What are the chances?

I don't think using all 11 draft picks would be wise.  Not likely that all of them will make the roster or even the practice squad, especially considering the track record of keeping undrafted rookies.  Seems like a waste to use picks on players you won't be able to keep around for even a year.  Then again, it's easier said than done to trade up and only give up late round picks.  I personally would not want to give up anything before our 5th round comp pick (#176).  If it worked out that we could move up in the 3rd or 4th to get someone we really liked at the cost of one or more of our 5 picks in the last 80 spots in the draft, I would do it.

The Bengals on paper right now are worse than the team that finished 6-9-1. If anything after the 2015 season would have been a time to do it. One thing I have seen alot , the Bengals try not to start rookies. Since 2014 only one guy has started out of the gate if im correct. Russell Bodine.

3 hours ago, ochothegreat said:

What are the chances, Of the bengals trading future/ draft picks or players to stock pile on early draft picks in this year draft

Sent from my LGLS992 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

I'd say 25%. They've been pretty transparent about their willingness to move AJ McCarron if the price is right. 

I don't see them moving any future picks and none of the other guys on the roster who would be worth picks to other teams are guys we would have any interest in moving (rightly so). 

Charlie don't surf.

Mike don't trade.

I've often goofed on the idea of trading the 5th through 7th round draft picks to move up or for extra picks in higher rounds.  Camp fodder can be had picking up guys after the draft.  Go for prospective quality over quantity and start to build and mold the team early.

1 hour ago, TheBeaverHunter said:

Bengals will do nothing out of the norm.  They will just pick BPA according to their board at 9. 

Always exciting to be a Bengals fan this time of year.

My guess is John Ross and Taco Charlton are the top 2 picks. Seems low for Charlton but I keep seeing him fall while others move up at DE. 

7 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Charlie don't surf.

Mike don't trade.

I've often goofed on the idea of trading the 5th through 7th round draft picks to move up or for extra picks in higher rounds.  Camp fodder can be had picking up guys after the draft.  Go for prospective quality over quantity and start to build and mold the team early.

I don't think a lot of fans realize how little those late picks are worth in trade. Play around with the trade value chart and see if you still think it's an awesome idea to trade those late picks to move up. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/draft/draft-trade-chart/

For example...

We could package all 6 of our picks in the 5th, 6th and 7th rounds and the trade value would get us one early 4th rounder. (So instead of 11 picks, we'd only have 6. With three in the 4th round.)

Or for example we could package our 5th, 6th and 7th round comp. picks for one early 5th rounder. (So instead of 11 picks we'd have only 9. Still only two 5th rounders, but one would be earlier)

On 3/28/2017 at 3:00 AM, High School Harry said:

Charlie don't surf.

Mike don't trade.

No offense to people that start trade threads, but I usually scoff at them. 

On 3/27/2017 at 8:40 PM, Kochman said:

The Bengals on paper right now are worse than the team that finished 6-9-1. If anything after the 2015 season would have been a time to do it. One thing I have seen alot , the Bengals try not to start rookies. Since 2014 only one guy has started out of the gate if im correct. Russell Bodine.

Funny enough, we traded up to get him. At least we know if a trade does happen, it's probably to get someone that the coaching staff feels strongly about and wants to play right away.

Tyler Boyd played 68% of the snaps on offense, so I'd say it would be fair to include him in guys that played right away even though he only "started" 2 games. I also believe Billings and WJIII could have seen some snaps last year had they been healthy. Not that either would have started, but at least Billings would have likely seen the field more than most other recent Bengals rookies.

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:03 AM, MichaelWeston said:

My guess is John Ross and Taco Charlton are the top 2 picks. Seems low for Charlton but I keep seeing him fall while others move up at DE. 

I doubt Taco could fall all the way to rd #2 pick 41.....but Dunlap fell into the 2rd rd so I guess it's possible....

I wanted a center in rd #2 but if Taco is there at 41 i'd pick him....get a center in rd #3....

Archived