As far as I can tell ignoring the guys that may return in free agency I see our needs as: 2nd WR, LT, C, RG, RT, K, LDT, RDE, SLB, MLB, S, CB, CB, Backup QB, RB Depth. These are at all kinds of different levels. Some can be filled in house, some will be filled with re-signed free agents, some will have to come from the draft or free agency.

·         Adam Jones 5-10 180, 33

o        Said he wished a cop was dead and spit on a nurse. Likely cut just for that but likely faces a suspension that will actually save the team money on the cap. 66 tackles, 1 int, 7 passes defensed.

·         Dre Kirkpatrick 6-2 185, 27

o        Kirkpatrick is a free agent. He had 46 tackles, 3 ints and 10 passes defensed

·         William Jackson 6-0, 189, 24

o        DNP after a training camp injury.

·         Josh Shaw 6-1 200, 24

o        Shaw had 56 tackles, 1 int and 3 passes defensed in 2016

·         Darqueze Dennard 5-11 198, 25

o        The former first round pick wasn’t great in 2016 as he tried to carve out pt. 47 tackles and 1 pass defensed. It will be interesting to see if they pick p his 5th year option.

·         KeiVarae Russell 5-11 192, 23

o        Cheifs 3rd round pick in 2016 surprisingly cut and scooped up by Bengals. Had 1 pick on 1 play for the season. 

·         Bene Benwikere  6-0 200, 25

o        Bene bounced around the league last season playing in 4 total games before being dropped by the Panthers after giving up a ton of yards to Julio Jones. His best year was 2015 with 59 tackles and 9 passes defensed.

·         Leodis McKelvin 5-10 185, 31

o        McKelvin is at the end of his career. He had 43 tackles, 2 ints and 16 passes defensed this year. Can return punts and kicks as well

·         Sam Shields 5-11 184, 29

o        Concussions led him to play just 1 game in 2016 and might end his career

·         Terrance Newman 5-10 197, 38

o        Newman was solid in his year 38 season with 38 tackles, 1 int, 8 passes defensed

·         Tramon Williams 6-0 192, 33                                               

o        36 tackles, 1 int, 5 passes defensed

·         Leon Hall 5-11 195, 32

o        31 tackles, 1int, 2 passes defensed

Projections: We have a solid group of unknown young guys in Russell, Jackson, Dennard and Shaw that will all be back. I would try to re-sign Kirkpatrick but not break the bank for him if he gets a huge contract. To me he’s the second most important free agent to re-sign. Adding Benwikere might keep us out of the free agent pool but one guy I think they should sign is Leon Hall. He might even be able to play some safety.

Both? Along with shaw, dennard and Jackson? Why?

Dennard is never healthy and when he is he allows an 87 percent completion percentage. So I want to actually get that secondary locked up. I see bouye and Dre k on the boundary with jackson in the slot. I feel like Williams is gonna struggle this year again so Shaw will be playing safety. That's my reasoning for it. We would have an elite secondary for once.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

7 hours ago, akiliMVP said:

Both? Along with shaw, dennard and Jackson? Why?

Because dude acts like the NFL offseason is the latest version of Madden. There's a 0% chance we sign Bouye. 0, zip, zilch, nada, none. Whether Dre Kirkpatrick is re-signed or not, we aren't signing Bouye. It's not happening, he's going to get a $12+ mil annual deal with a lot of guaranteed $$$. The Cincinnati Bengals don't operate that way with players from outside of the organization. We are NOT signing any big names that require loads of guaranteed money in the contract.

Anyway. Re-sign Dre, cut Jones, sign a free agent in the $3-6 mil annual tier for a year or 2 to let our young guys develop more without having to become full time starters. I think what we do in free agency will say a lot about our CB situation in 2017-2018. If we happen to sign a $5-6 million kind of guy, expect him to start opposite Dre Kirk with WJIII, Shaw, and Dennard manning the backup and slot spots. If we sign a typical shit-tier free agent or don't sign one at all of note, that will probably indicate the team is moving forward throwing WJIII into a starter spot immediately. I'm hoping we sign a decent FA to replace Jones, draft another mid-late CB, and give the young guys an extra year of development.

Archived