176. Jalen Merrick CB Minnesota
193. Zane Gonzalez K ASU
217. Xavier Woods S La Tech
227. TJ Logan RB UNC
251. DJ Jones NT Ole Miss

Not bad
I have concerns about Foster now though

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

40 times for DL don't really have much bearing...JJ Watt ran a 4.9 as an example.

that being said, I don't think Derek Barnett is a top 10 pick and even if he would have run in the 4.6's that wouldn't have changed IMO.

I know you said "hopeful" but Chris Godwin is probably going top 40. Not sure he even makes it to our pick at 41. Mocking him at 116 is a huge stretch. 

A 40 time of 4.42 is not gonna make him go up 3 rounds. He's always there in round 5 in my mock games. He also got shut down by lattimore. Williams, Davis, juju, jones, chess on, kid cannon, Ross, at minimum before Godwin. I would not take him until the 5th

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

7 hours ago, Jpoore said:

A 40 time of 4.42 is not gonna make him go up 3 rounds. He's always there in round 5 in my mock games. He also got shut down by lattimore. Williams, Davis, juju, jones, chess on, kid cannon, Ross, at minimum before Godwin. I would not take him until the 5th

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

No offense, but it doesn't matter where he's at in your "mock games." There were rumors that teams already had him in their top 50 before he even ran. He's not going in the 4th or 5th round.

He's a top 5 receiver in this class in my opinion, both in terms of on the field and measurables and I think he is one of the first 5 off the board in the draft. 

No offense, but it doesn't matter where he's at in your "mock games." There were rumors that teams already had him in their top 50 before he even ran. He's not going in the 4th or 5th round.
He's a top 5 receiver in this class in my opinion, both in terms of on the field and measurables and I think he is one of the first 5 off the board in the draft. 

http://walterfootball.com/draft2017WR.php

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

13 hours ago, CoachMinich said:

Agreed but needs to be a true pass rusher. I like Barnett a lot and also Harris

you understand that the DE's in this system have to be able to seal the edge and play the run too right?

a pure pass rusher that is a liability in the run game is nothing more than a part time player here....a DE that can play the run as well as rush the passer in this system though is pretty much a full time player....see how that works?

great pass rushers are great and all but you have to look at it in context, if the guy is going to be a part time player for ya you likely aren't taking that guy at #9 overall.....especially in this draft where there will still be good edge rushers on the board in later rounds.  

3 hours ago, Jpoore said:

Projected Round (2017): 2-4. 
 2/25/17: Godwin caught 59 passes for 982 yards and 11 touchdowns in 2016. He finished the year in excellent fashion with an impressive bowl game against USC. Godwin is a quick and slippery receiver who can get open while pushing a defense vertically. 

first of all Walter Football is garbage but that report was filed before teams were able to get a good look at him at the combine.....no way in hell he makes it out of the top 100.

1 minute ago, CoachMinich said:

Agreed, but there are DEs at the top of the draft who are not high level pass rushers. The Bengals have DEs who can play the run... they need another guy who can do both.

yeah you're right, his name is Solomon Thomas

Archived