Whit is going to test the FA market, says he wants to play for a Super Bowl contender

2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

What about playoff wins, I guess that doesn't matter to you because it doesn't fit your argument. 

I understand this is Bengals board but let's not lose objectivity and become delusional. Dalton is not better than a MVP that took his team the Super Bowl and to claim so is silly.

Lastly, he's the one who said that Dalton's completion percentage was better, so by his logic who ever had the best comp percentage is the better QB...How is that a straw man argument?

No, that's you trying to reduce the argument to absurdity.  Dalton had equal or better (much better in the case of turnovers) numbers than Newton or, in fact, most other QB's.  You're trying to prop up your BS with team stats.  Then you focus on a single category - completion percentage - and make a strawman argument claiming it means best % = best QB like that's not one of several stats in which Newton was lacking. So again, nobody has made that claim but you. This would be just as dumb as me saying that since you keep coming back to a SB win, that must make Big Jen's 22.6 QBR in the SB an amazing performance because his team ended up winning.

Which, I mean, who really gives a shit what you think about it because at the end of the day, you're obviously just here to troll.  You think the team sucks, you continually argue the point of how much they suck, yet are a regular on what is (ostensibly at least) a Bengals fan forum. To what purpose? Most people don't make a habit of seeking out fans of trivial things they don't enjoy and trying to argue the point ad nauseum.  That's nothing but trolling.

So congratulation I guess, you've baited me into trying to debate something that's patently fucking ridiculous by doubling down on a statement that was laughable to begin with.  I'd suggest you run along to a forum for the Panthers or Broncos or Pats or whatever team it is that you actually like, but once again we both know that's not what you're after.

I've entertained this idiocy long enough.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

No, that's you trying to reduce the argument to absurdity.  Dalton had equal or better (much better in the case of turnovers) numbers than Newton or, in fact, most other QB's.  You're trying to prop up your BS with team stats.  Then you focus on a single category - completion percentage - and make a strawman argument claiming it means best % = best QB like that's not one of several stats in which Newton was lacking. So again, nobody has made that claim but you. This would be just as dumb as me saying that since you keep coming back to a SB win, that must make Big Jen's 22.6 QBR in the SB an amazing performance because his team ended up winning.

Which, I mean, who really gives a shit what you think about it because at the end of the day, you're obviously just here to troll.  You think the team sucks, you continually argue the point of how much they suck, yet are a regular on what is (ostensibly at least) a Bengals fan forum. To what purpose? Most people don't make a habit of seeking out fans of trivial things they don't enjoy and trying to argue the point ad nauseum.  That's nothing but trolling.

So congratulation I guess, you've baited me into trying to debate something that's patently fucking ridiculous by doubling down on a statement that was laughable to begin with.  I'd suggest you run along to a forum for the Panthers or Broncos or Pats or whatever team it is that you actually like, but once again we both know that's not what you're after.

QFT.?

4 hours ago, T-Dub said:

tl; dr

Btw if you have Kenneth agreeing with you then you know you are wrong.

Top 10....Lol..Based on what? How can they have the 9th worst record in the NFL but be a top 10 team?
Newton lead his team to the Super Bowl and was the MVP, but you want to throw out completion percentage as proof that Dalton is better. What about wins, TDs, etc..
Sam Bradford had the best completion percentage in the NFL last year, so by your logic he was the best QB  in the NFL last year. You lose credibility when you say ridiculous things like this. 

Name teams that you think would beat us if we played them. Difference is andy and cam dont throw checkdowns every play. As far as wins and tds, dalton has more wins newton more tds. Newton is just not an accurate passer. If i had to pick between the 2 to run the bengals offense im taking andy

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

What about playoff wins, I guess that doesn't matter to you because it doesn't fit your argument. 
I understand this is Bengals board but let's not lose objectivity and become delusional. Dalton is not better than a MVP that took his team the Super Bowl and to claim so is silly.
Lastly, he's the one who said that Dalton's completion percentage was better, so by his logic who ever had the best comp percentage is the better QB...How is that a straw man argument?

U do realize that dalton could have easily won the mvp instead of newton if he had remained healthy? They were both right up there foe the mvp. This argument that andy juat wasnt an mvp favorite before he got hurt is ludicrous.

Top 10....Lol..Based on what? How can they have the 9th worst record in the NFL but be a top 10 team?

Newton lead his team to the Super Bowl and was the MVP, but you want to throw out completion percentage as proof that Dalton is better. What about wins, TDs, etc..

Sam Bradford had the best completion percentage in the NFL last year, so by your logic he was the best QB  in the NFL last year. You lose credibility when you say ridiculous things like this. 

Carolina drafts 8th. Therefore Cam is the 8th worst QB in the leaguez.

Dalton still > than Newton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.foxsports.com/watch/the-herd-with-colin-cowherd/video/547271747547

When you consider Andy's surrounding cast vs. Cam's, then compare their success it obvious Cam is better.

Newton has been the NFL MVP, 1st team All-Pro, NFL Offensive Player of the Year, and NFL Offensive ROY..Andy has done none of that, so please stop the insanity.

Newton was better than Andy in college when he won the National Championship and Dalton finished #2 to Newton's Auburn Tigers. Newton was drafted #1 overall and Dalton was drafted 35th, that means every team in NFL thought there was someone better than Dalton when they drafted in 2011, even the Bengals. 

I think the Bengals need to move on from Marvin Lewis, cut PacMan, and re-sign Zeitler and Whit..and they will probably do none of those things. Does that mean I hate the team, no but I don't blindly follow them and think everything they do is wonderful when they clearly don't know how win when it counts. Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis are incompentent and inept and their lack of a playoff win in 26 years and 0-7 record proves it. 

3 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

http://www.foxsports.com/watch/the-herd-with-colin-cowherd/video/547271747547

When you consider Andy's surrounding cast vs. Cam's, then compare their success it obvious Cam is better.

Newton has been the NFL MVP, 1st team All-Pro, NFL Offensive Player of the Year, and NFL Offensive ROY..Andy has done none of that, so please stop the insanity.

Newton was better than Andy in college when he won the National Championship and Dalton finished #2 to Newton's Auburn Tigers. Newton was drafted #1 overall and Dalton was drafted 35th, that means every team in NFL thought there was someone better than Dalton when they drafted in 2011, even the Bengals. 

I think the Bengals need to move on from Marvin Lewis, cut PacMan, and re-sign Zeitler and Whit..and they will probably do none of those things. Does that mean I hate the team, no but I don't blindly follow them and think everything they do is wonderful when they clearly don't know how win when it counts. Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis are incompentent and inept and their lack of a playoff win in 26 years and 0-7 record proves it. 

I don't think we need to compare college careers and where they were drafted, etc.

Having said that, I'd say its pretty clear Newton is the more accomplished player. Yes Andy was playing well in 2015, but no he was not going to win the MVP lol. For Christ sake, he got hurt throwing the ball into the stomach of a player on the opposing team. 

I'm not sure I would want Cam on my team because I think he's a self-absorbed head case and he chose not to dive for a ball in the Super Bowl.

Having said that, he led his team to a Super Bowl and they have almost no talent on offense. That's pretty incredible. 

I love having Andy as our QB, but we're still not even sure he can play in the playoffs. 

Right now, the guy who led his team to the Super Bowl is better. 

I don't think we need to compare college careers and where they were drafted, etc.
Having said that, I'd say its pretty clear Newton is the more accomplished player. Yes Andy was playing well in 2015, but no he was not going to win the MVP lol. For Christ sake, he got hurt throwing the ball into the stomach of a player on the opposing team. 
I'm not sure I would want Cam on my team because I think he's a self-absorbed head case and he chose not to dive for a ball in the Super Bowl.
Having said that, he led his team to a Super Bowl and they have almost no talent on offense. That's pretty incredible. 
I love having Andy as our QB, but we're still not even sure he can play in the playoffs. 
Right now, the guy who led his team to the Super Bowl is better. 

He was in the top 3 when he got hurt and with another 10-12 tds who knows? But to act like he wasnt even in the running? Just wrong.

8 hours ago, Jpoore said:

He was in the top 3 when he got hurt and with another 10-12 tds who knows? But to act like he wasnt even in the running? Just wrong.

Stop making up shit and claiming it to be true because you want it to be true, Andy wasn't in the top 3 of the MVP voting. In 2015 out of the 50 votes Cam got 48, Brady and Carson each got 1. Andy's one of the top 3 QB's in the division, but not the NFL and never has been. 

"He's just had this incredible year. There's no doubt in my mind he's going to be the MVP on Saturday night," Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning said at Super Bowl opening night, per Wesseling. "What he's done in the short time being an NFL quarterback, he's been awesome. He's been awesome. That's the best word I can think of."

Somehow, labeling Newton's season as awesome may be underselling it.

According to Pro-Football-Reference.com, Newton led all quarterbacks in touchdown percentage (7.1), which calculates the percentage of touchdowns thrown when attempting a pass. Considering the 26-year-old was working with a receiving corps comprised of Greg Olsen, Corey Brown, Ted Ginn Jr., Jerricho Cotchery and rookie Devin Funchess, that's remarkable.

"God's not making another Cam Newton for a long time," ESPN analyst and Hall of Fame wide receiver Cris Carter said, according to ESPN.com's David Newton. "He broke the mold when he made him. There'll be a lot of big guys. They're just going to be big guys. They're not going to be Cam Newton."

Tom Brady, Carson Palmer and Russell Wilson all made strong cases to take home the hardware, but Newton's accomplishments with an unheralded supporting cast made his win a lock as the regular season was winding down.

Now all that's left for Newton is to defeat the Broncos and hoist the Vince Lombardi Trophy on Sunday evening at Levi's Stadium as he seeks to become the first player in history to have Heisman, NCAA national championship and Super Bowl trophies residing on his mantle.

Yes he was having a good year in 2015 before he broke his thumb while trying to make a tackle after throwing an INT to a defensive lineman, but to make up facts based on your feelings or opinions, once again, makes you seem less credible and shows you can't objectively discuss the Bengals with rationality. Andy is an above average QB that makes the Pro Bowl as an alternate, he's an Alex Smith type of player, a guy that if you get him in the right system and surround him with plenty of talent he can excel but he's prone to silly mistakes and having the yips in big moments, not exactly a clutch player. 

At this point in his career he's not a HOF caliber player, Newton is...see the difference. 

Yes he was having a good year in 2015 before he broke his thumb while trying to make a tackle after throwing an INT to a defensive lineman, but to make up facts based on your feelings or opinions, once again, makes you seem less credible and shows you can't objectively discuss the Bengals with rationality. Andy is an above average QB that makes the Pro Bowl as an alternate, he's an Alex Smith type of player, a guy that if you get him in the right system and surround him with plenty of talent he can excel but he's prone to silly mistakes and having the yips in big moments, not exactly a clutch player. 
At this point in his career he's not a HOF caliber player, Newton is...see the difference. 

First off, mvp voting isnt done in week 12 last i checked. So as stated before he was in the top 3 until he got injured then obviously he wasnt. And hof caliber? Newton? U havr to be at least a 60 percent completion percentage to even sniff the hof. And an alex smith player!?!? Im not even a dalton fan but dude has the exact same stats pretty much as tom bradys first 6 years, not including bradys first year. So u see these facta were not made up but are actually facts.

1 hour ago, Jpoore said:

First off, mvp voting isnt done in week 12 last i checked. So as stated before he was in the top 3 until he got injured then obviously he wasnt. And hof caliber? Newton? U havr to be at least a 60 percent completion percentage to even sniff the hof. And an alex smith player!?!? Im not even a dalton fan but dude has the exact same stats pretty much as tom bradys first 6 years, not including bradys first year. So u see these facta were not made up but are actually facts.

I'm pretty sure Brady won 3 Super Bowls in his first 6 years.

you are aware that the Bengals have zero playoff wins since January, 1991, correct?

1 hour ago, Jpoore said:

So if MVP voting isn't done in week 12 then how do you know that Andy was in the top 3? You don't, you made that up to support your argument...which is silly. You can't make up facts and expect people to take you seriously, but you can work for the President :rsju31uh9:

This is a link to an article written on the Wednesday before any games for Week 12 of the NFL season and Dalton was ranked #7 and just so we are clear being 7th doesn't mean you are in the top 3:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000587920/article/brady-palmer-headline-list-of-top-mvp-candidates  Another article written by the highly respected Gil Brandt, who actually votes for the MVP of the NFL, before the week 14 game vs. the Stealers in which Dalton broke his thumb: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000597772/article/cam-newton-tom-brady-lead-mvp-candidates-down-the-stretch. As you can see Dalton was not even in the top 5 with 4 other QB's being ranked higher than him. 

Most players that are named MVP of the NFL make it into the HOF, in the last 30 years only 4 guys that are eligible that were named MVP haven't been in inducted into the HOF. 

Lastly, don't even compare Dalton to Brady, once again you lose credibility when you do so. Just looking at someone's stats doesn't tell you the whole story, no one has ever thought that Andy Dalton is comparable to Tom Brady...EVER. The one guy has 5 Super Bowl rings, the other guy is 0-4 in the playoffs; besides being starting QB's for teams in the AFC they have nothing in common career wise, regardless of whatever stat you pull out of your ass. Andy is at best the 3rd best QB in the history of the Bengals, Brady is arguably the best QB in the history of the NFL. 

1 hour ago, Jpoore said:

T-Dub are you sure you want to be on this guy's side...just sayin...lol. 

22 hours ago, Dautcom08 said:

Carolina drafts 8th. Therefore Cam is the 8th worst QB in the leaguez.

Dalton still > than Newton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the Pats deal picks with the Stains, does that make Brady 32nd and behind whoever Hue runs out there?

So if MVP voting isn't done in week 12 then how do you know that Andy was in the top 3? You don't, you made that up to support your argument...which is silly. You can't make up facts and expect people to take you seriously, but you can work for the President default_rsju31uh9.gif
This is a link to an article written on the Wednesday before any games for Week 12 of the NFL season and Dalton was ranked #7 and just so we are clear being 7th doesn't mean you are in the top 3:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000587920/article/brady-palmer-headline-list-of-top-mvp-candidates  Another article written by the highly respected Gil Brandt, who actually votes for the MVP of the NFL, before the week 14 game vs. the Stealers in which Dalton broke his thumb: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000597772/article/cam-newton-tom-brady-lead-mvp-candidates-down-the-stretch. As you can see Dalton was not even in the top 5 with 4 other QB's being ranked higher than him. 
Most players that are named MVP of the NFL make it into the HOF, in the last 30 years only 4 guys that are eligible that were named MVP haven't been in inducted into the HOF. 
Lastly, don't even compare Dalton to Brady, once again you lose credibility when you do so. Just looking at someone's stats doesn't tell you the whole story, no one has ever thought that Andy Dalton is comparable to Tom Brady...EVER. The one guy has 5 Super Bowl rings, the other guy is 0-4 in the playoffs; besides being starting QB's for teams in the AFC they have nothing in common career wise, regardless of whatever stat you pull out of your ass. Andy is at best the 3rd best QB in the history of the Bengals, Brady is arguably the best QB in the history of the NFL. 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-mvp-projection-cam-newton-dabs-up-to-no-2-going-into-week-11/amp/
this was him at 4,
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000557256/article/qb-index-andy-dalton-rises-as-young-trio-emerges%3fnetworkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%253Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%253Dstory&env&pageKeyValues=prtnr%253Daround-the-league;plyr%253Dthomas_brady;plyr%253Dpeyton_manning;plyr%253Djohn_stafford&p.ct=Around+the+NFL&p.adsm=false&p.tcm=%2523fff&p.bgc1m=%25230964bf&p.bgc2m=%2523053a74&sr=amp again at 4. And it seems he was tight there with palmer for that third spot.

Archived