Tracking 2018 Comp Picks

Well fuck, this whole "let our best players go to get comp picks" strategy is definitely working out.

Marcus Hardison, Paul Dawson, Lavelle Westbrooks, Marquis Flowers, TJ Johnson, Reid Fragel.

There are your recent comp selections, ladies and gents.

Gotcha Whitworth!!! Dumb old fuck! You get to go play football by the beach but who has the last laugh? We're going to turn you into Reid Fragel, MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Even the Ravens are saying fuck the compensatory system and going for it. This is kind of depressing. I expected it, but I didn't expect to see the Ravens add Woodhead/Jefferson and the Stealers being in on some of the bigger corners while we sit in the corner with our thumb in our ass.

Who needs playoff wins and Super Bowl trophies when you can get comp picks aka the undocumented workers of the NFL. Gotta love those comp picks, they make the profit margins look amazing.

Why pay Pro Bowl players market value when you can have comp picks.....the Bengals front office is playing checkers while the rest of the NFL is playing chess :049:

Well get 2 3rd round picks, which will be great, can we all stop complaining. Great news is we don't have $22million against the cap for zeitler and whitworth...So that money will be used elsewhere,efiert, burfict and hopefully some free agents next year. We needto rely on our draft picks cedo and Fisher need to step up.

1 minute ago, turningpoint said:

Well get 2 3rd round picks, which will be great, can we all stop complaining. Great news is we don't have $22million against the cap for zeitler and whitworth...So that money will be used elsewhere,efiert, burfict and hopefully some free agents next year. We needto rely on our draft picks cedo and Fisher need to step up.

Only 1 3rd. Whit will be a 5th because of his years of experience.

5 minutes ago, turningpoint said:

Yeah great news, we have cap space and mid round draft picks. 

The crybabies complaining are acting as if we lost our 2 best offensive linemen or something. What a bunch of assholes! Those dumb old fucks are as dumb as Whitworth getting bamboozled by the genius Bengals front office.

It's a good thing championships are won by how much cap space and how many comp picks you have. We are the champions my frrieennndddd

25 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Maybe if we clap hard enough and tell Ced to "step up" he'll magically transform from the worst RT in the league to being able to easily replace the best LT of the decade. 

Fuck logic. It's morphin' time! 

We saw some good things out there

9 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

PJ Dawson-Marcus Hardison-Lavelle Westbrooks-Cobi Hamilton-TJ Johnson-Brandon Thompson-George Iloka-Marvin Jones-Jay Finley-Roderick Muckleroy-Brandon Ghee-Chase Coffman-Bernard Scott-Clinton MCDonald-Freddie Brown

Huh? 

Most of those guys were NOT taken with compensatory selections.... 

10 hours ago, turningpoint said:

True Bengals fans only care about winning the draft.

When Eifert wants more than what MB wants to pay a TE what will you say then? Thank goodness we didn't Jones, Sanu, Whit, Zeitler, and Eifert so we can can re-sign Bodine or whomever....

6 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

Huh? 

Most of those guys were NOT taken with compensatory selections.... 

You sure? I just went through and looked at all the guys we got in rounds with 2 picks. Wasn't a an exact science at all. Do you have the list? Its probably worse. 

1 minute ago, MichaelWeston said:

You sure? I just went through and looked at all the guys we got in rounds with 2 picks. Wasn't a an exact science at all. Do you have the list? Its probably worse. 

Yeah I posted it above, I wasn't just excluding any good players to be a dick, I posted the actual list of recent comp picks lol

Marcus Hardison, Paul Dawson, Lavelle Westbrooks, Marquis Flowers, TJ Johnson, Reid Fragel

Those are all of our comp picks in the "Dalton era". You can add in Jay Finley (lol who?) too if you want to count supplemental comps.

1 hour ago, omgdrdoom said:

Yeah I posted it above, I wasn't just excluding any good players to be a dick, I posted the actual list of recent comp picks lol

Marcus Hardison, Paul Dawson, Lavelle Westbrooks, Marquis Flowers, TJ Johnson, Reid Fragel

Those are all of our comp picks in the "Dalton era". You can add in Jay Finley (lol who?) too if you want to count supplemental comps.

My list was totally just looking at times where we had more than 1 pick in a round and then trying to ascertain if we had a trade then. What's a supplemental comp pick. Are those really the 6 players that we don't sign anyone for? It's even worse than I thought. 

5 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

My list was totally just looking at times where we had more than 1 pick in a round and then trying to ascertain if we had a trade then. What's a supplemental comp pick. Are those really the 6 players that we don't sign anyone for? It's even worse than I thought. 

Yep that's them, what a list hahahaha

I don't think supplemental comp picks will happen again with the crazy contracts that fly around nowadays, but they used to be if there weren't enough comp picks to give out due to free agency, they'd give the rest of the comp picks out by draft position at the very tail end of the last round.

Archived