Haason Reddick

Image result for haason reddick

He needs his own thread now. I have a feeling he's emerging as the favorite for the 9th pick. 6'1 237. Walked on to Temple as a defensive back. Moved to LB and finally settled at DE in their 4-3 defense. 22.5 tackles for loss and 10.5 sacks his Senior year.

Moved to middle linebacker for Senior Bowl practices and game. Excelled. Quote from Mayock: "He had a really impressive week. He was a hand-in-the-dirt 4-3 defensive end with a lot of sack production at Temple, but down here they asked him to stand up and play two different positions, and every day he got better. And his attitude about the switch was terrific; I got a kick out of how he embraced it. The last two days of practice, I don't think he lost a rep. He bounced around and made plays all week. At 6-foot-1 and 237 pounds, most see him as a tweener, but I think he showed versatility. I came into the week wondering what he would be at the next level, and at the end of the practice sessions I left thinking he could be an inside linebacker in a 3-4, an inside linebacker in a 4-3, and an occasional edge rusher. Bottom line: He showed he can do a bunch of things and do them well. He might not have to come off the field."

Combine numbers - 4.52 40 yard dash, 24 reps, 36.5" vertical, 11'1" broad jump

He stood on his numbers at the combine at his pro day but did drills. Drills ran by... "Cincinnati Bengals linebackers coach Jim Haslett was running the drills, and seemed to really have an eye on Reddick's skillset. The Bengals, who own the No. 9 overall pick in the draft, need a linebacker. A recent CBS Sports mock draft has Reddick being selected by the Bengals at ninth overall."

Quote on how he looked "Reddick didn't participate in the 40-yard dash at Temple's pro day, but he did participate in individual drills with the group of linebackers. The former walk-on looked comfortable and smooth dropping back into coverage during drills."

With Foster hurting his stock with unprecedented behavior during the combine, mixed in with is reckless style of play and injury history, his stock is falling. Reddick's is skyrocketing after an impressive Senior Bowl, combine and pro day. Reddick is the best coverage linebacker in the draft. He has experience blitzing and doing it well. He's smart, tough and coachable. I want this guy.

Image result for haason reddick gif

They compare him to Shazier.  This guy's a legit player.   Humble great head on his shoulders  size speed guy.  Sign me up.   Him and Burfict!!!!      The more I watch and hear about the guy.  The more I get excited.   Most mock drafts have him going in round round.   Some as high as #9.     And when ever people have great senior bowl weeks they always have great careers.    Tomlinson,  Atkins, Luiti, mind drawing a blank but there's a bunch more  .

Just now, T-Dub said:

:lol:

Nor would I ask you to! 

Let the record show that when unblocked, he is more than capable of assisting in a tackle.

Most I saw were him pass rushing. I liked this one because it showed his range. Flying to the sideline to make a tackle.

1 minute ago, akiliMVP said:

Most I saw were him pass rushing. I liked this one because it showed his range. Flying to the sideline to make a tackle.

IDK, that LT could've given him a little shove to get him there quicker or pointed out the direction of the play before the snap.  Maybe packed him a healthy snack to enjoy on his tour of the backfield.

That sort of lack of effort is unacceptable in a Top 10 draft pick.

:ninja:

Some Peter Boulware versatility to his game. Not sure how I'd feel passing up Foster for him, but his versatility is very intriguing. Curious how Foster moves during his pro-day.

On 3/10/2017 at 8:37 PM, SocalBengalEd said:

They compare him to Shazier.  This guy's a legit player.   Humble great head on his shoulders  size speed guy.  Sign me up.   Him and Burfict!!!!      The more I watch and hear about the guy.  The more I get excited.   Most mock drafts have him going in round round.   Some as high as #9.     And when ever people have great senior bowl weeks they always have great careers.    Tomlinson,  Atkins, Luiti, mind drawing a blank but there's a bunch more  .

Chad Johnson made himself some money at the Senior Bowl.  He came in as a one year started from Oregon State that was probably seen as a 4th round pick and left as a borderline first rounder. I remember he and Fred Smoot jawing at each other.  Both had great weeks and improved their draft stock.  Both had great careers.

Archived