might be worth the tender.

Either way, it makes sense that they're holding out for a 1st rounder in return.

I gotcha now. Yeah I just figured that any team that will might need a QB next year probably needs a QB right now. If Chicago, Cleveland, or any other team thinks they might, possibly, maybe want McCarron next year, they should just pony up the 1st right now and grab him before he's a RFA. Not sure he's worth a 1st at the moment since no one has offered us anything for him though.

His stock could absolutely go up or down by that point though, we'll see what happens. I think McCarron is a good backup and it would be nice to retain him for a backup's salary, but I wouldn't be thrilled with him starting and every QB with a marketable name or a few good games as a backup will always chase starter money. 1 reasonably sized NFL contract can set your family up for life so I don't blame them.

On 2/19/2017 at 7:03 PM, Jpoore said:

Well driskell isn't no scrub either.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2017/2/19/14658096/comparing-bengals-first-second-round-draft-picks
Seems like we do really well in the second round. Also seems like out second rounders are the field a lot more quickly than the first.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

As a Florida alumni... I've yet to see Jeff Driskel be a competent QB. He has amazing measurables, but he's had one good year at Louisiana Tech. (Conference USA)

His last year at Florida saw him throw more picks than TD's and only complete 54% of his passes. Tim "Not an NFL QB" Tebow completed 70% of his passes with 21 TD's and 5 picks his last year.

Unless we're playing ODU and Western Kentucky I don't want Driskel anywhere near center, much less under it.

As a Florida alumni... I've yet to see Jeff Driskel be a competent QB. He has amazing measurables, but he's had one good year at Louisiana Tech. (Conference USA)

His last year at Florida saw him throw more picks than TD's and only complete 54% of his passes. Tim "Not an NFL QB" Tebow completed 70% of his passes with 21 TD's and 5 picks his last year.

Unless we're playing ODU and Western Kentucky I don't want Driskel anywhere near center, much less under it.

Obviously but they liked him enough to keep him in the 53 which we never do. Also Florida doesn't really have a offense. I. Think they really like him.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

Archived