Andre Smith Back

Still think we'll see an OL capable of playing RG drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Basically will leave us with 4 guys for 3 open starting spots. (LT, RT, RG). 

Line should look something like this:

LT-Ogbuehi, (Fisher)

LG-Boling, Hopkins

C-Bodine, TJ Johnson

RG-A. Smith, Rookie, Westerman

RT-Fisher, (A. Smith), Winston

1 hour ago, happyrid said:

Still think we'll see an OL capable of playing RG drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Basically will leave us with 4 guys for 3 open starting spots. (LT, RT, RG). 

Line should look something like this:

LT-Ogbuehi, (Fisher)

LG-Boling, Hopkins

C-Bodine, TJ Johnson

RG-A. Smith, Rookie, Westerman

RT-Fisher, (A. Smith), Winston

Why draft a RG so early when we clearly don't value the position. Instead draft a guy who might be able to play LT but if he can't then he can go inside atleast. I might go so far as to say you should never draft a guard. 

I think bringing Andre back makes plenty of sense with the o-line being in shambles like it is.  Whether he plays guard or tackle, the team needs options and depth across the board.  This signing doesn't immediately solve any of my concerns about the line, but it is an improvement to have Smith as a possible starter at two spots.  I just hope he can stay healthy after missing all but 4 games last year.  

I wouldn't bother with Fisher at guard...let him have a go at LT. If he was good enough there to help His QB win a Heisman and his team get to a National Championship Game, he can obviously play the position. 

Love Andre being back. RT is settled.

Archived