Possibilities at 9

2 hours ago, akiliMVP said:

It would be interesting what we do if Lattimore is the BPA. I don't see the need for a CB at all but he'd be the clear BPA. The chance is so slim he'll be there at 9 so I haven't put a lot of thought into it.

Let's just hope he is drafted, it just means that there is one other guy available, i really hope Hooker makes it to us.

3 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Dude also think Brandon LaFell is the worst #2 in the league and would take "any other #2 over him", thinks we can trade 2018 comp picks before we even have them, called Foster "Rey Maualuga 2.0" and would take 3 other LBs over him, and had the gem of if a guy punched out his daughter after she slapped him he'd tell her "it's your own damn fault".

I think projecting Lattimore as a top 5 CB all time is in the realm of possibilities when considering the source :lol:

You can trade comp picks before you have them.  

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/03/04/2016-nfl-draft-outlook/98698342/

Write up by Bob Mcginn about the draft. He's kind of a draft guru. Usually has one of the best mocks every year. This article is written from the Packer's perspective but he gives a good rundown of most first round players. This is where I saw the knock about Fosters off the field issues.

He doesn't have malik hooker as a top 25.....weird.

6 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

If you had to replace your third cb or your starting TE which position is easier to replace with or current roster?  It's a no brainer

So you think the bengals would actually play lattimore? haha, he has to earn his strips.....dre, M3, Pacman and dennard are priority duh.

1 hour ago, omgdrdoom said:

If the Bengals take OJ Howard it's because they're either planning for Eifert to want more money than they're willing to pay, planning to let Eifert walk, aren't happy with Kroft/Uzomah and want an upgrade for the backups, or they aren't happy with Kroft/Uzomah and want to run more 2 TE sets.

If the Bengals take OJ Howard it's not because Eifert gets hurt sometimes.

I will say that "shit, that Eifert dude does find a way to get injured each year" could cross their minds when they're having a talk about drafting someone like Howard, but that's the extent of it. You don't use top 10 picks or pay high priced free agents to be on standby just because you feel like someone without a recurring injury could possibly get hurt during the season.

Maybe but we all thought that the drafting of WJ3 last year signaled an end to Dre K being here this year.

I really think they just stick to their BPA philosophy and as much as I am 'meh about a TE, if he is their BPA they take him.

Thats overkill at a position of strength. We shouldn't be drafting our 3rd CB when we don't have a pass rusher or OL or 2nd WR to speak of. Even taking a TE makes more sense thatn a CB. 

How is cb a position of strength?we have 1 old cb that probably wont be on the team then we have wjii who we have no clue what hes gonna be we have dennard whose always hurt u have russell with his whole 1 nfl snap benkeweere and shaw who are below average.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

I'd say they were interested in locking him up for the price he was given on a long term deal. I think it's obvious that he's trying to play his way to a bigger contract next offseason whether it's here or not, and we obviously aren't going to extend Burfict AND give Minter a big contract too.
He either plays mediocre or worse and we let him leave because of poor performance or else he plays well and gets a bigger contract elsewhere since we aren't going to pay both him and Burfict. He's pretty much a 1 year rental regardless of how he plays.

Well we have a lot of rollover this year... Im assuming were gonna extend efifert this offseason. So really all we have next year is burfict who should sign for 7-8 million. Mitner actually expreased a desire to be here long term so we get him around 7 they could do that.

12 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

If you had to replace your third cb or your starting TE which position is easier to replace with or current roster?  It's a no brainer

The team could very well be planning on releasing Adam Jones if one of their top CBs fall into their lap in the draft. Hell, they may be planning to let go of Jones regardless because of his performance last year.

Your third CB plays a lot of snaps, it's not really the same as your third QB or third LT which I'm sure you understand.

I see what you're saying about TE which is why I've said I actually want Howard if the team plans to let Eifert walk or thinks he'll be too expensive come next offseason. I just don't see a big difference between TE and CB depth this year if we plan to retain Eifert.

10 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

You can trade comp picks before you have them.  

Yeah I just read the article on that after you said it. I knew they changed it so you can trade comps, but contingent comps? That's fucking ODD. Has there been any/many trades involving comp contingencies since the rule change?

Thanks for pointing that out, and sorry jpoore for getting on you about that before. I like to learn new things and I had no clue that you could trade picks that you don't even know if you're getting, hah.

2 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Maybe but we all thought that the drafting of WJ3 last year signaled an end to Dre K being here this year.

I really think they just stick to their BPA philosophy and as much as I am 'meh about a TE, if he is their BPA they take him.

I like BPA in this specific draft at our spot. It seems like the way to go whether it's Lattimore, Hooker, Allen, Foster, Howard, Williams, or whoever the hell else it could be.

2 minutes ago, Jpoore said:

How is cb a position of strength?we have 1 old cb that probably wont be on the team then we have wjii who we have no clue what hes gonna be we have dennard whose always hurt u have russell with his whole 1 nfl snap benkeweere and shaw who are below average.

Yeah I think our CB "depth" is overrated because it's full of mid-late first rounders. Dennard isn't very good. WJIII should be an excellent outside CB though, but we have no idea at this very moment. Shaw is overrated by a lot of fans IMO. Adam Jones is on the steep decline and could be easily cut.

I would say based on the talent on the roster there is really on 3 positions that are in play at #9: DL, RB, and possibly DB. If Fournette makes it to #9 I think the Bengals would take him, if Thomas or Allen make it then they are the pick. As far as DE is concerned there is some debate but I really like Derek Barnett's production over Charlton's potential and size, at the end of the day football is a production based business and Barnett has a excellent track record providing results. He may not be the biggest or fastest guy, but he knows how to play and get the job done. 
As for LB, it's clearly noted that I like Reddick as the best fit for the Bengals if they go LB at #9, the Kevin Minter signing and the fact that Maualuga is still on the roster makes me think they don't want to draft Foster to be the MLB of the future. 
We could go WR or TE but those guys would barely see the field to justify a top 10 pick, besides I think Uzomah and Kroft are capable back-ups and no team drafts a 4th WR at #9 and that's what any rookie WR would be, at best. We have Cody Core and Alex Erickson, to fill that role, the economics dictate they won't take a WR in the first round.  

If we draft a wr at 9, he would be the number 2 by mid season. Makes me think more and more that wr is where were going since lafell isnt guarenteed any money his second year.

Just now, Jpoore said:

His potential is that. Thats all i was saying. His potential is top 5 all time.

Yeah I understand... I just don't know how you can say that after 1 year of starting in college, he could be one of the best players in the history of the game. That is ridiculously high praise for a guy who is a good but not great prospect. You can say he has pro bowl potential and nobody would disagree. 

Dude also think Brandon LaFell is the worst #2 in the league and would take "any other #2 over him", thinks we can trade 2018 comp picks before we even have them, called Foster "Rey Maualuga 2.0" and would take 3 other LBs over him, and had the gem of if a guy punched out his daughter after she slapped him he'd tell her "it's your own damn fault".
I think projecting Lattimore as a top 5 CB all time is in the realm of possibilities when considering the source

How many first year players are top 5 picks?? His potential is what i was saying... And how would it not be her fault if she slaps someone she should expect to get slapped back guy or girl. And i would take reddick, mcmillan and cunningham over foster on our team. And lafell is the worst number 2. I say all that and stand by it.

Yeah I think our CB "depth" is overrated because it's full of mid-late first rounders. Dennard isn't very good. WJIII should be an excellent outside CB though, but we have no idea at this very moment. Shaw is overrated by a lot of fans IMO. Adam Jones is on the steep decline and could be easily cut.

The point is this. Would i want a cb even though i think hes the next bailey/revis? No. But i wouldnt be up in arms about it. Now if they drafted a dt or olineman...... Another story altogether. But yeah we basically have one proven starter thats great and that was one year in dre k.

Yeah I understand... I just don't know how you can say that after 1 year of starting in college, he could be one of the best players in the history of the game. That is ridiculously high praise for a guy who is a good but not great prospect. You can say he has pro bowl potential and nobody would disagree. 

Well he had a 25 passer rating against him this year.... I just see him he was thrown at once in psu game against a reciever thats a second round pick now in godwin and it was incomplete. Shut down dede westbrook. I see revis/bailey in him at least. My basis of this is hes a one year player. How much better could he get with more playing time??

3 minutes ago, Jpoore said:

The point is this. Would i want a cb even though i think hes the next bailey/revis? No. But i wouldnt be up in arms about it. Now if they drafted a dt or olineman...... Another story altogether. But yeah we basically have one proven starter thats great and that was one year in dre k.

Jackson is just as unproven as an NFL player as Lattimore or any other rookie CB though. 

I think pretty much anyone we draft #9 is going to be a backup at first.

An end would probably see the most snaps at first but still sit behind Johnson and Clarke. I'm not a big fan of any end who will be available at 9 really.

A DT could see some snaps opposite Geno but there are none worth the 9th pick.

We are set with starters at LB with Vigil, Burfict and Minter. Rey M and Vinny Rey backups. A rookie would be buried on the depth chart.

Corner we are locked in with WJ3, Kirk, Jones (for now), Dennard, Shaw and Bene. At best a rookie would be 4th on the depth chart.

A safety could possibly start but I'm not sure they'd bench the 2 guys they just paid.

At receiver Green, Lafell and Boyd are locked in as the top 3.

Obviously Eifert starts at tight end.

I could see a rookie back starting over Hill but I doubt we take one #9.

Only OT worth the 9th pick is Ramzcyk and I highly doubt we take him unless they've given up on Ced. No indication of that has been made.

A lot of truth to this post.

All the more reason to go BPA.  Or take someone close who brings something to the table you don't already have.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

A lot of truth to this post.

All the more reason to go BPA.  Or take someone close who brings something to the table you don't already have.

Still trying to convince everyone how great of an idea John Ross is, eh?

On 3/23/2017 at 11:29 AM, omgdrdoom said:

Yeah I just read the article on that after you said it. I knew they changed it so you can trade comps, but contingent comps? That's fucking ODD. Has there been any/many trades involving comp contingencies since the rule change?

Thanks for pointing that out, and sorry jpoore for getting on you about that before. I like to learn new things and I had no clue that you could trade picks that you don't even know if you're getting, hah.

Browns have traded future comp. picks a couple times already. I think they moved one in the Philly trade for Wentz and traded one for Jamie Collins. 

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2017/03/81084/video-top-nfl-draft-prospect-malik-hooker-shows-off-one-handed-catching-abilities?amp
Just gonna put this here
Guys got HANDS. I wasnt gonnna be super excited if we got hooker, but more and more i hope he gets pact chargers and gets to us.

On 3/23/2017 at 2:20 PM, omgdrdoom said:

Who said WJIII sucked?

It's funny, a lot of people have forgotten about him....

We're pretty much gaining 3 1st round draft picks this year...

CedO will be playing his natural position and WJ3....plus whoever we draft at 9....this team is reloading with talent from what we already have, just most fans are blind and want us to make a LAVARLEAP!!!

Archived