Your Top 3 Choices at Rd. 1 & 2 ?

I think it's possible Hooker slips to us because of the fact that he has had multiple surgeries and has been unable to workout for teams.  Possible, but not likely.  I think he would definitely be the pick if he were available.  Best case scenario would be one or two offensive players rising up the board.  I am thinking it could be Cook or one of the QB's.  

11 hours ago, SocalBengalEd said:

If Cook didn't have all the off field issues id pick him over anyone else.  He would have the biggest impact of all the rookies. 

why Cook over McCaffrey? just curious

same size, same production, McCaffrey is probably a little better athlete....

I wouldn't be surprised if Hooker were available at 9. If he is, the Bengals won't take him, they're happy with Iloka in the deep middle. I'd agree with that too, there's bound to be someone else who will upgrade the team more. 

Williams is the one in the deep middle. Iloka is still a ss, williams is transitioning to fs.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

Mayock: Michigan's Jabrill Peppers is a top-10 talent

By Chase Goodbread

College Football 24/7 writer

Published: March 24, 2017

Jabrill Peppers' stock in the NFL draft will depend a lot on which position NFL clubs project him to play, and whether or not the versatile former Michigan star's skill set is a proper fit for their defenses. But there is no hesitation on the part of NFL Network draft expert Mike Mayock -- he thinks very highly of Peppers' draft value, higher than most.

"I love the kid. I think he's a top-10 pick," Mayock said Friday on NFL Network from UM's pro day workout. "I might be in the minority, but he's a football player and a dynamic returner."

Peppers won the Paul Hornung Award as college football's most versatile player last year, playing linebacker for the Wolverines after spending the previous season playing in the secondary. Add in his return exploits and spot duty on offense at Michigan, and you have a level of versatility that, for NFL scouts, is both attractive and a challenging evaluation at the same time. Among five NFL.com analysts who have published mock drafts, Peppers is projected no higher than No. 17 overall to the Washington Redskins.

Peppers went through positional drills only on Friday for his pro day workout.

"People wanted to see two things. One, can he open his hips and drive to a deep third or to a deep half, track and catch the football? His hips are outstanding," Mayock added. "There is no problem driving to the deep third, the deep half, making a cut to get back to the football. The (other) issue was, and there is some conversation about it in NFL circles: does he catch the ball on defense as well as he does on offense? He had two more drops today on deep balls. He only had one interception in his career -- that will continue to be a question."

Mayock named Peppers the No. 1-ranked safety in the draft in his most recent positional rankings, ahead of LSU's Jamal Adams and Ohio State's Malik Hooker.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000795022/article/mayock-michigans-jabrill-peppers-is-a-top10-talent

1 hour ago, Jpoore said:

Again 1 pick. So in 1 year hooker had 7 times as many picks as peppers in 3.

Peppers was a hybrid blitzing in the box OLB, HB, PR, & KR ... he wasn't primarily a DB. But when you compare his athleticism to Hooker, it's like comparing a Ferrari to a Honda Civic. 

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

Why waste time on a cheap Hooker ... when you can have a baller in Peppers. :cool:

Far be it from me to tell a man what to do in the privacy of his own home but I'd keep those well away from any sensitive areas.

8 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Why waste time on a cheap Hooker ... when you can have a baller in Peppers. :cool:

In 2 and a half years Peppers had 1 INT, and that came on a ball someone else tipped.

In 1 year Hooker had 7, and returned 3 for TDs.

I'm probably biased because I'm from Malik's hometown, but I don't see how anyone else could even be an option if Hooker is there at 9.

Dude was the real deal in high school and even more so in his last year at OSU. He ain't one of those safeties getting lucky out there with a high INT total. He's a center fielder ala Reggie Nelson, he just doesn't quite lay the wood like Nelson. 

12 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Peppers was a hybrid blitzing in the box OLB, HB, PR, & KR ... he wasn't primarily a DB. But when you compare his athleticism to Hooker, it's like comparing a Ferrari to a Honda Civic. 

You're wrong about the athleticism. I've heard Hooker is a legit 4.40 to 4.45 guy. Much bigger and longer than Peppers. 11 inch hands! Can jump out of the building. He's every bit as freakish an athlete as Peppers. He did a bunch of impressive stuff in HS as a basketball player too. Here's the first highlight video that came up on youtube, but there are plenty more out there.

2 hours ago, happyrid said:

You're wrong about the athleticism. I've heard Hooker is a legit 4.40 to 4.45 guy. Much bigger and longer than Peppers. 11 inch hands! Can jump out of the building. He's every bit as freakish an athlete as Peppers. He did a bunch of impressive stuff in HS as a basketball player too. Here's the first highlight video that came up on youtube, but there are plenty more out there.

its obvious that Hooker is a better player... but if we want good punt returner...pepp might be the choice...

30 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

its obvious that Hooker is a better player... but if we want good punt returner...pepp might be the choice...

The way Hooker returned INTs I wouldn't be surprised if he was a good PR too.  Too bad he never got the chance.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

The way Hooker returned INTs I wouldn't be surprised if he was a good PR too.  Too bad he never got the chance.

I agree.. I was just being a smartass.. I don't think we are drafting for punt returns at number 9....

Archived