Possibilities at 9

5 minutes ago, spicoli said:

he'll never make it past the Titans, IMO

Is there really a chance the Titans don't take whichever safety they grade higher?

Brice McCain actually had a good year in 2016 despite being dog shit previously. McCourty was whatever and looks like he could be released due to that salary, but we'll see. Honest question though, who are their safeties? I'm not even joking, I watch waaaay too much football outside of the Bengals and I don't think I could name the Titans starting safeties right now.

2 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

If we lose Dre, you better bet your ass Adam Jones is on the 53 regardless of who he spits on or punches.

The only thing keeping Jones off the roster if Kirkpatrick walks is jailtime.

Given Adam's history, and [sarcasm]Goodell's fairness toward and love for the Bengals[/sarcasm] I wouldn't be at all surprised if Jones receives a significant suspension.

5 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Is there really a chance the Titans don't take whichever safety they grade higher?

it's probably either/or....they're definitely in dire need for secondary help at both positions.

just a guess but I'd say the CB will win out but you never know. 

1 minute ago, spicoli said:

I wouldn't be upset with a trade down but they've already got 11 picks so I would say it's probably unlikely. 

I wouldn't mind seeing a trade down from #9 but then packaging some picks later to move up. This draft looks like one where it wouldn't be terrible to end up with something like 3 picks in the 2nd round opposed to a top 10 pick with a bunch of late rounders.

My take: I would never take a RB in the first round. Their shelf life is too short. I have heard reports that Mike Williams might run in the 4.65 range. If that's the case he is off the board for me. it moves Corey Davis up because I think the dropoff at WR is substantial this year. There are 6 DL listed there. That tells me that we can probably get a good one at 41. Maybe not, I am sure some of the other draftniks here know more there. I like Reuben Foster. I am starting to really warmup to these safeties who I keep hearing could be total game changers.

My order would be
Myles Garrett
Corey Davis 
Reuben Foster
Malik Hooker
Jamal Adams

Jamal adams is not a fit due to being a ss in the nfl. Demarcus walker would be a huge pi kup at 41

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

let's put it this way, nobody is going to use a top 10 draft pick on an in the box safety and Adams will be long gone before we ever get on the clock.

he's completely interchangeable, every bit as good in the passing game as he is in the running game. 

well here's a strange turn of events...

Gold Rush‏ @levisstadium49 
RT zain49ers: Reuben Foster sent home from the combine for arguing with a hospital official. He was my draft crush, too...d'oh.

Matt Miller‏Verified account @nfldraftscout 
I'm told Reuben Foster incident happened yesterday. Teams are working to get more details.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
Reuben Foster was scheduled to do team interviews tonight and team tests Saturday; now scheduled to fly home to Tuscaloosa on Saturday.

Brandon Howard‏ @bhoward_81 
What's happening w/ Reuben Foster is a great example of why no prospects stock is ever a lock.

Sources: Ex-Alabama LB Reuben Foster booted from NFL combine

Still love him. Nasty little bugger. 

Have to agree with Jason that Lattimore is absolutely an option at #9. I would be shocked if a corner isn't off the board by the time we pick. 

On 3/3/2017 at 1:09 PM, Jason said:

Given Adam's history, and [sarcasm]Goodell's fairness toward and love for the Bengals[/sarcasm] I wouldn't be at all surprised if Jones receives a significant suspension.

They need to wait and see if we cut him before they do that.  How do you expect Goodell to determine the length of the suspension without knowing what team he's playing for?

More and more I am thinking that the pick should be Taco Charlton.  He fits our biggest need exactly.  Perfect as a 3-down, right-side DE in our 4-3.  Really impressive player, but not so impressive that he won't be available at #9.  Although Carolina at #8 is a possibility.  

Archived