Dunlap needs an attitude adjustment

Team leader and 2x Pro Bowler has the audacity and unmitigated gall to question the decisions that have been made by the Bengals brass this offseason that have seen guys like Whitworth, Zeitler, Burkhead, Peko, and Dansby leave via FA while no real replacements being brought in even though there is cap space available.

The Bengals have lost some of their top players in free agency, and at least one of the top players who remains isn’t sure what’s going on.

Pro Bowl defensive end Carlos Dunlap took to Twitter and said he doesn’t understand what the Bengals’ plan is in free agency, adding that the players don’t get a say in the matter.

“I don’t see the plan but guess that’s not my role to either,” Dunlap wrote.

I don't see the plan but guess that's not my role to either.

Carlos Dunlap (@Carlos_Dunlap) March 14, 2017

Dunlap’s tweet came shortly after news broke that former Bengals running back Rex Burkhead had signed with the Patriots. The Bengals have also lost two top offensive linemen in Andrew Whitworth and Kevin Zeitler, and three players from their defensive front seven in Karlos Dansby, Margus Hunt and Domata Peko. The only player they’ve added is offensive tackle Andre Smith.

Dunlap is surely reflecting the thoughts of many Bengals fans in not seeing how a team is supposed to get better with moves like that in free agency.

1 hour ago, fluhartz said:

He just not know they have 11 draft pick...amiright

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

Also, he's not taking the future comp picks into consideration. Who needs proven vets to win football games when you can get a 4th round comp pick that might not ever see the field?

Remember the comp picks Carlos, remember them!!!!111

23 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

an attitude adjustment?

jesus christ.

He needs to be reconditioned by Kenneth and other true believers into the Bengals way.

Much like the Church of Scientology, being a Bengals fan requires complete compliance with all decisions made by the leadership or you will be shamed and banished from Bengaldom.

11 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

He needs to be reconditioned by Kenneth and other true believers into the Bengals way.

Much like the Church of Scientology, being a Bengals fan requires complete compliance with all decisions made by the leadership or you will be shamed and banished from Bengaldom.

:rolleyes:

See, I thought being a Bengals fan required an unwavering expectation of failure & disappointment with a side of self-pity.

:pst-min:

For real the team does play like they're waiting for the other shoe to drop.  No matter how well they're doing they still seem nervous. I do think a lot of that is coming from the stands, but not only.  Another area where the HC needs to be a wall around the players, like vs the refs.  Clap-clap-clap ain't it.

That negative realistic enough for ya?

17 hours ago, T-Dub said:

:rolleyes:

See, I thought being a Bengals fan required an unwavering expectation of failure & disappointment with a side of self-pity.

:pst-min:

For real the team does play like they're waiting for the other shoe to drop.  No matter how well they're doing they still seem nervous. I do think a lot of that is coming from the stands, but not only.  Another area where the HC needs to be a wall around the players, like vs the refs.  Clap-clap-clap ain't it.

That negative realistic enough for ya?

Maybe that's the trickle down effect from the conservative "playing not to lose / last second field goal" approach the head coach and staff seem to take instead of just going out and burying the opponent and taking it yourself...?

1 hour ago, TheBeaverHunter said:

We need to get rid of him and his attitude.  Thoughts on possibly signing Daryl Gardener and moving him to end????

Daryl Gardener? He actually played in the NFL so he probably costs too much. Let's just go with Mike Brown's gardener instead.

Archived