RBs - D'Onta Foreman

With all of the uncertainty at the RB position (Gio:ACL rehab, Burkhead:FA, Hill: sucks), it would be wise for us to draft D'Onte Foreman from Texas.  Hopefully he's there in the third, but this would be good for two reasons.

1.  If Gio comes back fully healthy, we'll have two solid backs with different styles.  Foreman also has the size to be the bellcow

2.  With so much emphasis on defenses being smaller and faster, having a bruising back will be a good thing for us.  At 6'1", 250 he's got really good quickness and finishes runs pretty well.  Shazier won't be as fast in the 4th quarter as he is in the 1st after trying to tackle Foreman for 3 quarters.  

This is an assumption on my part b/c I didn't really pay attention to his pass protection, but hopefully he can fill that role and he shouldn't get overwhelmed by blitzing LBs as Gio does sometimes.  This could save some wear and tear on Gio and maybe they could even be on the field together.  

Outside of D. Cook, I think Foreman would be the best back for us to draft in terms of our division and the personnel we already have on our squad...even over Fournette.  Are there any backs you'd be interested in drafting?

With all of the uncertainty at the RB position (Gio:ACL rehab, Burkhead:FA, Hill: sucks), it would be wise for us to draft D'Onte Foreman from Texas.  Hopefully he's there in the third, but this would be good for two reasons.
1.  If Gio comes back fully healthy, we'll have two solid backs with different styles.  Foreman also has the size to be the bellcow
2.  With so much emphasis on defenses being smaller and faster, having a bruising back will be a good thing for us.  At 6'1", 250 he's got really good quickness and finishes runs pretty well.  Shazier won't be as fast in the 4th quarter as he is in the 1st after trying to tackle Foreman for 3 quarters.  
This is an assumption on my part b/c I didn't really pay attention to his pass protection, but hopefully he can fill that role and he shouldn't get overwhelmed by blitzing LBs as Gio does sometimes.  This could save some wear and tear on Gio and maybe they could even be on the field together.  

Outside of D. Cook, I think Foreman would be the best back for us to draft in terms of our division and the personnel we already have on our squad...even over Fournette.  Are there any backs you'd be interested in drafting?

I think joe mixon who we can get in the 4th is the best back in the draft. He can return punts his one handed catches are a thing to behold and he can bowl people over. He's also very patient his player comp is Levon bell.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

James Conner is my guy.

he might not have the greatest long speed in the class, but he's pretty slippery and he's got great feet for such a big dude...kinda reminds me of rookie year Icky Woods in that way.

bonus: great hands, great blocker, great kid

Archived