Bengals want Leonard Fournette, per NFL Network

10 minutes ago, Jpoore said:

Lol no. I personally dont think hes even in the conversation But that vert is atrocious. His other drills havent been great either.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

Doesn't really matter what his vert is. His game tape is ridiculous. He ran the fastest 40 yard dash of any back 240 lbs since 2003. Like him or not, he's an elite prospect. 

Doesn't really matter what his vert is. His game tape is ridiculous. He ran the fastest 40 yard dash of any back 240 lbs since 2003. Like him or not, he's an elite prospect. 

Yeah and that might have been fine in the old days. Nowadays u have to be able to catch the ball out of the backfield. Look at the best backs in the league. Zeke, dj, bell, ap, freeman, martin, miller, etc.

dude everybody knew Fournette wasn't going to be some kind of elite receiving threat out of the backfield, that's just not the kind of back he is...it doesn't change the fact that he's one of the very best players in this class however....in this draft he absolutely will be a top 5-6 pick unless he gets caught smoking crack between now and April 27th.

dude everybody knew Fournette wasn't going to be some kind of elite receiving threat out of the backfield, that's just not the kind of back he is...it doesn't change the fact that he's one of the very best players in this class however....in this draft he absolutely will be a top 5-6 pick unless he gets caught smoking crack between now and April 27th.

Hes probably in terms of pure runner the 3rd maybe even the 4th best back on this draft class. Not doing it at 9. I honestly think he goes in the late teens. Its the same argument with de. Im not taking the 4th best player at any position with the 9th pick.

Fournette may not be an "elite" receiver, but it's not like he has brick hands either.

All im saying is i want a guy who can go and get it. Hell some of the olineman had almost as much of a vert as he did and they have 60-90 pounds on him. In this league the best backs are dual threats. He is not. Same with foreman.

So, for the Bengals crappy offensive line, they are trying to resign their 35 y/o LT, hoping their LG returns from shoulder surgery, praying their average Center improves, letting their pretty good RG walk in free agency, and don't have a clue who the RT is going to be....they believe the fix is drafting a RB at 9.

1 hour ago, Jpoore said:

Hes probably in terms of pure runner the 3rd maybe even the 4th best back on this draft class. Not doing it at 9. I honestly think he goes in the late teens. Its the same argument with de. Im not taking the 4th best player at any position with the 9th pick.

Once again you are making up shit to support your off base opinions...Name 2 RBs in this draft better than Fournette.

You are coming off like a sports talk radio host that is trying to get ratings up by saying crazy shit to get a reaction from would be listeners.

12 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

So, for the Bengals crappy offensive line, they are trying to resign their 35 y/o LT, hoping their LG returns from shoulder surgery, praying their average Center improves, letting their pretty good RG walk in free agency, and don't have a clue who the RT is going to be....they believe the fix is drafting a RB at 9.

I'm with ya, but they're going to have the same problems with or without Fournette

49 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

so they should do what, reach for an o-lineman that has no business being taken that high?

you think they should pass on a premium player just so they can take a non-premium player because they happen to have a need there? 

you really think that makes sense?

c'mon man.

I'd rate them Fournette, Mixon and Cook in terms of running ability.

Cook is the best receiver of the bunch. He's what modern NFL teams want at RB. He has a lot of negative runs. Gets his yards on chunk plays. Not a bad runner just a couple notches below Fournette. He has had several off the field issues that are concerning.

Mixon would be a lock for the first without the arrest. He's a good runner and receiver. Not as good a runner as Fournette or as good a receiver as Cook. Still damn good at both. Most complete back in the draft. Who knows how far he drops. Could be a PR nightmare.

Fournette is the best pure runner in the draft. He's an old school style of back. Elite power, agility and speed. He isn't a bad receiver he just wasn't asked to do it as much. 

7 hours ago, spicoli said:

but really he's not, Christian McCaffery is....and it's not close. 

I was only including the top 3 I highlighted.

Not a fan of McCaffrey. He's a 3rd down back or KR only. And he can't pass block. Shane Vereen type of player.

9 hours ago, spicoli said:

so they should do what, reach for an o-lineman that has no business being taken that high?

you think they should pass on a premium player just so they can take a non-premium player because they happen to have a need there? 

you really think that makes sense?

c'mon man.

This is ridiculous. They pick at 9. There are premium players available. No one said they should pick another OL. They already fucked that up with Fisher and Turnstile. But it makes no sense to pick a RB that high when you can't give him holes to run through. This isn't Dallas, and no, Zeke Elliot wouldn't look like a HOF RB behind our line. Use this valuable pick to improve in another area (DL, S, LB). Pick someone who won't be so dependent upon the players in front of him. 

With this current OL, your offensive production is probably going to be capped. May as well try the Denver model and build a defense that can compensate for it. 

You can pretty much rule out Foster at #9 now.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story/_/id/18818375/reuben-foster-alabama-crimson-tide-booted-combine-argument

Concussions, bad shoulder that still needs 4 months to heal and he can't keep his cool waiting on his medical exams for the NFL Combine.  Might be a target to move up and grab at the bottom of 1 or top of 2 but I can't see them pulling the trigger at 9 on him.

18 hours ago, High School Harry said:
Food for thought.... I'M licking this guy a lot but not a snowball's chance in Hell he's there at 9.  He might not even be there at 6.  Cook, however, ain't too shabby.

Fournette didn't show the elite athleticism some expected. 4.5 ain't shabby, but it isn't 4.4. Overall, his measurables showed a lack of "elite" burst.

However, he did much better than expected in the passing drills, and his measurables are still fantastic. Mayock thinks he's top 5 at this point, time will tell.

14 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Overall, his measurables showed a lack of "elite" burst.

lol running a 4.5 at 240lbs is the equivalent of a 185lb player running a 4.25....so I'm not really sure where the problem lies in that 40 time.

also, all you have to do is watch his tape to see that he absolutely does have an "elite" burst.

keep in mind as well, he'll likely be playing at 230...

Archived