Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
big_dish

Whitworth to rams

205 posts in this topic

Rappaport reporting whitworth to rams on 3 year $36mil deal.

guess Bengals could still match but....

Ced to LT. Dalton to ER. McCarron will be needed by week 2. Until he is in ER two weeks later. We should draft five QBs to get through the season.

This front office is a joke.

It's okay guys.  We still have oggieboogie .

Best LT available in draft? Be there at 9? 

This front office completely just peed down it's own leg

Yikes. Some chance this ends up a blessing in disguise in the long run if Whit hits the wall at age 36, but definitely a short term blow.

Put all the eggs in the Ogbuehi basket? I don't even know what the other options are at this point... 

Whit wants to win!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

Why go to the Rams? Bengals should have offered similar money at least. CA has high taxes and the Rams don't look like playoff contenders. Even if he thinks the Bengals aren't contenders either, some team like the Colts or Vikings should want him.

1 minute ago, BurnsBengal said:

Best LT available in draft? Be there at 9? 

This front office completely just peed down it's own leg

There are none at all worth that pick- that's what sucks. Going to have to pick up a mediocre FA or pray hard to every god that was ever imagined up by men that Ced or later pick can step in somehow

Fuck the Bengals.

If we had anyone on the roster that could even consider playing LT, I wouldn't care so much. This is going to be ridiculous to watch Zeitler go too.

1 minute ago, fluhartz said:

Whit wants to win!!!!!!!!

Hahaha I know right? We all know that's not true now.

There aren't any good LT prospects in this year's draft. 

I'd guess Fisher plays LT. We might sign Andre back at RT and Warford at RG for less than Whit got (hell, who am I kidding?)

I guess the front office will finally realize its dream of getting a 3rd round comp pick in a draft...well done, guys!

1 minute ago, sparky151 said:

Why go to the Rams? Bengals should have offered similar money at least. CA has high taxes and the Rams don't look like playoff contenders. Even if he thinks the Bengals aren't contenders either, some team like the Colts or Vikings should want him.

Sounds like the only real dispute was over how much of his age 37 money would be guaranteed. 

Really, Whit left over a couple million dollars to go to a rebuilding team that will probably be awful the next couple years. Hate to be spiteful here, but he made his bed. If a couple million (when he's made almost $100M in his career) was more important to him than staying with the Bengals, fuck him. 

Ah here it is. Let the meltdown begin.

you know... cause he wanted to play for a contender....

3 minutes ago, membengal said:

I guess the front office will finally realize its dream of getting a 3rd round comp pick in a draft...well done, guys!

I don't believe you can get higher than 5th round comps when you sign a 10+ year vet, even if it's a huge deal.

While the draft is always an exciting time of the year.. The start of free agency is always one of the saddest as a bengals fan.
Zeitler and Dre are next.
We will replace them with some guys in a couple weeks or so...And maybe some of our redshirt freshman/sophomores can play this year.

Just now, omgdrdoom said:

I don't believe you can get higher than 5th round comps when you sign a 10+ year vet, even if it's a huge deal.

You are right!

It gets even worse!

This organization is ignorant.  I've said it a million times... It is very difficult to be a fan of the Cincinnati Bengals.

2 minutes ago, happyrid said:

Sounds like the only real dispute was over how much of his age 37 money would be guaranteed. 

Really, Whit left over a couple million dollars to go to a rebuilding team that will probably be awful the next couple years. Hate to be spiteful here, but he made his bed. If a couple million (when he's made almost $100M in his career) was more important to him than staying with the Bengals, fuck him. 

Does Whitworth have big Hollywood dreams post-football? I'd wonder about announcer, but Cincy is the springboard for that line of work. Baffling from all sides.

Whit is the only player they had to get back. You match anything for that player. 

I don't give a fuck if Whit comes back. Ib rather focus our energy on bringing back Zeitler and Dre.

1 minute ago, BurnsBengal said:

Does Whitworth have big Hollywood dreams post-football? I'd wonder about announcer, but Cincy is the springboard for that line of work. Baffling from all sides.

It does make you wonder about that. NFL network is in LA (Carson City). Maybe that had something to do with it. 

I always got the impression that he'd end up back in Louisiana after he retired but maybe he is angling for some sort of media gig. 

Hahaha I know right? We all know that's not true now.

Right.. can't believe he left for a shit team like that.. money talks I guess