Dansby back to Cards.

I want to posit something here, and not that I give much of a shit about Dansby or Porter, per se, but is anyone seeing the exodus of players (and coaches, until this offseason) as something indicative of a larger problem? 

It seems we can't interest guys to hang around here. For a time, Cincinnati had turned around from a laughing stock of a destination to a place where guys wanted to be. I am wondering if the culture in the locker room and around Marvin Lewis has gotten so shitty that these guys leaving is more than just "about business."

4 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

I want to posit something here, and not that I give much of a shit about Dansby or Porter, per se, but is anyone seeing the exodus of players (and coaches, until this offseason) as something indicative of a larger problem? 

It seems we can't interest guys to hang around here. For a time, Cincinnati had turned around from a laughing stock of a destination to a place where guys wanted to be. I am wondering if the culture in the locker room and around Marvin Lewis has gotten so shitty that these guys leaving is more than just "about business."

Eh, not really.  Whit was gone when they drafted 2 OT's early, we don't pay guards for some stupid reason, and the rest are pretty close to washed up anyway.  I have to think Lafell or DreK could've found much the same offers somewhere else, they were both productive last year.  Not saying it's a good plan or that it will work out, but I do think it was planned.

OTOH I expect our coaches to squander the new young talent like they have every other roster so far, so there's that.

I also don't see significance, other than a more visible version of what goes on yearly in this league. Could be a drain the swamp approach, maybe nothing like it at all. Free Agency is all about one thing: making money. The players get theirs, the franchise's spend and/or keep theirs. 

Karlos was a stop-gap rental last year. He played OK, but once the guys like Vigil began to show something (as was planned), he was not a target to be retained. 

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Eh, not really.  Whit was gone when they drafted 2 OT's early, we don't pay guards for some stupid reason, and the rest are pretty close to washed up anyway.  I have to think Lafell or DreK could've found much the same offers somewhere else, they were both productive last year.  Not saying it's a good plan or that it will work out, but I do think it was planned.

OTOH I expect our coaches to squander the new young talent like they have every other roster so far, so there's that.

Yeah, pretty much sums it up.  Most players will go where they get paid the most guaranteed. Most of the better FAs are overpaid by the new team,  Michael Johnson being a good example.

A lot of players move around in FA.  Only a handful have the ability and stockpile of money already earned to take less at a "Winner".  For every Peyton Manning there are 50 Mike Glennons.

Archived