Whit is going to test the FA market, says he wants to play for a Super Bowl contender

If we lose Whit we are in big trouble no doubt as we do not have anyone to play LT that is decent. To not want to sign Zeitler is insane also becauise he is a good player and our line is not all that good. I am tired of hearing that we dont pay guards top $$$. It's the same thing always with the bengals ..the definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over agin and expecting different results. 

Seems like the Broncos are interested in Whit...

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/02/22/broncos-mailbag-offensive-line/

I would imagine the Broncos give a serious look at the current offensive line market, namely Andrew Whitworth, the Bengals free-agent left tackle who said on SiriusXM NFL Radio on Monday that, while he believes he’ll end up back in Cincinnati: “I want to take advantage of the opportunity of being free and listening to what other people have to say. I think that’s the right way to do it.”

Being that they won the Super Bowl recently I would think they qualify as a SB contender. 

8 hours ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

..the definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over agin and expecting different results. 

That is not the definition of insanity.

in·san·i·ty
inˈsanədē/
noun
noun: insanity
  1. the state of being seriously mentally ill; madness.

30 minutes ago, Dautcom08 said:

Denver has a rookie head coach, no QB to speak of and a run game arguably worse than the Bengals.  Other than being named "Denver" in terms of Super Bowl contention, just like last year, they'll be lucky to contend for their own division.

They also have one of the best defenses in the NFL, a dynamic WR combo, and rookie HC that has a connection to Whit. Denver and it's no QB to speak of came into PBS last year kicked the Bengals ass, so they also have that going for them. 

Denver has a history of excellence and they still many players on the roster that won a Super Bowl a year ago...can't say the same for the Bengals. 

3 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

They also have one of the best defenses in the NFL, a dynamic WR combo, and rookie HC that has a connection to Whit. Denver and it's no QB to speak of came into PBS last year kicked the Bengals ass, so they also have that going for them. 

Denver has a history of excellence and they still many players on the roster that won a Super Bowl a year ago...can't say the same for the Bengals. 

Even with Bengals defensive struggles early they only gave up 18 more points than the Denver defense who also lost their Super Bowl winning DC, so the defense argument is a wash IMO.  Bengals have one of the best WRs in the league, dynamic WR/TE combo (when healthy) and a franchise that Whit has played for his entire career.  So Bengals have all of that going for them in terms of retention.  Oh and Dalton >>>> any current QB on Denver's roster.

100% confident Whit is a Bengal next season.

Just now, Dautcom08 said:

Even with Bengals defensive struggles early they only gave up 18 more points than the Denver defense who also lost their Super Bowl winning DC, so the defense argument is a wash IMO. 

Keep in mind you're arguing with one of those Bengals fans that thinks every other team is better than the Bengals.

19 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Keep in mind you're arguing with one of those Bengals fans that thinks every other team is better than the Bengals.

I would say there are 7 teams that the Bengals are better than, I would take Carolina over the Bengals because of the QB situation. Being that the Bengals draft 9th in the 2017 draft it's pretty simple to figure out who the Bengals are better than and who is better than the Bengals, it's rather objective. 

12 hours ago, T-Dub said:

That is not the definition of insanity.

in·san·i·ty
inˈsanədē/
noun
noun: insanity
  1. the state of being seriously mentally ill; madness.

YES you are awesome, i hate people who say that stupid quote.

15 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

I would say there are 7 teams that the Bengals are better than, I would take Carolina over the Bengals because of the QB situation. Being that the Bengals draft 9th in the 2017 draft it's pretty simple to figure out who the Bengals are better than and who is better than the Bengals, it's rather objective. 

Rather objective, except for when it's not.

"The QB situation" is that theirs had a completion percentage just over 50%, almost as many turnovers as TD's, threw for about 800 less yards than AD and had an overall QB rating about 15 points lower.  But Cam Newton is a better QB in your mind because, well.. jersey sales I guess?

I'm really not trying to change your opinion here but objectively  you seem to think the team you're a fan of sucks.  That's kind of weird.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

"The QB situation" is that theirs had a completion percentage just over 50%, almost as many turnovers as TD's, threw for about 800 less yards than AD and had an overall QB rating about 15 points lower.  But Cam Newton is a better QB in your mind because, well.. jersey sales I guess?

I'm really not trying to change your opinion here but objectively  you seem to think the team you're a fan of sucks.  That's kind of weird.

But, but, but he won the MVP!  Thanks to scoring a ton of TDs thanks to a defense putting them in incredible field position 100% of the time.  Unfortunately for Cam, that didn't happen last year.

Had Dalton not gotten injured he could have stolen the MVP from Cam that year too.  Andy was on pace to match or better every passing statistical category that season if you extrapolate Andy's statistics over playing a full 16 game season.

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

You can argue back and forth about Carolina, but to argue about whether Denver is better than Cincinnati is stupid. Of course they are better. The Bengals have not finished with a better record than Denver since 2011. Oh yeah, Denver also won a playoff game that year. To believe that Cincinnati is even in the same discussion as Denver is comical. 

I dont care who Denver's QB is, they seem to be an organization that is always going to be in contention. 

1 minute ago, Madieu Superstar said:

You can argue back and forth about Carolina, but to argue about whether Denver is better than Cincinnati is stupid. Of course they are better. The Bengals have not finished with a better record than Denver since 2011. Oh yeah, Denver also won a playoff game that year. To believe that Cincinnati is even in the same discussion as Denver is comical. 

I dont care who Denver's QB is, they seem to be an organization that is always going to be in contention. 

Who said anything about Denver, Broncos fan?

:39:

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Who said anything about Denver, Broncos fan?

:39:

"Keep in mind you're arguing with one of those Bengals fans that thinks every other team is better than the Bengals."

your response implied that it was somehow illegitimate for anyone to conclude as a matter of fact that the Broncos are a better team than the Bengals. If you're life depended upon it, who would you be more likely to pick to win a super bowl in a given year:Cincinnati or Denver? Anyone who would pick Cincinnati would be considered to have a death wish. 

6 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

"Keep in mind you're arguing with one of those Bengals fans that thinks every other team is better than the Bengals."

your response implied that it was somehow illegitimate for anyone to conclude as a matter of fact that the Broncos are a better team than the Bengals.

106asd.jpg

Lol bengals are a top 10 team anf the qb situation? Dalton is easily and withoit queationnbetter than cam.newton. newton has had 1 season with a better than 60 peecent completion percentage. 1!! Meanwhile dalton has had 5 and just missed a 6th. Enough said

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

14 hours ago, Jpoore said:

Lol bengals are a top 10 team anf the qb situation? Dalton is easily and withoit queationnbetter than cam.newton. newton has had 1 season with a better than 60 peecent completion percentage. 1!! Meanwhile dalton has had 5 and just missed a 6th. Enough said

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

Top 10....Lol..Based on what? How can they have the 9th worst record in the NFL but be a top 10 team?

Newton lead his team to the Super Bowl and was the MVP, but you want to throw out completion percentage as proof that Dalton is better. What about wins, TDs, etc..

Sam Bradford had the best completion percentage in the NFL last year, so by your logic he was the best QB  in the NFL last year. You lose credibility when you say ridiculous things like this. 

12 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Top 10....Lol..Based on what? How can they have the 9th worst record in the NFL but be a top 10 team?

Newton lead his team to the Super Bowl and was the MVP, but you want to throw out completion percentage as proof that Dalton is better. What about wins

Won the same number of games

TDs

One more passing & rushing TD than Dalton

etc..

14 interceptions (!), 5 fumbles and 36 sacks (!!).  Those numbers don't support your BS though so I suppose they are meaningless like completion percentage.

Sam Bradford had the best completion percentage in the NFL last year, so by your logic he was the best QB  in the NFL last year. You lose credibility when you say ridiculous things like this. 

Uh, he didn't say that, you did.  Strawman harder, Mr. Credibility.

12 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Won the same number of games

One more passing & rushing TD than Dalton

14 interceptions (!), 5 fumbles and 36 sacks (!!).  Those numbers don't support your BS though so I suppose they are meaningless like completion percentage.

Uh, he didn't say that, you did.  Strawman harder, Mr. Credibility.

What about playoff wins, I guess that doesn't matter to you because it doesn't fit your argument. 

I understand this is Bengals board but let's not lose objectivity and become delusional. Dalton is not better than a MVP that took his team the Super Bowl and to claim so is silly.

Lastly, he's the one who said that Dalton's completion percentage was better, so by his logic who ever had the best comp percentage is the better QB...How is that a straw man argument?

Archived