Free Agent Tracker

On 3/3/2017 at 11:27 AM, turningpoint said:

Agreed, I think he will only get better, you can't teach long rangy arms.

I just don't get it. Unless the report is complete bullshit (could be the case) or the team has talked with Dre's agent and has a feeling he isn't coming back, this doesn't make any sense.

1. The Bengals generally keep their own good players.

2. They always sign their own homegrown players at any position over outside free agents when the talent level, age, and contract is similar.

3. They never go after any of the perceived "top" free agents from other teams. That brings me to... 

4. They don't like losing potential comp picks by signing someone like Ryan, a high priced guy that wasn't cut.

5. Dre is just flat out better than Ryan right now and is probably going to be cheaper or worst case right around the same price. 

I've been thinking about this since the report popped up along with the report of the Stealers and Titans looking Dre's direction. Maybe they know something and the Titans plan to throw the bank at Dre because they like him more than the other UFAs? Or maybe that report is BS too?

I feel that the Bengals should focus on Dre AND bring in an outside CB, not let a proven commodity walk and sign a slightly worse, expensive CB that hasn't taken a snap in stripes.

Everyone is worried about the oline and rightfully so, I am too. I firmly believe this team is in huge trouble if Dre walks though. We need to make him a huge priority, he was excellent in 2016 and you HAVE to reward that, especially with Smackman on the team and who knows what's happening with him. 

I just saw that "the Vikings and some other teams" have interest in Peko.  PLEASE SOMEONE SIGN HIM SAVE THE DUMBFUCK BENGALS FROM THEMSELVES!!!!!!

I would sign hin to close to vet minunum as a backup. Hes no longer a starter but hes a great backup. 1 more year as a backup maybe 20 percent of snaps a gane have billings be starter let him retire a bengal.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

7 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

The Rats always seem to get people. 

They actually try to get ppl. 

The Bengals could as well if they tried. 

It shall be very frustrating to watch Woodhead convert 3rd dows out of the flat repeatedly against us. Hopefully we can bring back AJ Hawk to cover him. 

FREE AGENT FRENZY!!!

3 minutes ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

There was a lot of chat on the radio yesterday saying the pats could make a splash. I'd say they accomplished that. 

Anything other than Gilmore as of yet? Logan Ryan could play the slot or outside and ranked better in most advanced metrics than Gilmore in 2016. I'm not so sure letting Ryan go and paying Gilmore $14M per year is making the best move possible.

It's a splash, you can definitely consider it so, but I don't think Gilmore is miles ahead of Ryan.

Anything other than Gilmore as of yet? Logan Ryan could play the slot or outside and ranked better in most advanced metrics than Gilmore in 2016. I'm not so sure letting Ryan go and paying Gilmore $14M per year is making the best move possible.
It's a splash, you can definitely consider it so, but I don't think Gilmore is miles ahead of Ryan.

Malcom.butler to saints for brandon cooks.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

Archived