Players you dont want at #9

Reuben Foster, he's a banged up LB that plays a high impact position. Bama is known for running their players into the ground because of their ultra competitive practices and by the time they get to the NFL they have the body of a 5 year vet. Foster is a good run defender but the NFL is moving to 4-2-5 base defense and run defending LB's are going the way of the FB. 

Foster is an average pass defender but why spend a top 10 pick on a guy that is basically younger Rey Maualuga with more injury concerns, I would rather get a LB in rounds 2-4 that can cover lb's as we have run stuffers already on the roster. Jayon Brown, Duke Riley, or even Tyus Bowser are more athletic LB's that can cover better than Foster and don't have his injury history. 

I would compare Foster to a luxury car that has engine and axle problems, they are fixable but do you want spend big money on a car with that type of damage. A LB with a documented history of concussions and shoulder concerns are HUGE medical red flags. 

9 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Charles Robinson @CharlesRobinson:

Some #NFL teams are expecting #Clemson WR Mike Williams to run his 40 around 4.65. They're hoping he can do better.

If he's that slow, I don't think you can take him in the top 10. 

On 2/23/2017 at 10:01 AM, Le Tigre said:

Wow. Watching this roller coaster of threads "He's great"..."He's OK"..."He sucks"...

What a ride! 

And once the combine comes and goes, the whole big board will shift around anyway. Talking about the draft in February is like wondering what you'll name your kids before the first date.

If that happens i would take davis.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

Bengals do NOT need to take a top 10 WR regardless of who it is....They'd be better served taking one of the RBs if they can't get one of the defensive players they've got their eyes on.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

3 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

And once the combine comes and goes, the whole big board will shift around anyway. Talking about the draft in February is like wondering what you'll name your kids before the first date.

Lol. You've got that right. 

Fournette

Any WR

Anyone that doesn't play on the o-line or at linebacker for that matter.

For fuck's sake, fix what's broken on this team. I'm not saying to reach for a 2nd round prospect at #9, but if there isn't a top lineman or top LB available at 9? Trade the pick down, I'm sure loads of teams would love to make their way into the top 10, especially if 1 of the 2 safeties or any of the top 3 edge rushers are still there. At least 2 of our first 3 picks should be oline and LB. RBs and WRs are great and all, but Barry Sanders couldn't run behind this line and not even A.J. Green is going to be catching many passes if Dalton is broken in half by week 3. FIX THE FUCKING LINE!!!! ...please?

Fournette
Any WR
For fuck's sake, fix what's broken on this team. I'm not saying to reach for a 2nd round prospect at #9, but if there isn't a top lineman or top LB available at 9? Trade the pick down, I'm sure loads of teams would love to make their way into the top 10, especially if 1 of the 2 safeties or any of the top 3 edge rushers are still there. At least 2 of our first 3 picks should be oline and LB. RBs and WRs are great and all, but Barry Sanders couldn't run behind this line and not even A.J. Green is going to be catching many passes if Dalton is broken in half by week 3. FIX THE FUCKING LINE!!!! ...please?

I dont agree that lb is a need. U can get a leter round one but not in top 2 rounds. We only play 2 lbs 75 percent of the time and thats burfict and vigil. De we should go walker in the second. And then elflien even if we have to trade up for him. Every line can look better if u have a decent center. They make the whole line click.

8 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

Fournette

Any WR

There are good O-linemen that could upgrade the O-line that will be available in rounds 2 through 4.  You don't have to take one in 1.

Especially this year.  This is a weak OT class and an average Guard class.  Not bad at center, but no one "elite".

There are good O-linemen that could upgrade the O-line that will be available in rounds 2 through 4.  You don't have to take one in 1.
Especially this year.  This is a weak OT class and an average Guard class.  Not bad at center, but no one "elite".

My top 2 olinemen are elflien and feeney. Love elflien due to his versatility. 2 time 1st team all american at guard 1 time 1st team all american at center. Feeney is jjust a stud. I actually think there are 5-6 starting guards in the top 75 rounds.

8 hours ago, Jpoore said:

I dont agree that lb is a need. U can get a leter round one but not in top 2 rounds. We only play 2 lbs 75 percent of the time and thats burfict and vigil. De we should go walker in the second. And then elflien even if we have to trade up for him. Every line can look better if u have a decent center. They make the whole line click.

Sure, LB isn't a need. A fucking dinosaur version of Karlos Dansby took over SEVENTY (70!!!!!) PERCENT of our defensive snaps last year. Rey Maualuga had 30%. Vincent Rey had 55%. Which fucking universe do you live in as a Bengals fan to post most of the shit that you do?

6 hours ago, Jason said:

Yeah that's why I wouldn't have a problem trading our #9 away and not even ending up with a very high pick this year. I wouldn't hate seeing a pass rusher at #9, but I really, really, really don't want to see RB or WR.

20 minutes ago, Jpoore said:

Lb is not a 1st round need wr or de is. Rey takes over the 30 percent of snaps that malaluga got vigil takes over dansbys role. Problem solved.

Don't focus too much on need with any pick, but especially top 10.  Take the best guy on the board.

Archived