Needs, which can be filled in house?

The draft is approaching and we won't be able to fill all of our needs with it. Assuming that only the first 2 picks for us will make an impact, which are the positions that we are least likely to be able to fill with our current roster?

RB-Tra Carson (Rex Burkhead)

WR-Cody Core (Brandon LaFell)

LT-Cedric Ogbuehi (Andrew Whitworth)

RG-TJ Johnson, Trey Hopkins, Christian Westerman

RT-Jake Fisher

DT-Andrew Billings, Pat Sims, DeShawn Williams, Marcus Hardison, Brandon Thompson

LB-Nick Vigil (Karlos Dansby)

CB-William Jackson, Adam Jones, Darqueze Dennard (Dre Kirkpatrick)

Not really sure why u put a ps running back on there.but anyways. I would say at the very least we can get 4 immideate impact players. I would say we would fill wr with our first pick thats a need. Center with our second pick. Lb with our third pick and rb with our fourth pick. Im assuing its some combination of mike williams, corey davis in first. Pat elflien in second bc he fills need at center and guard. Then in third either kendall beckwith or alex anzalone, or tanoh kpassagnon. Anzalone has some problems with injury but by far and away hes the best cover lb in this draft. And in the 4th round we get the best pure running back in the draft in joe mixon. I know u said to name the picka we wouldnt get but naming the immideate starters seemed easier.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

25 minutes ago, Jpoore said:

Not really sure why u put a ps running back on there.but anyways. I would say at the very least we can get 4 immideate impact players. I would say we would fill wr with our first pick thats a need. Center with our second pick. Lb with our third pick and rb with our fourth pick. Im assuing its some combination of mike williams, corey davis in first. Pat elflien in second bc he fills need at center and guard. Then in third either kendall beckwith or alex anzalone, or tanoh kpassagnon. Anzalone has some problems with injury but by far and away hes the best cover lb in this draft. And in the 4th round we get the best pure running back in the draft in joe mixon. I know u said to name the picka we wouldnt get but naming the immideate starters seemed easier.

We don't have 4 impact players on the team from our last 4 drafts. 

There also hasnt been so many holes on oyr team in last 4 drafts. Weve hit a bit of a slup on drafts lately. Hell vigil is starting sam lb next year. We never do that. That tells u all u need to know about the holes on our team. And if billings and wjiii live up to exoectations like their suppossed to then that would be 4.

17 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Haha so true.

theyve also been doing the project player/injured player with high potential upside thing over the past 4-5 years and it's bit them in the ass almost every single time with top 3 round picks.

if they choose NFL ready players, finally, they should be able to get the first two with some sort of good impact. I'd think DE in the first and maybe LB or WR in the second. Then if one of the top 2 C are left, draft him in the 3rd.

im really hoping they trade Mcacarron for a 2nd and 4th, or better (what they were allegedly offered last year) and then use some of all of those pics to maneuver up so they have 3-4 2nd and 3rd round pics total.

I'd say DT and CB, just because I like Billings and Jackson (hopefully both come back ok).... and I think Vigil will be pretty decent so i would throw LB in there too.

definitely low on anyone on the OLine, especially Cedric. 

4 minutes ago, big_dish said:

I'd say DT and CB, just because I like Billings and Jackson (hopefully both come back ok).... and I think Vigil will be pretty decent so i would throw LB in there too.

definitely low on anyone on the OLine, especially Cedric. 

So go the opposite way. Hardest spots to fill in house. LT and G?

This thread is about which positions can be filled in house so I'm not sure why people are bringing draft picks into it. Also, LOL @ anyone thinking we're getting 4 immediate impact starters from our 2017 draft class whenever the draft didn't even happen yet. Holy fucking optimism, Batman.

Anyway,

Vigil will get a shot, but I'm not sure he plays 70% of the snaps that Dansby took last year. I could see Vigil seeing time along with a rookie or free agent.

Billings is my pick for surprise of the year by playing loads of snaps and playing well at that.

The team might plug Westerman into RG but that scares me since he hasn't even taken a snap in the NFL.

Fisher can't be worse than Ogbuehi.

I'm excited about WJIII, but we have no idea what he'll bring to the table. Hopefully we still have Dre going into the season so we don't have to worry quite as much about WJIII's starting capabilities. Dennard sucks though, very disappointed in his lack of development.

Starters at RB (if Gio is out at all) and WR will need addressed with draft picks or free agency. Hopefully LaFell can come back without breaking Mikey having to break his piggy bank open.

Overall, I was surprised going through the list at the amount of players in house that could potentially step up. I don't think there's a high chance that ALL of the guys I mentioned come in and become good starters though. Hopefully we address 3 - 4 of the positions in free agency, land at least 1 immediate starter in the draft, and then fill a couple of the other holes with the guys above.

29 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Overall, I was surprised going through the list at the amount of players in house that could potentially step up. I don't think there's a high chance that ALL of the guys I mentioned come in and become good starters though. Hopefully we address 3 - 4 of the positions in free agency, land at least 1 immediate starter in the draft, and then fill a couple of the other holes with the guys above.

This is where I am at too. WR2, LT and RG seem to be the biggest holes that are least likely to be filled in house. 

DT and CB have a ton of options so we can take a risk there. 

LB is underused but Vigil might fit there. 

18 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

This is where I am at too. WR2, LT and RG seem to be the biggest holes that are least likely to be filled in house. 

DT and CB have a ton of options so we can take a risk there. 

LB is underused but Vigil might fit there. 

I'm assuming the team either re-signs LaFell or grabs another cheap vet to fill the WR2 spot. I'm also assuming Whit is re-signed, I can't see us letting both Whitworth and Zeitler go, that would be insane. I'll be shocked and very disappointed if that happens.

The team's free agency activity is going to be very telling of their draft plans IMO. Seeing them targeting (or a lack of targeting) linebackers and/or wide receivers in free agency is going to be a big tell for their draft plans/needs.

Archived