My 9 Combine Players to Watch for the #9 Pick

I'm not really sold on Taco either. He didn't even start until his senior year and I feel like half of his reputation is off of the OSU game when he faced a RT that struggled mightily all season (like Ogbuehi did for us). 

The one Michigan guy who I find intriguing is Jehu Chesson. He was their best WR as a junior and looked really fast. But he hurt his ankle in the bowl game and had a bit of a down senior year. Flying way under the radar right now and I think you can get him late in the Marvin Jones/Cody Core 5th-6th round range. 

6 hours ago, Jason said:

What position group is he in at the combine?

Peppers is working out with the LB's since that was his official position at Michigan. 

So he'll basically be the fastest LB in combine history (and maybe the lightest at 213 lbs). 

12 minutes ago, akiliMVP said:

I think Peppers drops to round 2. Taylor Mays 2.0

he might drop to r2 but he's a waaaaay better athlete than Mays was.

and before you bring it up, I know what Mays' combine numbers looked like, he blew it up......there was no fluidity to his game whatsoever though, he was stiff as a board in everything he did, like a bodybuilder trying to play football.

Peppers is the exact opposite of that however, he's an extremely fluid athlete. 

Just now, spicoli said:

he might drop to r2 but he's a waaaaay better athlete than Mays was.

and before you bring it up, I know what Mays' combine numbers looked like, he blew it up......there was no fluidity to his game whatsoever though, he was stiff as a board in everything he did, like a bodybuilder trying to play football.

Peppers is the exact opposite of that however, he's an extremely fluid athlete. 

Eh I don't Peppers is all that fluid either. He looks good in pads and stuff but he just doesn't do it for me.

I don't like his size or his coverage ability. 

Just now, akiliMVP said:

Eh I don't Peppers is all that fluid either. He looks good in pads and stuff but he just doesn't do it for me.

I don't like his size or his coverage ability. 

oh I don't like him as a prospect either, not at all really.

I do think he's fun to watch with the ball in his hands however....whatever that's worth. 

1 minute ago, spicoli said:

oh I don't like him as a prospect either, not at all really.

I do think he's fun to watch with the ball in his hands however....whatever that's worth. 

Yeah he is definitely fluid as a returner. Very strange prospect.

I think Peppers drops to round 2. Taylor Mays 2.0

Disagree.

I agree with Black Jesus. I think Jabril Peppers is a game-changing athlete. I said months ago, and I stand by it... athletically, he reminds of Patrick Peterson, but his closest recent NFL equivalent is Eric Weddle.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

4 hours ago, Jpoore said:

As far as talent. Where u gonna play him safety? He dosent have coverage skills. Lb too small plus cant cover tight ends.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

Deone Buccannon plays LB at 215. He would be the safety/linebacker hybrid that every team is looking for these days.

Most teams play nickel defense the majority of the time and he can give your defense scheme flexibility. 

His versatility is his greatest strength and will get him drafted well before the 4th round.

Archived