Reuben Foster Kicked Out of Combine

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

I wouldn't rule out Foster yet.  From what Mayock was saying they refined his tackling a little, and he's more heads up now and the concussions are a thing of the past.  And he issued an apology over the incident at the combine.

I'd still rather have Reddick in all honesty.....just something about Foster I don't trust.

10 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I'd still rather have Reddick in all honesty

Didn't he actually play DE at Temple though?  Does that make him a bit of a project?  Plus we know they like big school production in 1.  And Reddick isn't currently rated close to the top 10.

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

Didn't he actually play DE at Temple though?  Does that make him a bit of a project?  Plus we know they like big school production in 1.  And Reddick isn't currently rated close to the top 10.

Reddick played DE/3-4 OLB just because that's where they thought he would help them the most, he really could have played anywhere simply because he was the best player on the field.....he responded with 10 sacks 24 tackles for loss....he started his career there as a DB and then they figured out what a freak athlete he was.

at the SR bowl they moved him to MLB and he was the best player on the field and had no problem whatsoever covering RB's and TE's.

I guess there are people out there that would say he's a reach just because he played for Temple and he wasn't that widely known before the draft season kicked off....he really isn't though, and that's because he checks off all the boxes- freak athlete, great kid, great production, position versatility, etc.

as far as the Bengals and big schools....do you think that would have kept them from drafting a guy like Khalil Mack a couple years ago if they would have had the opportunity?

the comparison is a fair one, IMO. 

couldn't agree more.
the way I see it, draft Reddick at 9 and move Vigil to the middle....or....keep Vigil on the strongside and draft Rake McMillan at 41 to play the middle.
either way that LB unit is golden for the next 5 years.

I would say more like 3-4 years due to microfracrure surgery is like a ticking time bomb. Hasnt showed up yet but still.... And guenther has already stated that vigil is going to be the starting sam lb come training camp. MAN that is RARE for us to have a full time starter in hia second year. Can u twll me the last time the bengals did that on defense?? Can not understate that. That speak earthquake level volumes on how good vigil is. (Maybe burficts comparisons to luke kuechly were spot on?) and yeah if we went mcmillan in the middle with burfict and vigil on the outside?? Mcmillan is not the most athletic guy hes very athletic but hes great athleticism not elite. But like burfict he just has a nose for the football and is always around the football no matter what. His football iq is what sets him apart. But his project 40 time was 4.78 so he probably got himself into late first with the combine. And if no lb i would still be okay with the burfict and vigil on outside rey in middle.honestly there are about 4 guys i want in the second round and really nobody else mcmillan, elflien, kpassagnon, and walker.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

According to Damien Woody on ESPN radio this morning, he said he doesn't blame Foster for being testy. He told the audience that on his first day of camp it was all medical and that he was awoken at 5AM and didn't get out of the hospital until 10PM that night because so many teams wanted to demand tests, x-rays, etc...often over the littlest things. So maybe that's some perspective there.

14 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

According to Damien Woody on ESPN radio this morning, he said he doesn't blame Foster for being testy. He told the audience that on his first day of camp it was all medical and that he was awoken at 5AM and didn't get out of the hospital until 10PM that night because so many teams wanted to demand tests, x-rays, etc...often over the littlest things. So maybe that's some perspective there.

No one else got in a fight and went home. 

14 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

but surely he wasn't the only one that happened to right?

I'm sure there were plenty of other guys that endured the same shit and managed to keep it together and not to act like jackholes.

9 hours ago, Bunghole said:

With several million dollars on the line in contract money, perhaps he could have put up with it.  Suck it up and grow up, kid.

Easy for us to say. That's a seventeen hour day in a hospital! Also, Woody went on to talk about how much of a cat and mouse game it was between the players and the teams, with the players viewing the teams as "the enemy of my money" and trying to hide everything, reveal nothing voluntarily, and that everyone knew it was all kind of a sham process. Under those circumstances, I can understand why a 20 year old machine bred to kill would get pissed and say "fuck it".

On 3/5/2017 at 9:26 PM, Jason said:

Admittedly I've only watched about 1.5 Temple games in the last 2 years, but the word is he covers better than Foster and is a better blitzer...but Foster is better vs. the run.  That's not the say Foster is bad in coverage, but it sounds like Reddick is better.  I guess it all comes down to what you want.  I want Reddick...I hope he can play multiple positions for us and that may make our defense less predictable.  I understand people don't have him ranked as high as Foster, but in every draft people that are ranked worse end up being better players and I think this is going to be one of those cases.  I may be a prisoner of the moment in regards to his combine, but from everything I'm reading it sounds like Reddick is the truth.  Besides, I'm always nervous about Alabama defenders, they play around so much talent it's almost like they never face adversity and the game seems a little too easy for them at times.  Whereas a guy coming from Temple, the offense knew who he was and where he was on every play and still had a good career.

4 hours ago, Bunghole said:

Under those circumstances, I can understand why a 20 year old machine bred to kill would get pissed and say "fuck it".

stop making excuses for the dude, other kids were going through the exact same thing and they all managed to keep it together.....the fact that Foster couldn't has to be seen as a red flag, like it or not. 

I may be in the minority, but Foster's temper makes me more excited than nervous about the possibility of him and Burfict on the field together.

If our head coach isn't going to fire the team up maybe those 2 assholes can.

12 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I'm not worried about Fosters temperament all that much, I'm worried about his injury history, especially the concussions.

I heard Mayock talking about it during the combine.  Apparently he was doing the Burfict Tackle (head down) which lead to the concussions.  He also seemed to indicate they fixed it and the concussions stopped.

13 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I'm not worried about Fosters temperament all that much, I'm worried about his injury history, especially the concussions.

Well our current head coach doesn't think concussions exist, so we know 1 person that isn't worried about that lol

11 hours ago, SocalBengalEd said:

Burfict had like 3 or 4 concussions 2 years ago.  He had zero last year.  Im not worried about concussions.  The hospital incident kinds scared me.  But instill want Foster at 9.   Derek Barnette or Reddick are my plan b and c.  

What about Foster's coverage ability, do you really want to draft a one dimensional LB at #9?

4 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

What about Foster's coverage ability, do you really want to draft a one dimensional LB at #9?

That's my fear.  He's not awful in coverage, but it sounds like Reddick is easily better at it.  

On March 7, 2017 at 4:14 AM, Bunghole said:

Easy for us to say. That's a seventeen hour day in a hospital! Also, Woody went on to talk about how much of a cat and mouse game it was between the players and the teams, with the players viewing the teams as "the enemy of my money" and trying to hide everything, reveal nothing voluntarily, and that everyone knew it was all kind of a sham process. Under those circumstances, I can understand why a 20 year old machine bred to kill would get pissed and say "fuck it".

No Bung...you don't understand: these cyborgs are supposed to kill AND be choir boys on top of it. 

That's entertainment.

On 3/7/2017 at 8:05 AM, WRAPradio said:

Admittedly I've only watched about 1.5 Temple games in the last 2 years, but the word is he covers better than Foster and is a better blitzer...but Foster is better vs. the run.  That's not the say Foster is bad in coverage, but it sounds like Reddick is better.  I guess it all comes down to what you want.  I want Reddick...I hope he can play multiple positions for us and that may make our defense less predictable.  I understand people don't have him ranked as high as Foster, but in every draft people that are ranked worse end up being better players and I think this is going to be one of those cases.  I may be a prisoner of the moment in regards to his combine, but from everything I'm reading it sounds like Reddick is the truth.  Besides, I'm always nervous about Alabama defenders, they play around so much talent it's almost like they never face adversity and the game seems a little too easy for them at times.  Whereas a guy coming from Temple, the offense knew who he was and where he was on every play and still had a good career.

I heard an interview with him on Sirius XM and he's someone you would feel comfortable taking in the first round.

He wasn't recruited out of high school because of injuries in his junior and senior year so he walked on to the Temple team. He worked his way into a scholarship after 3 years and his last two years he exploded into a first round pick.

If you play a 4-3 base defense,he can play Will lb. In a nickel he could either rush the passer or cover the TE. The versatility he gives DCs is ridiculous.

When you combine his athletic ability, personality/character, production, and the scheme versatility he brings it makes sense to consider him at #9.

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

I heard an interview with him on Sirius XM and he's someone you would feel comfortable taking in the first round.

He wasn't recruited out of high school because of injuries in his junior and senior year so he walked on to the Temple team. He worked his way into a scholarship after 3 years and his last two years he exploded into a first round pick.

If you play a 4-3 base defense,he can play Will lb. In a nickel he could either rush the passer or cover the TE. The versatility he gives DCs is ridiculous.

When you combine his athletic ability, personality/character, production, and the scheme versatility he brings it makes sense to consider him at #9.

I'm really torn b/w wanting Reddick or OJ Howard at #9.

2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Based on the combine Reddick is more athletic than Foster and being that he was a walk on he doesn't have Foster's  sense of entitlement.

Based on what since Foster did not participate?

2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

I'm happy with either of them.  Hopefully Reddick keeps receiving hype n higher first round grades where the Bengals think he's a good value pick.  

Archived