Whitworth to rams

10 minutes ago, VonBlade said:

Well fuck. And Zeitler off too.

Because, you know, our O-line was rock solid last year.

That is the amazing thing... This line was terrible last year, was the biggest reason (outside perhaps of kicker) that the team was unsuccessful.  This forward thinking organization allows the 2 best, out of 5 players, to walk away.  I mean what the fuck?  What other organization in the world allows that happen?

Answer: 1 organization... Your beloved Cincinnati Bengals.  Who-fucking-Dey!

Never thought Whit was a team player and thought he just focused on the money. Early in his career he refused to play guard and is the reason I say this. I don't think the Rams are any closer playing in the Super Bowl in the next three years than the Bengals . Whit is full of hot air and he wants the money. F him

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

If they don't sign Zeitler then we are in for a long season or 3 by all outlooks.

Been a fan since the beginning and this shit is harder to take every fucking year... best O-Lineman since Munoz and a rock solid leader, and we let him walk.

I'll bet Dalton wants to be traded now and will gladly let McCooter take the reins... who the hell would want to be the sacrificial lamb behind our shit O-line?

1 minute ago, BronxBengal said:

Never thought Whit was a team player and thought he just focused on the money. I don't think the Rams are any closer playing in the Super Bowl in the next three years than the Bengals . Whit is full of hot air and he wants the money. F him

We're all entitled to our own opinions but man... I think you're WAY off on this one. Why the hell shouldn't he take the money? This is his profession dude, and he's close to retiring age. You trying to tell me you wouldn't do the same thing?

As for not being a team player... maybe you've been watching a different Bengals team than I have since Whit was here. He WAS the team leader and the locker room boss... a damn good one at that. I think he was also tired of seeing asswipes like Maualuga and Jones continue to be signed when they are useless. Sure, it would've felt better to everyone had he went to a team like the Patriots, but the man is setting his family up for the future like a good provider would.  

47 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

He's a FA. He can go wherever he wants. His market was 12 per for 3 years because that's what someone paid him. He owes nothing to this god forsaken franchise. And let's not pretend: he wasn't winning jack shit here either. 

he said he wants to play for a contender.. not me.. and i would have left too, la or ohio... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

easy call. you made the same point i did. altho i was mocking his wanting to play for a contender.. when clearly he just wanted to leave... which was my point.

youre already rich AF, spent whole career here, have 3 kids in school, to uproot just that is a hassle, so to uproot and go to a garbage team, means you just wanted out..

10 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Big Whit, best LT in the game easily, Congrats

This tweet is weird. It's also weird that he said RT wasn't his position. I would much rather have a player who said I know I can figure out RT. Or. I will miss Whit but I am ready to get going. 

This piece of shit is the biggest waste of a roster spot tweeting.

We're all entitled to our own opinions but man... I think you're WAY off on this one. Why the hell shouldn't he take the money? This is his profession dude, and he's close to retiring age. You trying to tell me you wouldn't do the same thing?
As for not being a team player... maybe you've been watching a different Bengals team than I have since Whit was here. He WAS the team leader and the locker room boss... a damn good one at that. I think he was also tired of seeing asswipes like Maualuga and Jones continue to be signed when they are useless. Sure, it would've felt better to everyone had he went to a team like the Patriots, but the man is setting his family up for the future like a good provider would.  

You have no idea what Whit is thinking regards to his teammates. That is conjecture.

Does anyone know what the Bengals offered?

7 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

he said he wants to play for a contender.. not me.. and i would have left too, la or ohio... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

easy call. you made the same point i did. altho i was mocking his wanting to play for a contender.. when clearly he just wanted to leave... which was my point.

youre already rich AF, spent whole career here, have 3 kids in school, to uproot just that is a hassle, so to uproot and go to a garbage team, means you just wanted out..

I agree with you. I think he just merely wanted to leave. I'm not going to judge him for it. One thing you notice about this organization is that everyone gets tired of it at some point in time (except Marvin).

Very interesting to see where they go from here. 

I think my strategy would be to try to stack the D as much as possible and cross my fingers that Ogbuehi figures it out in year 2. Keep Dre, add somebody like Sheldon Richardson by trade or in free agency with the Whitworth money, draft some young defensive studs early and try to win like Denver did 2 years ago with a dominant defense and average at best offense. 

2 minutes ago, BronxBengal said:

You have no idea what Whit is thinking regards to his teammates. That is conjecture.

Does anyone know what the Bengals offered?

The Bengals offer was supposedly $11M per year. 

Edit to add: Who knows on the details though as far as how much was guaranteed for year two. Seems like the breaking point may have been that Whit got $15M guaranteed at signing (even if he's cut after this year). It's a lot for a guy who will turn 36 midseason. Rams are also committed to over $24M through the first two years (including his age 36/37 season). I'd assume he never sees that third year. 

A cynic might not be impressed with a "leader and locker room boss" that's never LED his team to a playoff win.

Just sayin'...

Bengals played too many games with this whole "He's all but locked up" with other teams and it bit them in the ass.

Ced is going to have to get comeback player of the year this year or Andy will be in the infirmary. Top 5 pick next year? Who are the LT's coming out next year?

But don't worry guys Kenny will be along to tell us it's all fine and we are a bunch of winners.

"A source close to the negotiations said they were competitive in their offers, but the gap between the money offered the first year, and the amount of fully guaranteed money the second year was just too great.

Whitworth, now 35 and potentially on his last contract, wanted more protection than a one-year deal.

To understand just what happened, it would be necessary to go back to 2015, when Whitworth and the Bengals were trying to negotiate a new contract extension. The talks dragged on through September of that year before the Bengals gave in and gave Whitworth a one-year, $9 million extension.

The Bengals’ reluctance to move forward with the negotiations did not sit well with Whitworth’s camp. It was a bitter taste that lingered.

It appeared that both sides were moving forward when the Bengals made offers to Whitworth’s representatives in the weeks leading up to free agency, but did not take the necessary steps to ensure he would not leave for another team.

A source close to Whitworth wondered why the team did not place the franchise tag ($14.8 million cost for one year), or transition tag ($12.6 million)."

http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/26272/bengals-make-huge-mistake-in-losing-andrew-whitworth-to-rams

16 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Bengals played too many games with this whole "He's all but locked up" with other teams and it bit them in the ass.

Ced is going to have to get comeback player of the year this year or Andy will be in the infirmary. Top 5 pick next year? Who are the LT's coming out next year?

But don't worry guys Kenny will be along to tell us it's all fine and we are a bunch of whiners.

You always have my name in your mouth.  Please leave me out of your bullshit.

and by the way, you are my favorite poster!?

Archived