Your Top 3 Choices at Rd. 1 & 2 ?

To get mostly back on topic, I'd like to come out of the first two rounds with a DE and a RB or WR.

So the two realistic draft scenarios I like best are:

1. Derek Barnett

2. WR Chris Godwin/RB Dalvin Cook/RB Joe Mixon 

or

1. John Ross/Corey Davis/Mike Williams/Leonard Fournette

2. JJ Watt/Derek Rivers/Carl Lawson

Leaning slightly towards scenario 2 with O in first and D in second because I like the depth of the DE class and don't think there's a huge difference between Barnett and some of the guys who seem to be in that 35-45 range. Also, all things being equal, I'd like to avoid the drama of drafting Mixon and the risk of drafting a bad character guy like Cook, so give me the impact offensive guy in round 1.

I think the other factor in favor of Offense at 9 and defense at 41 is that the Bengals have talked non-stop about getting faster on both sides of the ball this offseason. That 2nd scenario is your "speed boost." Especially with Ross at 9 and Watt or Rivers (who both ran in the 4.6s) in the 2nd. 

In no particular order.

Round 1 top 3 choices, (since I don't think Hooker will be there) - Barnett, Foster, and Mike Williams (though I wouldn't be disappointed in Ross)

Round 2 top 3 choices - Pat Elflin, Takkarist McKinley, Garett Bolles

To get mostly back on topic, I'd like to come out of the first two rounds with a DE and a RB or WR.
So the two realistic draft scenarios I like best are:
1. Derek Barnett
2. WR Chris Godwin/RB Dalvin Cook/RB Joe Mixon 
or
1. John Ross/Corey Davis/Mike Williams/Leonard Fournette
2. JJ Watt/Derek Rivers/Carl Lawson

Leaning slightly towards scenario 2 with O in first and D in second because I like the depth of the DE class and don't think there's a huge difference between Barnett and some of the guys who seem to be in that 35-45 range. Also, all things being equal, I'd like to avoid the drama of drafting Mixon and the risk of drafting a bad character guy like Cook, so give me the impact offensive guy in round 1.
I think the other factor in favor of Offense at 9 and defense at 41 is that the Bengals have talked non-stop about getting faster on both sides of the ball this offseason. That 2nd scenario is your "speed boost." Especially with Ross at 9 and Watt or Rivers (who both ran in the 4.6s) in the 2nd. 

I like option 2, but all things equal people will say im obsessed but gotta have demarcus walker rated above watt imo.had most production out of any defensive end in draft last 2 years. problem is if we go wr, we have so many options we could go in round 2. Wr, de, rb, c, legitimate positions of need.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

3 hours ago, akiliMVP said:

Maybe late second early third?

I'm not sure what to think if the bengals take a RB in the 2nd round....we already have Gio and Jeremy Hill, sure they may not be all-pro's at their position, but we invested 2nd round picks on them and I just feel like we need to address other areas of the football team that have more glaring holes, like our O-line. We've also shown we can draft RB talent later in the draft, and if this draft is as loaded with RB talent as most are suggesting, why not wait and take a flyer on a guy in the 4th-6th round.

11 minutes ago, turningpoint said:

I'm not sure what to think if the bengals take a RB in the 2nd round....we already have Gio and Jeremy Hill, sure they may not be all-pro's at their position, but we invested 2nd round picks on them and I just feel like we need to address other areas of the football team that have more glaring holes, like our O-line. We've also shown we can draft RB talent later in the draft, and if this draft is as loaded with RB talent as most are suggesting, why not wait and take a flyer on a guy in the 4th-6th round.

They've been scouting RBs a lot it seems. Hill is a free agent after this year and has been on a steady decline since a solid rookie year. Think they are ready to move on.

58 minutes ago, akiliMVP said:

They've been scouting RBs a lot it seems. Hill is a free agent after this year and has been on a steady decline since a solid rookie year. Think they are ready to move on.

Yeah, which makes you wonder why the hell they didn't try to keep Rex Burkhead?  Could have probably retained him for the same exact contract as a 2nd round pick.

2 minutes ago, Jpoore said:

This was assuming we resigned Burkhead. Nothing but speculation. Not going to happen unless we draft a guy. Gio may not even be ready to start the year and will certainly not be 100%

This was assuming we resigned Burkhead. Nothing but speculation. Not going to happen unless we draft a guy. Gio may not even be ready to start the year and will certainly not be 100%

Looks like he will be ready to start week 2. As far as dehner is concerned, hill will be backup whether we resigned rex or not. We have met or looked at a lot of rbs this year i think we go rb sometime in the first 4 rounds

2 minutes ago, Jpoore said:

If you look at the positional spending breakdown it's very clear the Bengals have the most room to spend on either the offensive line or RB position on offense. Being that their are no OL considered to be top 10 prospects, but 2 RB's could be and 1 definitely is considered I wouldn't be shocked if they drafted either Fournette or Cook at #9. 

Both guys would be an upgrade and and allow Hill to walk after the season is over. 

8 minutes ago, Jpoore said:

Looks like he will be ready to start week 2. As far as dehner is concerned, hill will be backup whether we resigned rex or not. We have met or looked at a lot of rbs this year i think we go rb sometime in the first 4 rounds

Isn't Dehner the same guy who confirmed without a doubt that Whitworth would be back with the Bengals. 

1st Barnette....

2nd O.J. Howard

3rd Foster

2nd rd

OC Ethan Pocic LSU

Bodine has been a weak link from day 1 imo....

& I think Bodine's a FA next yr anyway.....

but see many of you all like the OC from oh st.

but we need a new OC this yr....who ever he is ....

2 Dan Feeney OG

Charles Harris DE/OLB

there's something about a 6'7 Center that just does NOT appeal to me in the slightest.

I'd be much more comfortable with Pat Elflein if we're taking a C

I just have visions of Dalton throwing the ball right into the back of the guys helmet lol. 

Archived