Reuben Foster Kicked Out of Combine

Alabama LB Reuben Foster, top-10 prospect, sent home from NFL combine after incident

Eric Edholm,Shutdown Corner 8 hours ago 

INDIANAPOLIS — Alabama linebacker Reuben Foster was sent home from the NFL scouting combine following a heated argument with a hospital worker, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter. Yahoo Sports confirmed that Foster had a run-in with the employee Thursday and was sent home Friday.

Foster, the 2016 Butkus Award winner and a potential top-10 pick in the 2017 NFL draft, was at the combine only to be measured, medically evaluated following rotator cuff surgery and interviewed by teams. He was unable to work out this week or at his Wednesday pro day because of the injury.

Bleacher Report’s Matt Miller reported that Foster’s interviews did not go well with teams this week.

Alabama LB Reuben Foster was sent home from the NFL scouting combine. (AP)

It’s unclear what led to the argument, but one team source indicated that it might have stemmed from a disagreement over how Foster’s shoulder was being handled by the worker. Yahoo Sports’ Charles Robinson added some more context to this odd story.

Two years ago, Todd Gurley — who eventually became the 10th overall pick in the 2015 draft — refused to let combine doctors evaluate his surgically repaired knee and reportedly got terse with at least one person who repeatedly requested that Gurley grant permission to look at it.

Foster is roundly viewed as being the best inside linebacker in this draft class after his 115-tackle, five-sack senior season for the Crimson Tide, who lost to Clemson in the national championship. But this incident could have an effect on his draft stock if teams are worried about his character and could end up costing him a few million dollars the farther he slides.

44 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Recovering from an injury? Anger issues? Sounds like a Bengal to me.

I made a similar comment on the site I took that from. If he's still there at 9, I would not be surprised to see the Bengals do their annual trade down and try to get him a bit lower.

But the thought of him and Burfict as two of the three linebackers looks better all the time.

How about Foster in the first, Mixon in the second (as Kenny said and I agree with) ... the media would go ape shit over that.

From Twiter:

Foster grew impatient with long line for exams... pulled the 'do you know who I am?' card.

A male hospital employee, unimpressed, told him he would wait like everyone else.

Foster warned the man that he'd put hands on him, and the employee said, simply, Do it.

That's when the "face to face, heated exchange" happened, as Schefter reported.

2 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

From Twiter:

Foster grew impatient with long line for exams... pulled the 'do you know who I am?' card.

A male hospital employee, unimpressed, told him he would wait like everyone else.

Foster warned the man that he'd put hands on him, and the employee said, simply, Do it.

That's when the "face to face, heated exchange" happened, as Schefter reported.

I want to draft the hospital employee.  Sounds like a stand up guy and bad ass who won't be intimidated.  Can he coach?

Just now, High School Harry said:

I want to draft the hospital employee.  Sounds like a stand up guy and bad ass who won't be intimidated.  Can he coach?

"Sure, go ahead and hit me "Guy who's about to become a millionaire". I'm in a room with tons of security and you can pay for my kid's medical school."

I doubt that anyone in that room doesn't know Pac just paid out $200K to the nurse he spit on. If you've got an extra $200K lying around, I'll send you my home address and you can come over and punch me as hard as you like. Just watch out, my wife's Ex-Navy and is one hell of a shot.

Roman slave masters sold their meanest, strongest, fastest, slaves to the galadatorial schools for huge sums, knowing that the longer they stayed alive, they would net the most money for the next sale. The Bread and Circus population would fill arenas to be entertained by these killers. Every one was entertained, rich, or alive. No one cared what their personality flaws might be. 

Why does anyone in this day and time care about personality flaws in these highly-paid new-gladiators? 

8 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Roman slave masters sold their meanest, strongest, fastest, slaves to the galadatorial schools for huge sums, knowing that the longer they stayed alive, they would net the most money for the next sale. The Bread and Circus population would fill arenas to be entertained by these killers. Every one was entertained, rich, or alive. No one cared what their personality flaws might be. 

Why does anyone in this day and time care about personality flaws in these highly-paid new-gladiators? 

I laughed when teams and the media started being overly concerned. Football players were hardly ever choir boys. I have no problem with teams signing players with a checkered past. But as TDub just alluded to, it's annoying that the media decides which teams can do it.

4 minutes ago, Jpoore said:

A 5"10 outside reciever? Pass unless hes there late second.

Right?  If the NFL ever decides to replace the Super Bowl with a 40-yard dash contest we can sign him from whatever practice squad he lands on.  I'm sure to say this a few more times before it's done but draft hype is ridiculous.

Right?  If the NFL ever decides to replace the Super Bowl with a 40-yard dash contest we can sign him from whatever practice squad he lands on.  I'm sure to say this a few more times before it's done but draft hype is ridiculous.

Right? We drafted a speed guy couple years back how did that turn out?

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

except John Ross was pretty much considered a 1st round pick BEFORE he blistered a 4.2.

not to say I want him at 9 or anything but if a guy like Brandin Cooks can be a top 20 pick and star in the NFL, so can John Ross.

3 hours ago, spicoli said:

except John Ross was pretty much considered a 1st round pick BEFORE he blistered a 4.2.

not to say I want him at 9 or anything but if a guy like Brandin Cooks can be a top 20 pick and star in the NFL, so can John Ross.

I was of course being facetious, I think we can do better than a WR at 9, but I'm surprised so many people just assume he's a workout warrior.  As you say, the guy is a very accomplished and effective receiver regardless of whether he's also the fastest player ever.

for those who want a LB at 9, my advice is turn your focus away from Reuben Foster and turn it towards Haason Reddick.

Reddick checks every box-

-great kid

-great player

-great production

-position versatility

-off the charts athleticism

some team will likely take Foster in the first round despite his ignorance and some team will take Reddick in the first round....if I had to bet on it, I'd say Reddick will have the much longer much more productive career in the NFL.

Haason Reddick is 21 on my big board. He won't last that long.

Haason Reddick: 4.52/1.60, 36.5" vt, 11'1" broad is as impressive a day you'll see outside Myles.

10 minutes ago, spicoli said:

for those who want a LB at 9, my advice is turn your focus away from Reuben Foster and turn it towards Haason Reddick.

Reddick checks every box-

-great kid

-great player

-great production

-position versatility

-off the charts athleticism

some team will likely take Foster in the first round despite his ignorance and some team will take Reddick in the first round....if I had to bet on it, I'd say Reddick will have the much longer much more productive career in the NFL.

Haason Reddick is 21 on my big board. He won't last that long.

Haason Reddick: 4.52/1.60, 36.5" vt, 11'1" broad is as impressive a day you'll see outside Myles.

I'm down. He can blitz and cover. Can play inside or outside. 

6 minutes ago, akiliMVP said:

I'm down. He can blitz and cover. Can play inside or outside. 

yeah he's seriously as versatile as they come....converted DB who they put on the DL because they thought that's where he could impact the most for them, all he did was rack up 10 sacks and 23 tackles for loss.

Reminds me of Khalil Mack in that way. 

Just now, spicoli said:

yeah he's seriously as versatile as they come....converted DB who they put on the DL because they thought that's where he could impact the most for them....all he did was rack up 10 sacks and 23 tackles for loss.

Reminds me of Khalil Mack in that way. 

NFL.com profile compares him to Ryan Shazier.

Given Foster's lack of character and injury concerns I'd take Reddick over him.

He was moved to MLB at the Senior Bowl and was arguably the best guy there. Just put on a show at the combine.

48 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

I was of course being facetious, I think we can do better than a WR at 9, but I'm surprised so many people just assume he's a workout warrior.  As you say, the guy is a very accomplished and effective receiver regardless of whether he's also the fastest player ever.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap3000000790005/Which-team-would-be-a-good-match-for-John-Ross

Archived